ADVERTISEMENT

The good thing about Coach Prime

This.

Not sure why it's so hard to ignore his antics for some people. He has been a proven winner through most of his life. He makes people uncomfortable especially in this neck of the woods. I wouldn't want him for our coach but that doesn't mean he can't be a good coach somewhere else. For so many people that hate on him around here, it is weird how often his name is at the top of many ops. If you don't like him why give him any attention at all? What he is doing at CU has little affect on what's happening at NU.
Lots of athletes are proven winners. It means little when moving on to the next phase of life. Also, IIRC he left the falcons for the cowboys after basically winning nothing. It's not like he stayed and was the cornerstone of turning the falcons into some big time winner. He piggybacked.

This.

Not sure why it's so hard to ignore his antics for some people. He has been a proven winner through most of his life. He makes people uncomfortable especially in this neck of the woods. I wouldn't want him for our coach but that doesn't mean he can't be a good coach somewhere else. For so many people that hate on him around here, it is weird how often his name is at the top of many ops. If you don't like him why give him any attention at all? What he is doing at CU has little affect on what's happening at NU.
When you look at the "Look-At-Me" guy and see a huge clown it's natural to discuss it.

Also sucks that we've had so many recent losses to the Buffs.

Reactions: headcard
I don't know. Travis Hunter seems OK to me. It's the Sanders boys that seem like ass-hats.
And what is the point of being total jerks? They are finally at a division one school, they don’t need to do these Dipshit things to get noticed and to get drafted.

I guess flashing their watches did get them something-it got their stuff stolen out of the locker room at the Rose Bowl.

And in terms of their offensive line – Rhule had way more reasons to criticize our line than Sanders did to criticize his. Our coach stuck with our players, and they are getting better. Sanders has thrown his squarely under the bus, and it looks like we know where that is going…

And what is the point of being total jerks? They are finally at a division one school, they don’t need to do these Dipshit things to get noticed and to get drafted.

I guess flashing their watches did get them something-it got their stuff stolen out of the locker room at the Rose Bowl.

And in terms of their offensive line – Rhule had way more reasons to criticize our line than Sanders did to criticize his. Our coach stuck with our players, and they are getting better. Sanders has thrown his squarely under the bus, and it looks like we know where that is going…
Shinola Sanders had all his bling on standing on the sidelines in the second half after getting ejected.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I thought he might be 4 weeks into the season.
He will get votes enough to be Hon Mention AA and maybe 3rd team all conference but more likely Hon Mention there as well.

Washington, Oregon and USC all have better QB’s.

I can admit I was one of them. They had just knocked off TCU on the road and then beat us badly with a team put entirely together through the portal.
Prime is going to be interesting to watch. He started strong and many overreacted. Now the losses have started and I think people could be overreacting again. They weren’t as good as they thought early on and they are not as bad as many think they are either.

What intrigues me (and scares me a little) is how will he perform in the NIL / Transfer Portal environment of college football? When you have a cult of personality that has some recruits saying they want to play for him versus the university, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I hope he fails, but I’m sure not going to count him out.

Is there a possibility Deion is able to reflect on himself and change the person he is? Drop the act and become a better coach? Actually GROW as a human being? IDK. His persona seems to be who he is his entire career no matter what he's done.
Most of his schtick is what attracts and brings players to him. Its not like he has a long historied track record of winning at this level. Its all persona. Past glory. When(if) people begin to see past that, he's not going to get the players he wants. Snap judging and throwing them under the bus publicly constantly does him no favors either.
He's gonna have to show it on the field eventually because he's already wearing thin. Thanks to being the media darling social push of the week, he'll get a pass for now.
Will he get great athletes, you bet. Will they only be there for a payday? So far, so good.
Distractions from learning, discipline and playing for each other and the greater is what we've seen so far. It doesn't create wins in the long run, no matter how much boasting, bragging and excuse making you do.
Deion Sanders is what he is. An NFL star and an NFL booth personality and potential P5 quality Head Coach. What should he change? The American people did not create the Sanders Buffalo hype. He did along with media and sales. The win over TCU cut the dogs loose and we had Sanders for COY and Sanders commercials during every college football game until the Buffalo train lost the track and is laboring on a dirt road. Likely he has already accomplished his monetary goals of Boulder year one.

Sure, that makes a difference, but he is also a play or two away from 2-6. Arguably, he should have lost to CSU, and also ASU. Absolutely their schedule is tougher.

LeSean McCoy was calling Sanders out for calling out the OLine. He pointed to the fact that his defense gave up 46 points to Stanford (“they’re smart, but they’re not good at football”) in one half of football.

I know we shouldn’t write them off just yet. But they sure aren’t helping themselves, as a head coach and as a team of cocky players who are all about the individual and not the team.

You are arguing with a Coach Prime super fan.

There is nothing you can say and no amount of selfishness or incompetence that Coach Sanders can show that will change his mind.

Prime says he's going to dismiss the OL (players which he selected after dismissing the guys he inherited) because they're not protecting his son and he will bring in new players from the portal instead of coaching up the existing players to be better. Way to motivate your team and can you actually keep turning over the OL and then expect improved results?

Prime says he's going to dismiss the OL (players which he selected after dismissing the guys he inherited) because they're not protecting his son and he will bring in new players from the portal instead of coaching up the existing players to be better. Way to motivate your team and can you actually keep turning over the OL and then expect improved results?
Look, he's just trying to protect his son.....'s millions he will no doubt get from the NFL and those guys aren't making him look good.

Is Sapp still coming to coach the DL in 2024?

Are the players that aren’t going to come back because Sanders needs new ones going to re-transfer without a penalty? As a player he won in Dallas and SF and didn’t do much other than hype himself anywhere else. Those places had other great players and it wasn’t just him.

As a coach he had greater talent than the other teams on the schedule in HS and at Jackson St. He doesn’t have that now at CU even as he picked the guys coming in.

Will an off season make life better there, I think they can if the plan is for the team to become a team and not a collection of brands and marketing plans.

If the accountability is spared from the coaching staff starting at the top and flowing down to all the player, then things won’t improve.

All the great quotes and inspirational stories aren’t worth the breathe used to spout them if the actions don’t match. Self centered and immunity from criticism don’t create situations where young people become better men.

Is Sapp still coming to coach the DL in 2024?

Are the players that aren’t going to come back because Sanders needs new ones going to re-transfer without a penalty? As a player he won in Dallas and SF and didn’t do much other than hype himself anywhere else. Those places had other great players and it wasn’t just him.

As a coach he had greater talent than the other teams on the schedule in HS and at Jackson St. He doesn’t have that now at CU even as he picked the guys coming in.

Will an off season make life better there, I think they can if the plan is for the team to become a team and not a collection of brands and marketing plans.

If the accountability is spared from the coaching staff starting at the top and flowing down to all the player, then things won’t improve.

All the great quotes and inspirational stories aren’t worth the breathe used to spout them if the actions don’t match. Self centered and immunity from criticism don’t create situations where young people become better men.
"better men" for most of the guys going there = max exposure / clicks / espn articles. Huge % don't give a shit and the parents that think he genuinely cares just aren't very smart. But, I've heard he does say some really impressive stuff, so . . .

He's a really good quarterback.
He also gets the s*** kicked out of him. I would feel bad for him if he wasn't such a dbag.
He gets the sh!t kicked out of him because he's not that good of a QB and he holds the ball too long. And the o-line sucks and the play calling doesn't help. Other than that really good!

• Haha
Reactions: JOHNNY N
"better men" for most of the guys going there = max exposure / clicks / espn articles. Huge % don't give a shit and the parents that think he genuinely cares just aren't very smart. But, I've heard he does say some really impressive stuff, so . . .
Yeah, success isn’t about actually on the field winning if you can have the glitz wins. Flash and style over substance. The look at me crap is frustrating, especially when as a coach, getting that crap to a minimum

That's interesting considering I would put offensive play-calling down the list of CU problems. They struggle to run and play defense. Not sure a different play caller will change that. Love the instability though.
Talk radio speculation is that this move is the result of internal disagreement over the pass heavy offense that Prime wants to showcase Shedur vs Lewis desire to call a more balanced game and incorporate more run game.

According to the allbuffs site, the OC didn’t want or know how to run more effectively in order secure wins and protect Shedeur. Deion has said we need to run more, and is showing strong leadership to make necessary changes.

Everyone else: A terrible move.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT