ADVERTISEMENT

Texass just snagged the A@M baseball coach

Does anyone know how much money he is getting to jump ship? I don't bash a person for saying and doing what he did. I am going to assume that Texas would not contact him before the CWS was over so his comments at the time were valid. Then they apparently flashed some big $$$ at him and he was convinced. On top of that, he said something about sacrificing or whatever by originally going to A&M in the first place.

Does anyone think that if Rhule had a great season and someone flashed an extra 3 mil per year at him he wouldn't strongly consider it? That is just the world we live in today.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Does anyone know how much money he is getting to jump ship? I don't bash a person for saying and doing what he did. I am going to assume that Texas would not contact him before the CWS was over so his comments at the time were valid. Then they apparently flashed some big $$$ at him and he was convinced. On top of that, he said something about sacrificing or whatever by originally going to A&M in the first place.

Does anyone think that if Rhule had a great season and someone flashed an extra 3 mil per year at him he wouldn't strongly consider it? That is just the world we live in today.
Rhule is in a more interesting position because he is already super rich. Not that he would not want/take more money but it might be harder to pry him away with just cash.

It's funny that Aggies had no issue when they hired this guy right after he coached TCU in the college world series. Funny how your perspective changes when the shoe is on the other foot. I do realize we would be just as angry. just food for thought.
Why did he leave? It's a couple things if you're listen to insiders on both sides. For one, he and our athletic director are very close friends and that's ultimately what brought him here. He also had issues with some of the aggie cultural stuff I could list but it's too much to type here.
I suspect, and this is just a hunch, that they had a verbal agreement long before the cws. They're close friends they talk every week. I mean it's not hard to put two and two together. That and the fact that Jim said that Texas was his dream job years ago. I know it's a bad look but I don't know how it could have been done any different. If he had waited a week Aggies wouldn't be accusing him of waiting so they had no chance of getting portal players.
He's going to be Benedict Arnold in their eyes no matter what he does.

It's funny that Aggies had no issue when they hired this guy right after he coached TCU in the college world series. Funny how your perspective changes when the shoe is on the other foot. I do realize we would be just as angry. just food for thought.
Why did he leave? It's a couple things if you're listen to insiders on both sides. For one, he and our athletic director are very close friends and that's ultimately what brought him here. He also had issues with some of the aggie cultural stuff I could list but it's too much to type here.
I suspect, and this is just a hunch, that they had a verbal agreement long before the cws. They're close friends they talk every week. I mean it's not hard to put two and two together. That and the fact that Jim said that Texas was his dream job years ago. I know it's a bad look but I don't know how it could have been done any different. If he had waited a week Aggies wouldn't be accusing him of waiting so they had no chance of getting portal players.
Ya sometimes there is just no good timing for stuff. This is one of those situations. I would agree also on the agreement already in place. Conte put that Tweet out saying he was going to Omaha and not leaving until he had a yes from Jim. That was way too much confidence without knowing it was in the bag.

Him saying that yesterday was a bad look. But it’s a big business and fair game. Also- FU TA - he and ATM deserve each other.

Reactions: WHCSC
Ya sometimes there is just no good timing for stuff. This is one of those situations. I would agree also on the agreement already in place. Conte put that Tweet out saying he was going to Omaha and not leaving until he had a yes from Jim. That was way too much confidence without knowing it was in the bag.
I think that tweet you're referring to was confirmed fake. But I absolutely agree with you that he knew he had it before the cws ever started. No one can convince me otherwise. You're telling me two guys that talk every week didn't bring up the Texas coaching job until after game three? Not for a second

Him saying that yesterday was a bad look. But it’s a big business and fair game. Also- FU TA - he and ATM deserve each other.
Yeah it's a well known secret that Jim was furious at trev for firing some of the baseball staff without telling him first. One of the many issues he had with that school.

I think that tweet you're referring to was confirmed fake. But I absolutely agree with you that he knew he had it before the cws ever started. No one can convince me otherwise. You're telling me two guys that talk every week didn't bring up the Texas coaching job until after game three? Not for a second
Ok that makes more sense. It just didn’t seem as if an AD would make a statement like that.

I don’t really think it’s even a bad look. It’s a business, and you have to get what you can when you can. He just didn’t need to act so butthurt last night when someone asked the inevitable question. Just say “tonight’s about my team, who played a great CWS, and I’m not going to discuss any of that.” Spare us the faux indignation.

I don’t really think it’s even a bad look. It’s a business, and you have to get what you can when you can. He just didn’t need to act so butthurt last night when someone asked the inevitable question. Just say “tonight’s about my team, who played a great CWS, and I’m not going to discuss any of that.” Spare us the faux indignation.
Yeah I can agree with you on that. The response wasn't a good look.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I am taking some joy in the fire Trev movement at A&M. Imagine if they suck at FB this year. New coach that really hasn't done too much the toughest conference. With a name like Mike Elko you know they're going to suck.

I am taking some joy in the fire Trev movement at A&M. Imagine if they suck at FB this year. New coach that really hasn't done too much the toughest conference. With a name like Mike Elko you know they're going to suck.
It's pretty hilarious actually. They steal an athletic director from Nebraska. They steal the same coach from TCU right after the cws..... But when it happens to them? Here comes the outrage and death threats. I'm not happy at all with the way he handled that press conference but I'm not concerned at all what those hypocrites in college station think about this.

Trev didn’t hire him.

There are these things called paragraphs and spacing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT