ADVERTISEMENT

Talent level Big 10 West

What? Who cares if you can pull them in, if they don't stick around, don't qualify or leave before they play, it's no different than never being signed to begin with.

If I sign 10 4 stars and lose 5, and another team signs 6 and loses 1. We both have five 4-stars. My recruiting rankings will look great, but I not necessarily my talent level.

The OP is talking about "talent level" not recruiting rankings.
I agree that under Riley our recruiting was a bit of smoke and mirrors. I do not however that true of Frost and I believe with the culture being installed attrition will go way down

I agree that under Riley our recruiting was a bit of smoke and mirrors. I do not however that true of Frost and I believe with the culture being installed attrition will go way down

Then write an opinion post on what you believe Frosts recruiting will be like. Don’t bring up specific numbers as a way to prove that Nebraska has better overall talent based on recruiting numbers from the last 4 years when large chunks of those classes are gone. You can’t say Riley’s classes were all smoke and mirrors then use the numbers from this classes as proof Nebraska has more talent than the rest of the west division. Jmho

This isn’t Mike Riley’s team anymore. And we do embrace who we are. We are a true Blue Blood. We are in the top 5 of all time winning programs. We are 5 time National Champions, with two of the greatest teams in all of college football history. The only program in history that can match our 1990’s dynasty is current Alabama. We have one of, if not the, hottest young, up and coming coach in all of college football. He’s been compared to both Urban Myer and Nick Saban, not by Nebraska media, but by National Media. He has played or coached under the greatest minds in modern football. Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Bill Parcells, Bill Belicheck, Jon Gruden, Mike Tomlin, and Chip Kelly. We have a QB that has Heisman potential, and by Wednesday there’s a strong probability that we have 2 recruits that are finalists or both offensive and defensive national high school players of the year. As you were kicking your game winning field goal, at home, against a 4-7 team, the announcer was saying, “This Nebraska team is going to be a beast of a program in the next few years...”.

We have sucked for 20 years. That ends beginning in 2019. We probably won’t ever be any version of our 1990’s self, but I’ll put money on being a playoff team in the next 5 years.

Escape your borders this weekend, there's a whole another world out there.
potcXEh_d.jpg

Reactions: ConiferHawk
potcXEh_d.jpg

I’d agree we are not a top program currently, but we still are a blue blood Football program..

Blue bloods are made over time in history and not the last 5-10 years.Nebraska is Top 5 in all-time wins.Top 10 in winning pct.Top 5 in all time bowl games played.Top 10 consensus All-Americans.

potcXEh_d.jpg

If no one cares, why even bother making the survey? Why even lurk on our boards? BTW this same shit Nebraska team has nearly the exact W-L record as your Hawkeyes since joining the BIG10. Or do you have another map survey suggesting 65% of America believes college football is only 6 years old.

Then write an opinion post on what you believe Frosts recruiting will be like. Don’t bring up specific numbers as a way to prove that Nebraska has better overall talent based on recruiting numbers from the last 4 years when large chunks of those classes are gone. You can’t say Riley’s classes were all smoke and mirrors then use the numbers from this classes as proof Nebraska has more talent than the rest of the west division. Jmho
Hey the numbers are what they are. I used four years as that is a good indication of what the team is made up of. The numbers would be even better if I just used Frost. As far a attrition, yes we have had it and yes other teams do that also to go and research who left Northwestern was simply too much work but agreed attrition matters. Rileys recruiting was to a certain extent smoke and mirrors, however the OP was to try and compare talent levels in the west, I think it is significant that even with losing seasons NU is out recruiting the West , now if they all leave or do not get coached up ( as was the case) then it does not matter

Hey the numbers are what they are. I used four years as that is a good indication of what the team is made up of. The numbers would be even better if I just used Frost. As far a attrition, yes we have had it and yes other teams do that also to go and research who left Northwestern was simply too much work but agreed attrition matters. Rileys recruiting was to a certain extent smoke and mirrors, however the OP was to try and compare talent levels in the west, I think it is significant that even with losing seasons NU is out recruiting the West , now if they all leave or do not get coached up ( as was the case) then it does not matter

No the numbers aren't what they are. You presented a half baked theory. Then in defending that theory, wrote that 3/4 of the classes you used to get your numbers were based on smoke and mirrors recruiting, implying the players weren't that good as the recruiting rankings showed.

Attrition matters. I agree, but when putting forth a theory on the talent level Nebraska currently has on it's roster, as compared to other teams in the west, well, you have to compare the players that are .........currently on the roster.

No the numbers aren't what they are. You presented a half baked theory. Then in defending that theory, wrote that 3/4 of the classes you used to get your numbers were based on smoke and mirrors recruiting, implying the players weren't that good as the recruiting rankings showed.

Attrition matters. I agree, but when putting forth a theory on the talent level Nebraska currently has on it's roster, as compared to other teams in the west, well, you have to compare the players that are .........currently on the roster.
Arguing to just argue blah... agreed how to determine talent level is what kids are currently playing - however recruiting numbers also give us an indication of what our talent level could be with good coaching or do you just disagree with the whole ranking thing in total.

By the way I used this year as one of the four so half of the numbers are Frost even though recruiting is not done yet

That was said since '15. Guys, let the Big 8 go. It's ok, be comfortable in your own skin. You have Wisconsin, Iowa, NW, Purdue to worry about. Then OSU, Michigan, PSU after that. It's ok to accept who you are. Embrace it, it's a great conference to be apart of. Essentially, you're trading money for cheap wins.
If the Big bad 10 is so tough, how did pos iowa go 12-0 in the regular season and become nationally known as " the fake ID" of college football? Not a single win over a team that finished in the top 20. Geezus, what a tough conference.

It's pathetic that losers like you shit on the Big 8 to try and minimize NU's success. Does that make you feel better about being a nobody? Not only is that argument sad, it's plain assed stupid. Maybe you should educate yourself before you run your big mouth.

The next one of these annoying asswipes that brings up this mighty BIG 10 bs should be banned for life. It's a cop out excuse for loser programs that never win anything. Funny, I've never seen tOSU cry about being such a tough conference. Winners win, losers make excuses. Go away dipshit.

Arguing to just argue blah... agreed how to determine talent level is what kids are currently playing - however recruiting numbers also give us an indication of what our talent level could be with good coaching or do you just disagree with the whole ranking thing in total.

By the way I used this year as one of the four so half of the numbers are Frost even though recruiting is not done yet

So you left out the senior classes of all schools and instead included partially filled classes from this cycle? ha ha. Not sure that is helping your argument.

I am not arguing just to argue, you just presented a theory that makes no sense to me. If you want to compare recruiting classes then compare recruiting classes. If you want to compare rosters, then you have to do more legwork and compare rosters. You used the words "talent level" in your OP, so that is what I thought you were comparing.

If the Big bad 10 is so tough, how did pos iowa go 12-0 in the regular season and become nationally known as " the fake ID" of college football? Not a single win over a team that finished in the top 20. Geezus, what a tough conference.

It's pathetic that losers like you shit on the Big 8 to try and minimize NU's success. Does that make you feel better about being a nobody? Not only is that argument sad, it's plain assed stupid. Maybe you should educate yourself before you run your big mouth.

The next one of these annoying asswipes that brings up this mighty BIG 10 bs should be banned for life. It's a cop out excuse for loser programs that never win anything. Funny, I've never seen tOSU cry about being such a tough conference. Winners win, losers make excuses. Go away dipshit.

Preach

Because of a weak schedule.

The Big doesn't schedule equally. I hope some of you know that.

Leave it to an Io_a fan to re-write history to make themselves feel better.

1994 Final AP rankings consisted of 3 Big 8 Teams and 3 Big Ten teams.
1995 Final AP rankings consisted of 4 Big 8 Teams and 5 Big Ten teams.
1997 Final AP rankings consisted of 5 Big 12 Teams and 3 Big Ten teams.

So yeah... keep beating that “Nebraska was only successful because they played in the Big 8” drum. History tells a different story.

Leave it to an Io_a fan to re-write history to make themselves feel better.

1994 Final AP rankings consisted of 3 Big 8 Teams and 3 Big Ten teams.
1995 Final AP rankings consisted of 4 Big 8 Teams and 5 Big Ten teams.
1997 Final AP rankings consisted of 5 Big 12 Teams and 3 Big Ten teams.

So yeah... keep beating that “Nebraska was only successful because they played in the Big 8” drum. History tells a different story.
You forgot NU's other title years:
1971 Final AP rankings consisted of 3 Big 8 teams (Nos. 1, 2 and 3) and 1 Big Ten team (none called "Iowa").
1970 Final AP rankings consisted of 2 Big 8 teams and 2 Big Ten teams (none called "Iowa").

Re-read your years. Look at what you're all discussing. Pat on the back some more, folks. 1997 was Michigan's title. That was 21 years ago. 23-24 years ago were more fun time frames. 47-48 years ago are more fun times being cheersed like it happen last Saturday.

I can only imagine the bragging Minnesota did in the 1980's of their glory years. Look at what they became. UNL is in the middle of what happened to Minnesota. It's becoming eerily identical.

Re-read your years. Look at what you're all discussing. Pat on the back some more, folks. 1997 was Michigan's title. That was 21 years ago. 23-24 years ago were more fun time frames. 47-48 years ago are more fun times being cheersed like it happen last Saturday.

I can only imagine the bragging Minnesota did in the 1980's of their glory years. Look at what they became. UNL is in the middle of what happened to Minnesota. It's becoming eerily identical.

4 years makes it eerily identicalo_O

Minnesota Since Fry arrived.
1979- 4-6-1
1980- 5-6
1981- 6-5
1982- 3-8
1983- 1-10
1984- 4-7
1985- 7-5
1986- 6-6
1987- 6-5
1988- 2-7-2
1989- 6-5
1990- 6-5
1991- 2-9
1992- 2-9
1993- 4-7
1994- 3-8
1995- 3-8
1996- 4-7
1997- 3-9
1998- 5-6
1999- 8-4
2000- 6-6
2001- 4-7
2002- 8-5
2003- 10-3
2004- 7-5
2005- 7-5
2006- 6-7
2007- 1-11

That’s 17 losing seasons out of 29.

Nebraska has had 6 losing seasons in 56 years..
Argue those facts Mr eeirly identical..

4 years makes it eerily identicalo_O

Minnesota Since Fry arrived.
1979- 4-6-1
1980- 5-6
1981- 6-5
1982- 3-8
1983- 1-10
1984- 4-7
1985- 7-5
1986- 6-6
1987- 6-5
1988- 2-7-2
1989- 6-5
1990- 6-5
1991- 2-9
1992- 2-9
1993- 4-7
1994- 3-8
1995- 3-8
1996- 4-7
1997- 3-9
1998- 5-6
1999- 8-4
2000- 6-6
2001- 4-7
2002- 8-5
2003- 10-3
2004- 7-5
2005- 7-5
2006- 6-7
2007- 1-11

That’s 17 losing seasons out of 29.

Nebraska has had 6 losing seasons in 56 years..
Argue those facts Mr eeirly identical..
Half of 17 is......8.5. I said in the midde. 6 is damn near middle. Expect it to mirror Minnesota by 2032. Middle of road, ho-hum. Frost will be on to the Arizona Cardinals by then anyways.

Half of 17 is......8.5. I said in the midde. 6 is damn near middle. Expect it to mirror Minnesota by 2032. Middle of road, ho-hum. Frost will be on to the Arizona Cardinals by then anyways.

RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

Iowa wins 44 more games they will catch Minnesota at 694 all time victories...
Quess how many Iowa has to catch Nebraska’s All-Time Wins.:)

Last edited:
Iowa fans are afraid of the reality that's coming their way.
not likely as Iowa has improved their recruiting
2017 2 US Army AA
2018 1 US Army AA
2019 1 AA formerly the US Army AA
the last 2 were only 3*'s by Rivals,
LB Jacobs just got a offer from OSU and he turned them down.

Iowa does not need to recruit Nebraska as they have expended their area's into Georgia, Missippippi, Alabama, adding them to these as regular recruiting.
Texas where they have a 4* QB committed by 247 and ESPN in the 2020 class.
California where 4* QB Petras is from who is RS'ing.

in 2012 Kirk started to over haul his staff and now the only ones left from that group before 2012 is KF and Phil Parker. that makes 9 new coaches over the last 5 years.

during the biggest time of the over haul the recruiting classes looked like this
2013 53rd by Rivals
2014 59th by Rivals
2015 58th by Rivals
now that the majority has been in place
2016 42nd 8 true FR played
2017 40th 10 true FR played and or started
2018 40th 6 played and or started 40th be Rivals and 39th by 247
2019 45th by Rival with 16 commits, 37th by 247 and 32nd by ESPN

in the 2019 class these are the 4* players by 247
OL Miller
OL Endres
OLB Jacobs the AA who will enroll on January 10th 5 days after playing in the AA Game

all these are 3* players by Rivals.

so before people start claiming that Iowa is going to fall back and/or Kirk is unwilling to change better rethink their position that notion.

Stfu you moron.

2017 2 US Army AA
2018 1 US Army AA

Iowa does not need to recruit Nebraska as they have expended their area's into Georgia, Missippippi, Alabama, adding them to these as regular recruiting.

in 2012 Kirk started to over haul his staff and now the only ones left from that group before 2012 is KF and Phil Parker. that makes 9 new coaches over the last 5 years.

during the biggest time of the over haul the recruiting classes looked like this
2013 53rd by Rivals
2014 59th by Rivals
2015 58th by Rivals

OL Miller
OL Endres
OLB Jacobs the AA who will enroll on January 10th 5 days after playing in the AA Game

so before people start claiming that Iowa is going to fall back and/or Kirk is unwilling to change better rethink their position that notion.
Oh shit yall got Darkwing Gilligan to come out of hiding? This thread might become the GOAT.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8

You can't have it both ways, my friend. You can't say the past isn't important, and then try to drag down Nebraska's past accomplishments without expecting people to correct you.

It is a fact we have not developed our team physically as well as some other teams in the west. I believe that is changing. If in fact we are now not going to be out coached, talent I believe will be the deciding factor in who controls the division.

Total rivals point in the last 4 years by school
  1. NU - 7413
  2. WI - 6404
  3. Iowa - 5953
  4. Minn - 5591
  5. Purdue - 5157
  6. NW - 5068
  7. Illinois - 4665
All else equal we are recruiting almost a full class of talent better then most of the division. I have every faith Frost will get these guys ready to play and there is not a reason in the world we should not be in the Big10 title game most years. Wi will up their recruiting game to try and keep pace, Purdue has a strong coach and could challenge - Iowa will not change or adapt and will fall back some - Minn is a bit of a wild card and NW has strong development but is not a serious challenger on the recruiting front.

It is also important to note NU is recruiting at this level while having three bad seasons out of the last 4. At what level will we recruit when the results start showing??
Nice work. I think we go 8 - 4, or 9 - 3 next year and get more talented with more wins the following years. There's every reason to believe that Nebraska can win 10 games a year in perpetuity with Frost and company

Iowan: "Hey, Nebraska fan. We beat you for the fourth time in a row. We're awesome. You suck."
Nebraskan: "Yep. We've really struggled the last four years. Congrats, but we're coming back. Soon."
Iowan: "Not only do you suck, your national championships were tainted because the Big Eight was never as good as the Big Ten. You would never have won that many in our conference."
Nebraskan: "Wait. That's not true. We used to be really awesome. Like Alabama awesome. It was an incredible ride, especially for a 56-year old who wonders if we'll ever reach those heights again."
Iowan: "The past doesn't matter. Unless I bring it up."

2017 2 US Army AA
2018 1 US Army AA

2013 53rd by Rivals
2014 59th by Rivals
2015 58th by Rivals

OL Miller
OL Endres

A+ report, too bad nobody gives a shit. Maybe you should try an iowa board. Iowa fans bragging about top 40-50 recruiting classes on a Nebraska board. Thanks for the laughs.

RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

Iowa wins 44 more games they will catch Minnesota at 694 all time victories...
Quess how many Iowa has to catch Nebraska’s All-Time Wins.:)
Iowa has luckily enjoyed the short downturn in football at Nebraska. Plan on redemption Iowa, as you will become the smashed bug on the front bumper, as we drive down 80 to Indy.

I'm a Husker fan on my own board, take a hike smartass.
That kwicazzhole sure is funny, isn't he? Iowa fan can get absolutely NO relevant talk from any major sports outlet in America, so they try to come here and puff up their team, hilarious. Like I've said before, a bad Nebraska team still has more clout and relevance around the country than iowa will ever have, no matter what type of season they end up with.

Reactions: SOHusker11
A+ report, too bad nobody gives a shit. Maybe you should try an iowa board. Iowa fans bragging about top 40-50 recruiting classes on a Nebraska board. Thanks for the laughs.
the classes in the 50's are about gone. last seasons team had these as the top playmakers
JR QB Stanley
RSSO RB Young
SO RB Sarbeant
SO RB Kelly-Martin
SO WR Brando Smith
SO WR Smith-Marsette
RSSO TE Hockenson Mackey Award winner who has yet to decide between going Pro or returning
The Tackles LT RSSO Jackson
RT SO Wirfs
will be here for 2 more years
on defense
these return
SO DE Epenesa who recorded 9.5 sacks
RSJR DE Anthony Nelson who also recorded 9.5 sacks
JR DT Lattimore
RSSO OLB Niemann
JR MLB Welch
RSFR WLB Colbert
CB SO Hankins
CB RSJR Ojemuda
FS SO Stone
SS JR Hooker

that made 11 total RSSO/SO that played and 10 players on defense that is 7th in Rush defense
6th in total defense

the defense is what makes Iowa go and Iowa led the BT in INT. tied for 1st in the FBS in INT's. the backups were all true FR. that is what you have to worry about.

Reactions: 9and4 and kwicasso
why not Nebraska fans flood the Iowa board with their bragging about your recruits, but I am not bragging as all I am doing is pointing out how Iowa's recruiting is improving. and the depth that is returning by year class.

Iowa fans don’t like history because in the last 56 years they have had 24 losing seasons and 6- 0.500 seasons

So of those 56 years they had 26 winnings seasons...Laughing

That kwicazzhole sure is funny, isn't he? Iowa fan can get absolutely NO relevant talk from any major sports outlet in America, so they try to come here and puff up their team, hilarious. Like I've said before, a bad Nebraska team still has more clout and relevance around the country than iowa will ever have, no matter what type of season they end up with.
I go to the Michigan board and Indiana board and Wisconsin board and we share the topic on recruiting, I even go to the UCF Board and compare notes. only on this board do I get negative feed back putting Iowa's recruiting classes down.

Iowa has won 5-6 vs Michigan sharing a BT Championship with them in the 2004 season

Reactions: kwicasso
Iowa fans don’t like history because in the last 56 years they have had 24 losing seasons and 6- 0.500 seasons

So of those 56 years they had 26 winnings seasons...Laughing
yes but they have had 4 decades of playing winning FB seasons going to 4 RB's and 2 Orange Bowls.

since Kirk overhauled his staff the team has done this
2013 8-5
2014 7-6
2015 12-2
2016 8-5
2017 8-5
2018 8-4 with a bowl game to be played.

Reactions: 9and4
I go to the Michigan board and Indiana board and Wisconsin board and we share the topic on recruiting, I even go to the UCF Board and compare notes. only on this board do I get negative feed back putting Iowa's recruiting classes down.

Iowa has won 5-6 vs Michigan sharing a BT Championship with them in the 2004 season
That's nice.

yawn.jpg

Reactions: SOHusker11
2017 2 US Army AA
2018 1 US Army AA

2013 53rd by Rivals
2014 59th by Rivals
2015 58th by Rivals

OL Miller
OL Endres

Decent recruiting. Nothing ground breaking. Minnesota level.
Iowa won by 3 against a 1st year Nebraska team. Kirk sure is a great coach. Laughing

yes but they have had 4 decades of playing winning FB seasons going to 4 RB's and 2 Orange Bowls.

since Kirk overhauled his staff the team has done this
2013 8-5
2014 7-6
2015 12-2
2016 8-5
2017 8-5
2018 8-4 with a bowl game to be played.
looks pretty average

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT