ADVERTISEMENT

T.O to Saban at MSU

In his postgame presser, I remember Saban saying something like, “People love to talk about how simple Nebraska’s offense is. But let me assure you, there’s nothing simple about the ass-whipping they put on you.”
So there's a chance NS would come to NU... Right?
dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

Attended.

And wow did NU’s season change when LP returned to Lincoln that night.

Yep. They had to replace him with the all-time leading rusher for the Green Bay Packers.
The talking heads back in the day who liked to bash the Huskers tried to spin that TO let LP back on the field later that the season solely because he wanted to win. They conveniently forgot to mention how good his back-up was - of course that would have put an end to their argument.

Funny story....we watched that game at my frat house and I was supposed to meet up later that day with some girl on the basketball team...well...she ghosted me that night, never did find out what happened.

Reactions: schuele
All-time great line. You're not that bad. We were just the best CFB team of all time. You'll be fine Nick. Saban turned out to be a pretty good coach.
I remember watching that game and we were whooping it up the whole time. Had no idea. The guy on the other side line was going to be a legend himself.

Reactions: HBK4life
I miss the days of games being over at halftime. Watching the 3rd and 4th string the rest of the game. But back then our 3rd and 4th string was better than most teams' starters.
Teams also had more than 80 scholarships to offer players. Times have changed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT