ADVERTISEMENT

super league?

Too big IMO because I don't see how the financials would work among that high number of teams. IF it's equal revenue sharing then B1G and SEC teams wouldn't want to participate and take a pay cut.

And IF it's not equal revenue sharing then it wouldn't be a level playing field for competing (and that's where we are today so there's no advantage to such a reorganization)..

Now I could see a super league of around 30 or so teams where the financials would work for equal revenue sharing. And like it or not, or whether we agree with it or not, it's about the money driving everything these days.

Bottomline: There's just too much difference between the top teams and the bottom teams to make it work for such a large number (at least when it comes to football).

Last edited:
did you notice that masters tournament viewership was down 20% this year? some would say the unintended consequences of greed. idk?

Not that this is very important but how the hell is Michigan, Ohio, etc. considered the Midwest? If you're in the Easter Time Zone, you ain't midwest.
having lived out there, most believe michigan and ohio are the eastern most midwest states. i believe they are included by most definitions and considered such by the census bureau.

375px-Map_of_USA_Midwest.svg.png

Reactions: Dean Pope
did you notice that masters tournament viewership was down 20% this year? some would say the unintended consequences of greed. idk?
Greed? Maybe, but more because their leader didn't adapt. As I said on the other thread, it is Jay's M's fault. He had to adapt and didn't.

Too big IMO because I don't see how the financials would work among that high number of teams. IF it's equal revenue sharing then B1G and SEC teams wouldn't want to participate and take a pay cut.

And IF it's not equal revenue sharing then it wouldn't be a level playing field for competing (and that's where we are today so there's no advantage to such a reorganization)..

Now I could see a super league of around 30 or so teams where the financials would work for equal revenue sharing. And like it or not, or whether we agree with it or not, it's about the money driving everything these days.

Bottomline: There's just too much difference between the top teams and the bottom teams to make it work for such a large number (at least when it comes to football).
Exactly. This solves nothing in fact it's almost what there is today.

I don't think the big 2 would anyway support this

In addition to the No Way in Hell factors already mentioned, I don't really see the Pac-12 kissing and making up, minus Colorado and Utah.

But hey, it's an 11-slide PowerPoint deck! Must be legit!

Reactions: Streamer15
But for real. I hate absolutely zero percent of it. I would rather play those 9 teams every year than the current slate of BIG teams.

Would there possibly be a dip in TV revenue? Probably.

Would there be an increase in ticket revenue? Hell yeah brother!

**** 'em, let's send it.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
This proposal came out in February, and after that, the B1G and SEC came out with their proposal.

If this had any legs to it, why would the B1G and SEC come out with their own proposal afterwards?
The more likely scenario IMO is that the B1G and SEC split off into their own super league in the future and jointly negotiate TV deals. And the rest of the schools will form a league below the super league.

The more likely scenario IMO is that the B1G and SEC split off into their own super league in the future and jointly negotiate TV deals. And the rest of the schools will form a league below the super league.
the more likely scenario is that common sense prevails, albeit this is all about college presidents, greed, and killing the goose that for generations laid the golden egg.

the more likely scenario is that common sense prevails, albeit this is all about college presidents, greed, and killing the goose that for generations laid the golden egg.
Maybe but right now the playing field/competition is getting more and more unequal each media deal cycle between the haves and have-nots. So I think the real common sense thing to do to promote fair competition is to add a super tier for the haves to compete in. You're just never going to have a field of fair competition with a group of 70 or so teams competing.

So then, how is common sense prevailing the more likely scenario?

But for real. I hate absolutely zero percent of it. I would rather play those 9 teams every year than the current slate of BIG teams.

Would there possibly be a dip in TV revenue? Probably.

Would there be an increase in ticket revenue? Hell yeah brother!

**** 'em, let's send it.
Dip in tv revenue? That's beneficial how?

Increase in ticket revenue? How so? We're already selling out.

You are so freaking annoying. None of that is going to happen. When the B1G and SEC get their fill (note: KState will not be getting an invite), the pressure to break away and form a power league will be high. It will be like the old days when we had I-A and I-AA. They will get the huge contract and the P8 (that's KState and rest of those lessor conferences) will become the I-AA by default. Your just going to have to deal with it.

You are so freaking annoying. None of that is going to happen. When the B1G and SEC get their fill (note: KState will not be getting an invite), the pressure to break away and form a power league will be high. It will be like the old days when we had I-A and I-AA. They will get the huge contract and the P8 (that's KState and rest of those lessor conferences) will become the I-AA by default. Your just going to have to deal with it.
Purple pussies never getting into anthing but second tier, which is exactly where they belong.

Our obnoxious resident KSUcks fan never tires of his fantasies.

Literally can't think of anything more logically correct than this... but the problem is (and why I laughed at this) the Greed and Television stance will never allow this currently. This also would not allow for equal profit share and the Plains division is full of a terrible media market vs the majority of the others. Big 10 teams like us, Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin would not go for it as it would be walking away from the big kids table to eat with the toddlers (financially)

Also WTF is Louisville doing in the Midwest Division and Notre Dame in the Northeast? That makes 0 sense

Last edited:
5 seconds of reading it and it already doesn't make sense. Plains includes mountain time zone teams in Utah? Arkansas in the "SW"?

What people want and what is reality is so different.

I understand bagging on the idea and our former conference friends/foes. The sad part is they've been far more successful ON THE FIELD than we have been as of late. Heck who hasn't.

Hopefully the giant is awakening

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT