ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl hype

Sometime during the mid eighties I started getting disinterested in the NFL. Now I only watch maybe 1 out of every 2, maybe 3 Super Bowls played. The over commercialization of the pro league just ruined any of the fun factor for myself anyway.

With that being said I hate to see what the pursuit of the almighty dollar is currently doing to the game at the college level.

With last year's change to a running game clock that just about put the final nail in the coffin of me not watching any more college football. Less actual football followed up with even more commercials.

Still haven't turned it on. I'm not planning on turning the TV on until 5:30. I hate the super hype. Anyone else? I also plan on muting the halftime as well.

Got the DVR set. I’ll probably start watching at 6 o’clock and and then fast forward through the halftime.. But I will watch the commercials if they’re paying $7 million for 30 seconds.

Reactions: bigboxes
Got the DVR set. I’ll probably start watching at 6 o’clock and and then fast forward through the halftime.. But I will watch the commercials if they’re paying $7 million for 30 seconds.
Somebody To Love Remix GIF by Justin Bieber

I really can't stand any pre game talk anymore for any sport. Bunch of yambags that don't know anything.

I really can't stand any pre game talk anymore for any sport. Bunch of yambags that don't know anything.
Plus the actual games have gotten ridiculously long. Who has 5-6 hours to dedicate to one football game, when you're not even going in person.

Sometime during the mid eighties I started getting disinterested in the NFL. Now I only watch maybe 1 out of every 2, maybe 3 Super Bowls played. The over commercialization of the pro league just ruined any of the fun factor for myself anyway.

With that being said I hate to see what the pursuit of the almighty dollar is currently doing to the game at the college level.

With last year's change to a running game clock that just about put the final nail in the coffin of me not watching any more college football. Less actual football followed up with even more commercials.

Pro sports suck and college is heading that way fast the more they try to become like the pros.

• Love
Reactions: HawksDown
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT