ADVERTISEMENT

Sunflower state game thread

6 1/2 minutes into the game, WSU already in the bonus. Let's see how long it takes Self to work the officials to get this evened out. All have been clean calls outside of maybe one. Self isn't liking it though, surprising, ha!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

His relentless bitching has begun to pay off. Two-hand shove knocks Wessel into Van Vleet, and he gets called for stepping out of bounds.

It's amusing how coaches are not allowed to criticize officials after the game. But piss and moan and scream in their face from opening tip to final buzzer? - no problem!

Shockers have to keep attacking. Too early to start milking the shot clock!

That Cotton kid is killing WSU with his lazy passes. Given up two layups doing it.

PC police are going to be out in force...."Cotton picking Kansas apart"

Just one was Cotton. Big man was responsible for the other giveaway. But yeah, both were brain cramps.

WSU wants it more. Gregg Marshall is a hard nosed coach. Bill Self is beside himself almost looks embarrassed. Oh well. Gotta love the hawkers getting beat hate KU.

Frank Mason can now don his 3-point goggles on the bench.

It's now become a good old-fashioned ass-whipping. I always enjoy watching the entitled smirk get wiped off Self's face in the early rounds.

Every middle school to high school aged kid that wants to play basketball should watch Wichita State play defense. That is how man to man is supposed to be played.

my boss graduated from ku (but is from wichita), our secretary is a ku fan (says she HATES wsu), and our accountant graduated with bill self (self is a really good, down to earth guy according to him), and im a wsu grad. i wont rub it in, but ill have a cheshire cat grin on tomorrow...

Son and two nephews all graduated from WSU. I will be wearing my Shockers stuff to work tomorrow. Great time to be a Shockers fan.

Was at the game tonight, was a lot of fun. Mostly Shocker fans around us. Kansas looked terrible the second half. The Shockers ended up with every loose ball and defensive rebound. They clearly wanted it more than the Jayhawks.

Great game at the Link. Plenty of fans from both. I'm not a fan of either, so seeing one go down made my day. I probably like Kansas less, so I was a bit glad to see them go down. Kansas fans, to me, just seem.........IDK......snooty. And then all the bandwagon KU basketball fans drive me nuts. This really was not a vintage KU team, and Ellis didn't seem like his usual self. I was next to mostly Shocker fans in the upper level. Great game, great atmosphere. Plenty of Wisky fans watching, too. I was impressed with that Wessell kid. He's tough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT