ADVERTISEMENT

Stovall, Dismuke pulled over by LPD

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007
Marquel - driving on a suspended lisence.
Stovall - a bit of weed.

They're both Riley guys.

Jk

Didn’t realize Mike and his bike are back in Lincoln overseeing the program!! Winking

552996daa89b3.image.jpg

Last edited:
The topic’s been deceased horse beaten, but my only angle has to do with 100% focus and buy in for Frost and football. They’re disregarding their coach and as stated above it’s a “distraction” from the team goals of success.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
The topic’s been deceased horse beaten, but my only angle has to do with 100% focus and buy in for Frost and football. They’re disregarding their coach and as stated above it’s a “distraction” from the team goals of success.

Wait...so you think coach speak is real?

My gawd, 100% buy in and focus does NOT exist for college age guys. Normal behavior. I often reflect I'm lucky to be alive after the garbage I pulled, and I was GOOD compared to most I knew. This same stuff goes on at Alabama et al, it's part of every D1 coach's job to deal with it.

Reactions: bigredhunter
Because it isn't stupid to them at that time.

When I was in college I am sure I did at least 3 stupid things every week. Probably more.
I agree, it just looks really bad for a team trying to get back in the spotlight. Im not hear kids from Alabama getting in trouble as frequently or from an other school. Seems like it has just been us. Granted I don't follow other programs as close so maybe they are and we just aren't seeing it here.

I agree, it just looks really bad for a team trying to get back in the spotlight. Im not hear kids from Alabama getting in trouble as frequently or from an other school. Seems like it has just been us. Granted I don't follow other programs as close so maybe they are and we just aren't seeing it here.
Yeah, I am guessing that we don't hear a ton about little crap like this at other schools because like you said, you don't really follow them.

Also, I am guessing that right now at schools like Bama and Clemson that cops "get it" right now.

Reactions: husker2612
Some of this may have to do with how their local PDs handle these types of incidents.

There isn't a college football program in the country that doesn't have kids smoking weed or drinking. It's just annoying that our players keep landing in the headlines!

I know the Lincoln Police Department is doing their job but isn't there anything else they can focus their time on!!

There isn't a college football program in the country that doesn't have kids smoking weed or drinking. It's just annoying that our players keep landing in the headlines!

I know the Lincoln Police Department is doing their job but isn't there anything else they can focus their time on!!
Ha, that's probably the consequence of living in a lower crime community. In Chicago they'd be too busy chasing down last night's murders to worry about these things.

Reactions: bigredhunter
Right, they need to just hurry up and legalize it. It’s going to happen, so might as well get it done and over with.

This is a tired argument. Even if it is "legal" the NCAA can make it against the rules. I can buy pot in Colorado, smoke it legally in my house, then get popped on a random drug test and fired from my job because they do not allow me to smoke pot.

How about we set the standard at just not breaking the current Nebraska state laws, NCAA drug rules and Nebraska team rules.

This is a total guesstimate but what are there 120 players on the team? I have counted 6 players that have had some kind of public reporting of run-ins with law enforcement officers since the season ended. That comes out to 5%. Does 5% of the students have some kind of run in with LEO's during the year? I would think thats probably average.

Not saying this is ok or not ok but I would think the law of averages is at work here.

Either way it does give a black eye to Scott Frost from a PR point of view. But by the end of the week, will anyone remember or really care? probably not.

This is a PR and perception item more than anything, IMO. Better to get on this stuff early which I am sure they are trying. Time to make some kids run till the coaches get tired. :)

Reactions: huskerssalts
If we were winning I could care less, but.... we haven’t been winning so...

Regardless, this by itself is not a big deal.

Reactions: huskerssalts
This is a tired argument. Even if it is "legal" the NCAA can make it against the rules. I can buy pot in Colorado, smoke it legally in my house, then get popped on a random drug test and fired from my job because they do not allow me to smoke pot.

How about we set the standard at just not breaking the current Nebraska state laws, NCAA drug rules and Nebraska team rules.

That’s on Frost and Moos. But yes, having it legal does make a huge difference. Then the “Oh but that’s illegall” comments won’t happen. It will be more viewed like drinking then. And sorry my man, but I don’t look down on weed, Never have and never will. And nope, I quit smoking 20 years ago, I just don’t think bad of it. But I will admit, these young men need to be smarter how they do there extra curricular activities.

That’s on Frost and Moos. But yes, having it legal does make a huge difference. Then the “Oh but that’s illegall” comments won’t happen. It will be more viewed like drinking then. And sorry my man, but I don’t look down on weed, Never have and never will. And nope, I quit smoking 20 years ago, I just don’t think bad of it. But I will admit, these young men need to be smarter how they do there extra curricular activities.

Dude, I could not care less about your personal views on marijuana. That isn't even the issue. I didn't even mention what my personal weed position was.

If an 18 year old freshman was busted for drunk and disorderly, it is still stupid, against the law and against team, and I would assume, university policy. That should be the standard, not what fans believe is an acceptable level law breaking or rule breaking.

I don't think that is a team that a lot of us will root for.

Yeah, I am guessing that we don't hear a ton about little crap like this at other schools because like you said, you don't really follow them.

Also, I am guessing that right now at schools like Bama and Clemson that cops "get it" right now.
Lol That is what I was thinking, are Lincoln cops just Ass holes? While no person should be above the law, I do wonder if there is a lot of that type of stuff going on in other college towns.
" Good evening sir, do you know why I pulled you over tonight.......? There was a report of a strong odor coming from your vehicle as well as smoke pour out your windows. I can also smell weed coming from your car........ Oh,.... Damn, is that you Mr Tagovailoa? Hey, would you mind signing something for my kid? Great, great. Well you boys have a good night and stop lighting all those candles in your car;) it really isn't safe."

Lol That is what I was thinking, are Lincoln cops just Ass holes? While no person should be above the law, I do wonder if there is a lot of that type of stuff going on in other college towns.
" Good evening sir, do you know why I pulled you over tonight.......? There was a report of a strong odor coming from your vehicle as well as smoke pour out your windows. I can also smell weed coming from your car........ Oh,.... Damn, is that you Mr Tagovailoa? Hey, would you mind signing something for my kid? Great, great. Well you boys have a good night and stop lighting all those candles in your car;) it really isn't safe."

I have heard that LPD has cracked down more on that "oh it is a player" stuff...Just from stories I have heard it seems like in the 70's and 80's and 90's it was more like a "okay guys, get on home" type of thing...where in the last 15 years or so it seems like it is much more by the book.

I have heard that LPD has cracked down more on that "oh it is a player" stuff...Just from stories I have heard it seems like in the 70's and 80's and 90's it was more like a "okay guys, get on home" type of thing...where in the last 15 years or so it seems like it is much more by the book.
Another thing is why does it seem Frost players are the ones smoking weed. Did Rileys players never smoke? I don't recall any of his guys getting busted while he was here. Him being from the west coast, I would think he would hand that shit out at team meetings. Frost has had 4 ? Don't remember for sure. Wandale, Washington, Dismuke and Stovall. All over the course of 6 weeks.
Now don't get me wrong I will happily take a few drug charges in exchange for a winning football team. If it takes them all smoking pot to win games, so be it. lol

If you make it legal, then it's just a team discipline issue instead of an arrest, bad publicity, court appearances, etc. As long as they aren't driving or involved in other crimes, the worst your looking at is minor in possession. I could deal with that.

If you make it legal, then it's just a team discipline issue instead of an arrest, bad publicity, court appearances, etc. As long as they aren't driving or involved in other crimes, the worst your looking at is minor in possession. I could deal with that.

or we could just follow the laws and rules of today until they are changed. I could deal with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT