ADVERTISEMENT

Stovall, Dismuke pulled over by LPD

Because it isn't stupid to them at that time.

When I was in college I am sure I did at least 3 stupid things every week. Probably more.
This should be a Huskers Online poll. Did JohnRossEwing do one stupid thing a week in college, two, three, or probably more? I think I would vote "probably more".

Saw this on OWH comments. Someone will make a fortune marketing red shirts that say “We’re aware of the incident and are addressing it”

Problem with one screw up is that you might get another one, and then another, and pretty soon you've pissed away some of your best years, right Mr. Gregory?

Reactions: TheBeav815
Last year after a loss ( I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was after we got absolutely dog walked by Michigan) my wife and I were at a bar here in town and in walked Mo Barry, Deontai Williams, Dedrick Young, and a couple others that I don't remember. I have way more of an issue with that than I do with this, or even Wandale getting caught with weed. Honestly, I would've preferred if they were so down after that game they needed to smoke to deal with the depression. Going out to the bar when you're of age isn't a huge deal...unless it's the day you get embarrassed on national tv. It's still the off-season so I really don't think it's a big deal that a couple kids under 22 got caught with less than a half ounce of weed. Actually, to be specific, just Stovall had weed on him at the time. I've never been able to figure out why people make such a big deal about weed. I don't partake myself, but I know that a lot of people do. Your lawyer, grocer, local business owner, doctor, and probably someone you'd never think smokes weed, does. It's all about perception. Outside of the legality issue..the NCAA says weed is bad so we badmouth athletes that get caught smoking. The NCAA has a lot of rules that we all know are ridiculous, and a lot of people are very critical of them for it. Why is this the issue everyone gets behind? I honestly would rather have a kid smoking weed once in a while rather than drinking terrible cheap beer that will actually effect his body negatively. As far as what goes on with other teams, I'd take these small virtual non issues over what Florida is dealing with on a regular basis. Idk..just my thoughts on the subject.

I'm surprised they haven't just gotten vape cartridges from someone who's gone to Colorado. They would never get caught.

Reactions: spinner4
Weed is a drug.
Why put drugs in your body that do not need to be there?
Since it has been illegal in the U.S. there have not been extensive studies on it's affects. What we do know is it is not good for us, especially younger developing brains.

Right, they need to just hurry up and legalize it. It’s going to happen, so might as well get it done and over with.

Sooo, you think it's OK to smoke dope while driving? How is that any different than drinking while driving? I mean, the cops smelled marijuana when pulling them over. Even if they do legalize marijuana, I seriously doubt it will be allowed to be consumed while driving.

These players need to pull their heads out of their asses and understand they are representing UNL with everything they do. Smoke pot after you graduate.

Sooo, you think it's OK to smoke dope while driving? How is that any different than drinking while driving? I mean, the cops smelled marijuana when pulling them over. Even if they do legalize marijuana, I seriously doubt it will be allowed to be consumed while driving.

These players need to pull their heads out of their asses and understand they are representing UNL with everything they do. Smoke pot after you graduate.

I don’t remember saying that at all. And where did it say they were doing that while driving? Maybe I missed it. But it said the officer could smell it and anyone who knows how weed is, it lingers for a while. Let’s not ADD things to it because known of us know that’s what they where doing, let’s leave it as the facts stated.

I really dont give a damn about the weed. The suspended license is a bigger deal. Kid keeps doing that crap he aint gonna have a license again for a long long time. I know what thats like as kid living in Lincoln, and it sucks. Although I'm sure hes got lots of friends and maybe a bike and heck, public transpo as well. It still sucks and he shouldnt have been driving.

I really dont give a damn about the weed. The suspended license is a bigger deal. Kid keeps doing that crap he aint gonna have a license again for a long long time. I know what thats like as kid living in Lincoln, and it sucks. Although I'm sure hes got lots of friends and maybe a bike and heck, public transpo as well. It still sucks and he shouldnt have been driving.

Not really true. If it's suspended for an unpaid ticket you pay the ticket and then you can obtain reinstatement.

Subsequently, you better also pay the fine for driving under suspension.

Last year after a loss ( I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was after we got absolutely dog walked by Michigan) my wife and I were at a bar here in town and in walked Mo Barry, Deontai Williams, Dedrick Young, and a couple others that I don't remember. I have way more of an issue with that than I do with this, or even Wandale getting caught with weed. Honestly, I would've preferred if they were so down after that game they needed to smoke to deal with the depression. Going out to the bar when you're of age isn't a huge deal...unless it's the day you get embarrassed on national tv. It's still the off-season so I really don't think it's a big deal that a couple kids under 22 got caught with less than a half ounce of weed. Actually, to be specific, just Stovall had weed on him at the time. I've never been able to figure out why people make such a big deal about weed. I don't partake myself, but I know that a lot of people do. Your lawyer, grocer, local business owner, doctor, and probably someone you'd never think smokes weed, does. It's all about perception. Outside of the legality issue..the NCAA says weed is bad so we badmouth athletes that get caught smoking. The NCAA has a lot of rules that we all know are ridiculous, and a lot of people are very critical of them for it. Why is this the issue everyone gets behind? I honestly would rather have a kid smoking weed once in a while rather than drinking terrible cheap beer that will actually effect his body negatively. As far as what goes on with other teams, I'd take these small virtual non issues over what Florida is dealing with on a regular basis. Idk..just my thoughts on the subject.

You're basically implying that they didn't care as much as you after that loss. That's ridiculous.

You're basically implying that they didn't care as much as you after that loss. That's ridiculous.
I'm not implying that I cared more. I very clearly stated that I have more of a problem with that than I do a player smoking weed in the off-season. That was the only thing you took away from that statement is ridiculous.

I'm not implying that I cared more. I very clearly stated that I have more of a problem with that than I do a player smoking weed in the off-season. That was the only thing you took away from that statement is ridiculous.

No it's not. Your whole point is silly.

How dare they did something legal when they could do something illegal!!

No it's not. Your whole point is silly.

How dare they did something legal when they could do something illegal!!
You're going to tell me that a player that gets caught smoking weed in the off-season is less dedicated or disciplined that someone that goes out and parties DURING the season? Especially after a loss? That statement just threw your whole argument out the window. I'm not advocating for marijuana use. What I'm saying is that it's the off-season. The legality of weed is trivial at best at this point. Alcohol and tobacco are far worse and kill far more people than weed does. We're ok with it though just for the simple fact that it's legal. If this is an argument about a player on a team that has responsibilities then smoking weed in the off-season carries much less weight than partying after a loss imo

Not really true. If it's suspended for an unpaid ticket you pay the ticket and then you can obtain reinstatement.

Subsequently, you better also pay the fine for driving under suspension.

Pretty sure youre not supposed to be driving with a suspended license. The why it was suspended doesnt seem to be important to me. Maybe it is to the courts, maybe it isnt, but I know I got into bigger trouble back when I did it, in Lincoln.

Pretty sure youre not supposed to be driving with a suspended license. The why it was suspended doesnt seem to be important to me. Maybe it is to the courts, maybe it isnt, but I know I got into bigger trouble back when I did it, in Lincoln.

You're definitely not supposed be driving on a suspended license. However, its not difficult to get it reinstated unless you lost it as a result of a DUI.

Lol That is what I was thinking, are Lincoln cops just Ass holes? While no person should be above the law, I do wonder if there is a lot of that type of stuff going on in other college towns.
" Good evening sir, do you know why I pulled you over tonight.......? There was a report of a strong odor coming from your vehicle as well as smoke pour out your windows. I can also smell weed coming from your car........ Oh,.... Damn, is that you Mr Tagovailoa? Hey, would you mind signing something for my kid? Great, great. Well you boys have a good night and stop lighting all those candles in your car;) it really isn't safe."
Iowa just had a starter get cited for being in a bar under age after 10 PM. Last year they had one get arrested for public intox while getting into the back seat of a cop car thinking it was his Uber. It happens other places.

Go CBD, legal in all 50 states. No THC. Won’t piss off the coach!

4-10.png

I have never really understood this. That game was at noon (michigan time, right?) it was a beat down and the type of game that the players are mentally done with before the game even ends.

They probably got back to Lincoln, showered, changed, and were able to be out by 9pm to unwind and have some fun.

Nothing wrong with that. They are college kids...not football robots from the super awesome late 80's early 90's arcade game Cyberball.

Last edited:
or we could just follow the laws and rules of today until they are changed. I could deal with that.
People lost control of their colons when Bando Jr. boosted the bikes, but players smoking the chronic is no biggie. Sure, property theft is worse than possession of cheeb. But I don't see why the players can't grasp the following two concepts.
1. dabbling with pot is a ticket and a violation of team rules.
2. the LPD does not have a history of letting sh*t slide and officers smell first and ask questions later.
At least attempting to hide your violation of a team rule shows some respect for the rule (edibles, sneak-a-toke pipe use in an out of the way location). Hanging a blunt out of your car window does not (exaggerating, but probably not by much).

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca

same happened for us when we saw ziggy down at the bars after every game. win or lose he was at the rail. I told the buds the same thing about drinkin/partying after an embarrassing loss. id rather see these guys smoke a bowl and let their body's recover and get right in the head. the perception of weed will never change as long as everybody keeps believing the dog crap that comes from T.O.'s mouth. and as bad as it seems my respect level for T.O. keeps going lower and lower the more he opens his mouth about things he doesn't/won't understand .

Good to see this devolved into a "weed is no big deal" thread. As long as the LPD is hard assed wrt weed on stops, it's a big deal. Would be so easy to smell the other way, so to speak, on these traffic stops. But the cops don't, and blazing up while rolling down the street shows is just stupid.
I don't give a damn if a FB player is enjoying a little bud on his free time, just as I don't care if a player has a few beers at the bar after a game. Driving while impaired is wrong and driving while blazing up is stupid.
Pot is illegal in NE, as is minor in possession of alcohol. Lincoln cops are dicks about these things and have been since I was a student there in the 80s. Maybe some of the cops in town get a charge out of busting FB players.

They were drowning their sorrows!

ADVERTISEMENT