ADVERTISEMENT

State basketball tournament

It is, but I don't think St Francis needs to consolidate which is why they've told both Humphrey Public and LHF 'no thanks'.

Honestly it seems to be working out just fine for all parties.
I need to look when Lyndsay high closed

This Auburn vs AG game is setting basketball back about 80 years.

That 2nd quarter was 6-4, and that was with a “flurry” of offense in the last couple minutes.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
If they won't do a shot clock they need a stall warning of some sorts. I have no idea what it would look like but they need to figure out something.

If they won't do a shot clock they need a stall warning of some sorts. I have no idea what it would look like but they need to figure out something.

If the ball doesn't go in the lane for a certain amount of time after you're in the frontcourt.

Reactions: SuperBigFan
So glad Auburn lost.

I’ve never seen such a cowardly program in my life. It’s like they go into each game thinking, we aren’t good enough to beat the other team with talent so let’s stall and hope the other team starts to beat itself

Is there anything in another sport that comes close to "using the rules" to your advantage like stalling in HS basketball?

People can hate the style Weeks plays, but isn’t the goal to win championships? The guy has won something like 6 in his career, with several more runner ups. It isn’t his fault the rules are set up the way they are- he coaches within the current set up. Do I like the style? No. But the guy knows how to win in Nebraska high school basketball.

Spalding Academy is in central Nebraska, not far from the sandhills.
Yup, they're right at the gateway of the sandhills. Also Elgin & O'Niell are close.

But really there's only 4 towns or so that could support a parochial school in that area. Valentine, Alliance, Chadron & Scottsbluff and none of those schools are sports powerhouses.

Yup, they're right at the gateway of the sandhills. Also Elgin & O'Niell are close.

But really there's only 4 towns or so that could support a parochial school in that area. Valentine, Alliance, Chadron & Scottsbluff and none of those schools are sports powerhouses.
Chadron had a Catholic HS until the early 60s (or thereabouts). Not enough population to support one anymore. Alliance also had a Catholic HS into the 70s.

The relationship between certain segments of the fans from St Francis and Holy Family is pretty much 10000000% toxic.

It's both sides to blame for that to be fair. From what I remember the diocese has tried to merge those two for at least two decades and gotten nothing but "hell no".

The kids get along fine. Most of the parents get along fine and frankly they're all intermarried and have family at both schools at this point anyway. But there's some alumni on both sides who couldn't care less and will never vote yes. And thus you get lhf in sports with a public school instead... because they'd rather that than the alternative.

Reactions: HuskerO
Chadron had a Catholic HS until the early 60s (or thereabouts). Not enough population to support one anymore. Alliance also had a Catholic HS into the 70s.
Yet a town the size of Spalding population of about 500 can. Trust me, they don't recruit, all kids that go to Spalding Academy are local.

Last edited:
Yet a town the size of Spalding population of about 500 can. Trust me, they don't recruit, all kids that go to Spalding Academy are local.
Didn't Spalding public merge or co-op with Cedar Rapids and maybe another small town to form Riverside now?

Also didn't Spalding and Spalding Academy co-op in sports at one time a few years ago?

Didn't Spalding public merge or co-op with Cedar Rapids and maybe another small town to form Riverside now?

Also didn't Spalding and Spalding Academy co-op in sports at one time a few years ago?
Yes and yes. The Spalding schools combined their sports teams for at least a year or two, but then the public school district merged with Cedar Rapids to form Riverside about 8 years ago.

People can hate the style Weeks plays, but isn’t the goal to win championships? The guy has won something like 6 in his career, with several more runner ups. It isn’t his fault the rules are set up the way they are- he coaches within the current set up. Do I like the style? No. But the guy knows how to win in Nebraska high school basketball.
They were severely undermanned against AG. The fact that it came down to last second shot is an accomplishment. They actually kept Jacobsen fairly quiet.

So glad Auburn lost.

I’ve never seen such a cowardly program in my life. It’s like they go into each game thinking, we aren’t good enough to beat the other team with talent so let’s stall and hope the other team starts to beat itself
Go down and check out their trophy case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT