ADVERTISEMENT

Star Wars 9

Oh how I wish they would put a bullet in the head of this franchise...every damn one of these made after the original 3 way back in the day has sucked dead donkey sweaty balls. My son keeps dragging me to these things and all I can say is thank God movie theaters sell beer now, and the recent Star Wars movies are ones I actually look forward to having to get up to pee when I have to go see one.

Agreed. Grew up with the original trilogy, suffered through the prequels, and I'm disappointed with the latest trilogy = great CGI and scores, and a few solid casting decisions, but the latest films all suffer from poor character development (even useless characters), poor casting decisions, and weak scripts.

Rian Johnson's abomination (Last Jedi) takes the cake. That guy veered way off course from Abrams' Force Awakens. I'll wait for the last one to show up on Disney+. I enjoyed Rogue One and I'm really enjoying Mandalorian. Solo wasn't too bad.

If Lucasfilms is going to make more, Disney would be wise to beg Marvel's Kevin Feige to save this franchise.

Reactions: Bruce1981
Fun movie

Enjoyed it.

You have to see it twice to.much is happening to give an opinion

Peeople say it sucked are probably guys who like lifetime movies.

Star Wars isnt made for ground breaking acting never was.

All the special effects you see today is because of Stat Wars.

Last edited:
Agreed. Grew up with the original trilogy, suffered through the prequels, and I'm disappointed with the latest trilogy = great CGI and scores, and a few solid casting decisions, but the latest films all suffer from poor character development (even useless characters), poor casting decisions, and weak scripts.

Rian Johnson's abomination (Last Jedi) takes the cake. That guy veered way off course from Abrams' Force Awakens. I'll wait for the last one to show up on Disney+. I enjoyed Rogue One and I'm really enjoying Mandalorian. Solo wasn't too bad.

If Lucasfilms is going to make more, Disney would be wise to beg Marvel's Kevin Feige to save this franchise.

There animated shows were fantastic.

The franchise is fine.

Fun movie

Enjoyed it.

Peeople say nit sucked atre probably guys who.like lifetime movies.

apparently your hands are still trembling from it

Somebody must like these shows, I think they are closing in on $10 billion of ticket sales for the SW franchise. I guess it's the ole... good not everyone likes and hates the same thing.

Reactions: jeans15
I agree. The Prequels and Episodes 7 and 8 could have been so much better. Not terribly excited to see the new one but I will go eventually. Nothing has come close to the magic of the original trilogy.

Rogue One was pretty good and I do think the Mandalorian series is really good.
The original trilogy was a lot of fun. Evil villains, underdog heroes, state of the art special effects, etc. I thought they were all great movies when I was a kid. Tons of people railed on episode 1 like it was total trash just like now people rail on episode 8 the same way. I liked them both.

That being said, if I'm scrolling through channels and a star wars movie is on at the same time as Shawshank redemption, Slingblade, no country for old men, The Usual Suspects, etc, there's little to no chance I choose Star Wars. The marvel movies are pretty much the same thing to me. Fun movies, quite honestly probably better than the star wars series, but they aren't good movies, just fun. Then again, I dont get very excited about movies anymore and never go to the theater so what do I know. The last movie i saw that i came away from thinking was a great movie was "a star is born".

Space Balls is better

spaceballs-light-speed-ridiculous-speed-ludicrous-speed-gone-to-plaid-13964856580.gif

Fun movie

Enjoyed it.

Peeople say it sucked are probably guys who like lifetime movies.

I liked it.

Reactions: jeans15
I can’t believe Jar Jar Binks is Rey’s father

The movies since the original three are aimless retreads and full of social political messaging that I'm tired of having shoved at me. People think that George Lucas wrote nine movie scripts but he really didnt. He wrote the 4th film first using the traditional hero's cycle used even in Greek mythology. It was only after this movie that he went back and began thinking through the sequels. Empire Strikes Back was perfectly conceived and allowed for the third film ROTJ to complete the original storyline.
After that there were some backstory references in the original series but these were never fleshed out ("You fought with my father in the clone wars"). When Lucas finally decided to make the prequels he really didn't have a story or script worth filming for any of the movies and they were utter crap because of it. Then he sold off the franchise before having to try to come up with scripts for the followup movies to the original three.
The last three movies represent nothing more than an attempt to continue capitalizing on an existing idea to the point of exhaustion. The newest movies have nothing to say. Zero. More of the same old, same old. Just sell tickets and promote some social engineering while doing so.
I will say I thought Rogue One was great and will be the only movie Is watch with the original three.

George Lucas did have his own ideas for 7-9 and was not happy that Disney went a different direction. Let’s just say it’s a good thing that his vision never became realized. The original 3 scripts were cleaned up quite a bit by his ex-wife btw

Reactions: TheNewNU
Actually most of the Star Wars movies are excellent compared to all the other crap that gets put out anymore.

The prequels are so bad that I can't watch them. I still maintain that Empire Strikes back and Rogue 1 are the best of the franchise.

Reactions: coach00036
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT