ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford and the pts seem like a lock vs Herks

that's the only comment you got Hawkeye? I'd have to bet Huskers big bowl appearances is better then Iowa's. Remember we are still fairly new to the Big 10, so your right, when it comes to the ROSE BOWL, our record is....well 0, correct?

now back to the OP comment, Hawkeyes vs Stanford point spread? I'd have to assume there simular type teams, run teams with solid defenses. Talent wise I'd say it clearly goes to Stanford and I'd guess Stanford's oline should handle Iowa's dline well and my guess is Stanford's defense should hold Iowa's offense pretty well, I think Iowa will struggle to get to 20 on them.

Stanford 34
Iowa 17

now back to the OP comment, Hawkeyes vs Stanford point spread? I'd have to assume there simular type teams, run teams with solid defenses. Talent wise I'd say it clearly goes to Stanford and I'd guess Stanford's oline should handle Iowa's dline well and my guess is Stanford's defense should hold Iowa's offense pretty well, I think Iowa will struggle to get to 20 on them.

Stanford 34
Iowa 17
I will take the 17 how much?

Reactions: huskerssalts
here's a question for my fellow Husker fans, who was the better Huskers team, the 95 or the 97 team? I know most might assume the 95 team but I'm leaning 97 team was better, I think the 97s defense was better. But the offenses where close but slight edge 95.

McCaffrey will show why he should have won the Heisman.

Stanford 31
Hawks 17

big name guys on 97 defense (only) Mike Brown, Ralph Brown, Jay Foreman, Eric Johnson, Chad kelsay, Octavious McFarlin, Jason Peter, Carols Polk, Mike Rucker, Kyle Vandenberg Bosch, Eric Warfield, and Grant Wistrom. Now that's a defense.

here's a question for my fellow Husker fans, who was the better Huskers team, the 95 or the 97 team? I know most might assume the 95 team but I'm leaning 97 team was better, I think the 97s defense was better. But the offenses where close but slight edge 95.

95 was better on both sides of the ball

Coincidentally, the Massey computer, which was money all year long in the Big Ten, has the following games involving Big Ten vs. Pac 12:

Stanford winning 27-24
Wisconsin beating USC 30-28
UCLA over Nebraska, 31-30

Iowa had to great of a year for me to join in here and bash the Hawkeyes. I think they had a great year and while I don't think they will beat Stanford, their season would still be considered a success IMO.

Coincidentally, the Massey computer, which was money all year long in the Big Ten, has the following games involving Big Ten vs. Pac 12:

Stanford winning 27-24
Wisconsin beating USC 30-28
UCLA over Nebraska, 31-30
I'm leaning on the B1G going 0-3 here.

Herks don't see the Rose Bowl often but when they do .... they really stink It up
Stanford 34 Herks 10 sound about right
I highly doubt anyone from the 80's team is going to be playing in this years Rose Bowl. However with that said I don't think Stanford has played a defense as overall good as Iowa's. Iowa will be healthier than they have for a long time and Ferentz normally has the team ready in bowls (last year not so much).

I would take the points because I think Iowa shocks the world and secures win #13 for the year.

Herks don't see the Rose Bowl often but when they do .... they really stink It up
Stanford 34 Herks 10 sound about right
Wow, Trojan, you are pretty sharp. Hawks made it there before the Huskers and this is the best you got? You're about as smart as those geniuses who refer to Iowa as Io_a. They only have more wins in a season than the Huskers have had since.....but don't stop showing your intellect. We got some good teams from the 1900's to brag about. Carry on...

Reactions: hawkssox1
1 in 1958 however what does history have to do with 2015?

Come on, Ned, you saw what sox was doing, right? rmarciano's response was perfectly appropriate for what sox had asked...

If you're gonna play, at least pay attention...

Reactions: Rmarciano
I'm sorry, I overlooked where in this thread Minnesota was mentioned.
It's called "illustrating absurdity by being absurd". Point is - your remark about national championships is idiotic. In the past year, Iowa has achieved greater heights than the Huskers in football. In the last 5 years, Iowa has achieved greater heights than the Huskers in football. In the past 10 years, Iowa has achieved greater heights than the Huskers in football. In the past 15 years, Iowa has achieved greater heights than the Huskers in football. Yet you want to travel back to the 1900's to make yourself feel better? No problem. Powerhouses like Minnesota and Illinois can do the same.

I see those predictions being close but I can't see Wisconsin beating USC, just way to much talent for the Badgers.

The Trojans are one of the most undisciplined teams in college football. They will also be trotting out a make shift offensive line. I think WIsconsin wins because USC "LOSES" the game..... I realize that sounds stupid. My point is Wisconsin will just hang around and take advantage of USC mistakes.

It's called "illustrating absurdity by being absurd". Point is - your remark about national championships is idiotic. In the past year, Iowa has achieved greater heights than the Huskers in football. In the last 5 years, Iowa has achieved greater heights than the Huskers in football. In the past 10 years, Iowa has achieved greater heights than the Huskers in football. In the past 15 years, Iowa has achieved greater heights than the Huskers in football. Yet you want to travel back to the 1900's to make yourself feel better? No problem. Powerhouses like Minnesota and Illinois can do the same.
What team are you a fan of? I know it's not Nebraska after looking at several of your last posts. All you do is go after fans of the huskers.

If you were smart you would have seen that the comment about NCs followed a Hawkeye fan's question of when were we in the rose bowl last... It was a dig against Nebraska, using history to make that dig. Don't you realize the NC crack was a response to the rose bowl dig? It wasn't started by a husker fan, but it was ended that way. That is, until the anti husker with the husker screen name had to once again defend the Hawkeye fan. What gives?

What team are you a fan of? I know it's not Nebraska after looking at several of your last posts. All you do is go after fans of the huskers.

If you were smart you would have seen that the comment about NCs followed a Hawkeye fan's question of when were we in the rose bowl last... It was a dig against Nebraska, using history to make that dig. Don't you realize the NC crack was a response to the rose bowl dig? It wasn't started by a husker fan, but it was ended that way. That is, until the anti husker with the husker screen name had to once again defend the Hawkeye fan. What gives?
Yea Red quit peeing on his Cheerios.

Thanks Tim. Appreciate the support. I thought about going on a long diatribe as to the historical significance Nebraska has in college football and stating factual statistics, but honestly I don't have the time nor the energy to debate this with the poster taking jabs at my National Championships comments.

wait...what? Iowa has achieved better heights then the Huskers in the past 5 years? Or longer? Didn't Io_a's coach almost get fired last year do to pour record, season and overall production? I'm guessing it wasn't due to one pour season but multiple pour season's by Io_a. WWhile Bo was here didn't the Huskers average 9 wins per year, went to multiple conference championship games and a multiple high level bowl games...forgive me if I'm being an air head but itsnt that in itself better then what Io_a has done over the past decade?

Reactions: Rmarciano
wait...what? Iowa has achieved better heights then the Huskers in the past 5 years? Or longer? Didn't Io_a's coach almost get fired last year do to pour record, season and overall production? I'm guessing it wasn't due to one pour season but multiple pour season's by Io_a. WWhile Bo was here didn't the Huskers average 9 wins per year, went to multiple conference championship games and a multiple high level bowl games...forgive me if I'm being an air head but itsnt that in itself better then what Io_a has done over the past decade?

Iowa is in their 3rd BCS caliber game (2 Orange Bowls and the Rose this yr) and their 5th top 10 finish since Nebraska last accomplished either of those things.
That >> 9 wins on average IMO.

out of curiosity, how does the Huskers overall record look compared to Iowa's overall record look in the past 10 years?
If that's what your measuring stick is- then Neb has been better. It all depends how you want to measure it. I personally would take BCS games and top 10's over winning 9 games a year- but that's just me. That's what people remember more than 9 wins and average-slightly above average bowl game. Iowa has had their lows and bad seasons- but their highs over that period blow Nebraska's away.

So beings I'm a Nebraska fan, I should just chime in with stupid comments like calling them Io_a or beat my chest about good teams from decades ago? Sorry but Iowa achieved something this year that Nebraska hasn't in a long time. I'll give them credit instead of lame references to yester-year.

Thanks Tim. Appreciate the support. I thought about going on a long diatribe as to the historical significance Nebraska has in college football and stating factual statistics, but honestly I don't have the time nor the energy to debate this with the poster taking jabs at my National Championships comments.
And even if you get up the energy to give us a history lesson, it still doesn't change the fact that Iowa is a better team today. I wish it was the other way, but unfortunately it will likely be years before we can have a conference sweep.

So beings I'm a Nebraska fan, I should just chime in with stupid comments like calling them Io_a or beat my chest about good teams from decades ago? Sorry but Iowa achieved something this year that Nebraska hasn't in a long time. I'll give them credit instead of lame references to yester-year.
Can you comprehend what a response is? When asked in a digging fashion, "when was the last time you went to the rose bowl," a natural response is to say, "when was the last time you won a national championship?" That's kinda how the game is played...

It's ok that you don't know how to play the game, but don't try to fake it. You look bad when you do.

Reactions: c2o and Rmarciano
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT