ADVERTISEMENT

Spring game thread

we just watched a year 4 & 5 quarterback win back to back national titles

but, please, continue to wow us with your insight
Oh ...right ...next year HH will be ready to take us to the promised land...mark this post and let's see if and where HH is playing QB next year. BTW, did you watch the other day? 0-6 and minus one yard passing.

Oh ...right ...next year HH will be ready to take us to the promised land...mark this post and let's see if and where HH is playing QB next year. BTW, did you watch the other day? 0-6 and minus one yard passing.
I don’t get the HH hate here…it’s almost like certain folks don’t want him to do well so they can say “told you so”…why not just recognize he had an off day on Saturday but has still managed to work himself into a good position this spring and God willing, will continue to improve under Rhule and Satterfield’s tutelage? Maybe I’m just a sunshine pumper but sheesh

• Love
Reactions: king_kong_
I watched. multiple times.

those stats are inaccurate.

he completed passes to Betts & R Johnson along with the 2-pt conversion to Kemp.

My problem with HH is that many NFL QB gurus say that you can’t teach accuracy. I’ve heard multiple guys say you can coach mechanics but it all goes out the window and they revert to their natural mechanics when the bullets are flying.

HH is actually a better fit for what Tim Beck ran
this is fair.

we haven't seen him attempt many passes, and half of them when he was a frosh were in a gale.

I'll post his throws in another thread and we can all see the same stuff - a couple low, a couple strikes & a deep ball

I don’t get the HH hate here…it’s almost like certain folks don’t want him to do well so they can say “told you so”…why not just recognize he had an off day on Saturday but has still managed to work himself into a good position this spring and God willing, will continue to improve under Rhule and Satterfield’s tutelage? Maybe I’m just a sunshine pumper but sheesh
It is not hate. I saw a guy who has a slow release, a wind up motion, who held the ball too long, and did not throw accurate. I think he can be useful as a wildcat but if you think we are going to win the big ten with HH at the helm then you are safely mistaken.

I will post them, no problem.

for Torres, I was simply replying to your post about no fumbled snaps/decisiveness and expanded to every play in an attempt not to pass judgement. there were a couple good ones. some really really bad ones.

quote an excuse in the meantime. thanks.

speaking of the eye test, did you think the game was scripted?
Top Gun is losing his mind right now
^^Call of the day^^
Haarberg & Sims look great with the 1s!

Purdy/torres clear 3/4 running exclusively with the 2s
Yikes. HH and Sims in the same sentence.
Haarberg can sling it
For -1 yards…total.
Top 2 QBs lead the team on touchdown drives

Defense def ahead of offense so far

Sims looked good
Defense forced a very short field but we’ll let you milk your technicality “HH led a TD drive” (knob, meet slob)
Very impressive interception to end it. Nearly as encouraging as his fumbled snap turnover.

Check downs & little runs with time expiring in the half. Led offense to zero points despite playing most snaps

Haarberg clear #2 until CT is back
Whataboutism. Purdy was better with less tools by playing smarter.
Haarberg - zero turnovers but 0-6 passing. One really egregiously bad drop on a dart, one batted down at the line. Led a touchdown drive.

Looked like he belonged physically

Purdy looked the same as he ever has. No juice whatsoever, 2 turnovers, zero points
someone else’s fault (excuse), yet failed to mention Purdy’s target’s egregious drop. (Agenda)
has all the tools

more than smothers/purdy can say

Torres remains intriguing

all need seasoning
Agree on Torres. HH missing his accuracy tool.
Threw the game’s lone 1st half deep ball & betts stopped running

Threw an absolute bullet on an RPO that was dropped

It’s okay if you don’t see it. You have plenty of company
You are the smartest guy in the room. I’ve heard zero journalists not speak negatively about HH throwing the ball when discussing the game.
HH absolutely held the ball too long today

But he did so while looking downfield
Lol

No hard feelings.

^^Call of the day^^

Yikes. HH and Sims in the same sentence.

For -1 yards…total.

Defense forced a very short field but we’ll let you milk your technicality “HH led a TD drive” (knob, meet slob)

Whataboutism. Purdy was better with less tools by playing smarter.

someone else’s fault (excuse), yet failed to mention Purdy’s target’s egregious drop. (Agenda)

Agree on Torres. HH missing his accuracy tool.

You are the smartest guy in the room. I’ve heard zero journalists not speak negatively about HH throwing the ball when discussing the game.

Lol

No hard feelings.
was the spring game scripted or not?

seems I struck a nerve here 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

was the spring game scripted or not?

seems I struck a nerve here 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Lol it all looked on the up and up to me. You asked me to quote your excuses, so I did. Not sure what indicated a struck nerve..? What’s a timeline look like for you to post all HH’s plays and explain why none of them were his fault? I’m ready to enter the spin zone!

Lol it all looked on the up and up to me. You asked me to quote your excuses, so I did. Not sure what indicated a struck nerve..? What’s a timeline look like for you to post all HH’s plays and explain why none of them were his fault? I’m ready to enter the spin zone!
could've rewatched the game in the time it took to post that

I'm flattered!

you also could've found my post about Gilbert's drop(s)

pretty flimsy on the excuse front. what I stated were plain as day facts.

I guess what do I expect from a guy who thinks NFL games are scripted & parallels can be drawn thusly - the Denver Nuggets lost to a Philly team, so of course the SF 49ers will, too. their mascots both reference gold!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT