ADVERTISEMENT

Spring football

Kind of surprised so many people waste time replying to his monkey poop when the “ignoring content by this member” button is so handy.
I guess some people are more butt hurt over what he says than others 🤷🏻‍♂️

Generally I save the ignore button for the maskers.

Reactions: Jaemekon
Seems Haarberg's release point is better
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

He's not conventional but he has some decent strengths. He'd be a great Tebow type backup. Sometimes he throws a killer ball.
I'm glad we appear not to be using a scholarship to bring in somebody else's Haarberg just as that "insurance" backup because, you know he's from some other school so he's got to be better than our guy!

They always revert back to themselves when the action starts.
True. Unless you change through continual repetition, it certainly will unless you're thinking about it. And that's the last thing that needs to happen during s play. You can't think. You react. If you need to think it needs to be progressions and defenses. Which those really should be reaction too.

We can hope his decision making, ball security and accuracy get better but I can’t remember a single QB who worked on his mechanics in the off season make a noticeable change.
HH would make a role for himself being a short yardage qb power runner with an occasional play action. We found out last year he's not reliable as a passing qb.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
That would fall on Frost ,Mario . Mickey and Whipple. Rhule and Satt now Thomas are trying to fix it . The problem is when he gets into game action muscle memory kicks in and he goes back to side arm.
Rhule and Satt were quoted last year saying they didn’t want him to change anything. Likely because they didn’t know how or didn’t have time to dedicate to it.

Frost and Mickey didn’t even let the kid attend meetings much less coach him.

Its nice to finally have a QB coach like every other program in the country.

Yea you’re right

A project from a C1 school should’ve done it all himself

Why even have coaches?
Didn’t Scott Frost play QB and Stanford before they put him at DB with Bill Walsh?
Came back to Lincoln and played QB for TO and Turner Gill couldn’t help, that throwing motion of his that was butt ugly..

Rhule and Satt were quoted last year saying they didn’t want him to change anything. Likely because they didn’t know how or didn’t have time to dedicate to it.

As I recall the plan was for Satt to coach TEs and Jake Peetz from the Rams come in as QB coach. Peetz left Rhule standing at the alter because at the last minute his old lady didn't like cold weather so Satt took QBs and Wager was hired for TEs. Obviously neither was optimal. So IMHO it is difficult to bag on Rhule too much for the way things worked out with his first staff here.

Well, yea, why not? He’s the incumbent starter and appears to be taking the first turn.

His job to lose (assuming an actual competition) and no doubt he’s been working his ass off all offseason.

Nice to have some competitors in that room for the first time in forever.

All you losers will absolutely hate it if he lights up the spring game. Greatest “fans” in all of college football 😂🤣

May the best man win!
Not sure why anybody would expect that HH wouldn't be taking the 1st team reps.

They didn't move him to a different position. He has the most (and only) experience. He was 5-3 as the starter and only lost his starting spot because he got hurt. He's earned the 1st spot.

He did some really nice things last year. He also did some not great things. It is entirely possible that having a position coach and another year of experience could go a long ways to making him the qb that we all want him to be. Changing his release point would be a big step in the right direction..

I'm big HH fan. Love his toughness, I think he is a really good athlete and a terrific football player. I've been pretty vocal about him being a TE, but I also think Rhule knows what he is doing. As such, I agree with your last sentence, 100%.

Let the best man win.

Making the playoff would also be great

As I recall the plan was for Satt to coach TEs and Jake Peetz from the Rams come in as QB coach. Peetz left Rhule standing at the alter because at the last minute his old lady didn't like cold weather so Satt took QBs and Wager was hired for TEs. Obviously neither was optimal. So IMHO it is difficult to bag on Rhule too much for the way things worked out with his first staff here.
Not having a backup plan then was a bit of foreshadowing for what was to come during the season

It was an odd choice, and you’re right- suboptimal

Reactions: Husker.Wed.

They didn't move him to a different position. He has the most (and only) experience. He was 5-3 as the starter and only lost his starting spot because he got hurt. He's earned the 1st spot.

He did some really nice things last year. He also did some not great things. It is entirely possible that having a position coach and another year of experience could go a long ways to making him the qb that we all want him to be. Changing his release point would be a big step in the right direction..

I'm big HH fan. Love his toughness, I think he is a really good athlete and a terrific football player. I've been pretty vocal about him being a TE, but I also think Rhule knows what he is doing. As such, I agree with your last sentence, 100%.

Let the best man win.

Be careful

Some may consider this post - which is nothing but clear and obvious objective fact - part of a “narrative”

Let the best man win.

Can't wait for this to change to: we always knew Dylan was going to get the reps with the 1st team... Etc.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Hopefully he’s had enough reps in the offseason the develop new habits and create new muscle memory.
Absolutely.HH is a great kid busted his ass for the team. Hopefully he can find a role and be a valuable member of the team. It’s not his fault he had total dipshits his first couple years coaching or attempting to coach him.

You never change a QBs throwing mechanics mid season, never. But if you’re trying to make a bad situation even worse, then by all means, go for it.

Where is this 2 or 3 year stuff coming from? Rhule was hired the end of November 2022. It's the end of March 2024. He's been here 1 year 4 months. He was expected to evaluate and change the 4 string qb's throwing motion in his first spring as coach?

Where is this 2 or 3 year stuff coming from? Rhule was hired the end of November 2022. It's the end of March 2024. He's been here 1 year 4 months. He was expected to evaluate and change the 4 string qb's throwing motion in his first spring as coach?
The reference is not Rhule it’s Frost who didn’t allow HH to get any reps in practice and barely let him in the QB room even though he was on the depth chart.

Reactions: king_kong_
Rhule was very complimentary towards Emmett Johnson's athleticism. Called him an elite athlete. Might we be too worried about the RB room?

Be careful

Some may consider this post - which is nothing but clear and obvious objective fact - part of a “narrative”
What @JOHNNY N said is what you’ve been saying all along, but the primary difference is he was objective without the calling out of other coaches/players that you excel at. He didn’t denigrate Sims or Purdy in the process of being objective.

I appreciate your posts, overall, but I would appreciate them more without the commentary on the other coaches/players.

I know that you are gonna be you, and that’s fine. Just saying, Johnny won’t get called out the way you do because of this difference, in my opinion.

Don’t change for me, Kong, I’m not your wife. :)

Keep bringing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT