ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Rattler...

Not a Rattler fan and don't think him ending up here is really that likely, but he's arguably the most talented qb in the portal, it would be for one year so I don't see how it would be a negative. If he sucks and his attitude blows, he's gone, if he plays to his potential Nebraska competes for the West and has the best qb in the division and he goes and gets drafted.

I'm with it for the sheer aspect that other players will see this and think, "wow I can transfer there today and play right away"

• Love
Reactions: BleedRed78
Sounds like Myles Brennan is our #1 target, the entire coaching staff went to see him today. Rattler isn't going to come here if Brennan does.

Can’t say I’m real familiar with either Brennan or Max Johnson. I know Brennan had injuries, but stats seem to show Johnson has proven more?

Rattler would be a great talent to acquire, and I’m not completely opposed. But I also prefer guys who can keep locker room together- so he seems mildly risky.

Reactions: BleedRed78
We 100% cannot operate like we are scared to bring in qbs. With a portal QB on the roster this year who knows how season could of went. With real competition AM would of played better OR he would of got beat out. Also when injured we would of had a qualified person waiting. We should have 4 qbs on the roster. Utah brought in two portal qbs THis year! And the guy that won the job was portal qb from the previous year! This is college football these days!

He is a douche, but Rattler would immediately impact this program in so many ways. Great receivers for him to throw to from day 1. New OC. I’m on board.

He is an A$$... Hope he stays away

coll-football-fiesta-bowl-closeup-of-nebraska-qb-tommie-frazier-on-picture-id81452156

Are you ready to relinquish all that this man did just because he had a little bit of swagger?

so far we don't have better

the 2 lsu qb's, or the younger one with the ufc qb, would work too

if we are going frost ride or die pass happy, we need a qb that can throw, and have the mental capacity to shake off a dl a time or two and remain focused...seriously, this time...

Last edited:
I see it as fantastic entertainment either way if we snag Rattler. Either….
A) rattler and Whipple light it up and win us the West

-OR-

B) we explode in a smoldering ball of drama with Rattler as the craziest cast member of The Real Housewives of Lincoln, and the whole Frost experiment ending in unmitigated chaos befitting this never ending Shakespeare tragi-comedy… every one drinks poison and falls in love with their mother

I don’t care either way regarding Rattler, but the comparisons to Frazier are ridiculous. Frazier was an ass but didnt beat his teamates down, he got after them to build them up. He let people know he was the best after or as he was doing it. He would let you know, but wasnt a complete doosh about it. It wasnt about you as much as it was about him. It wasnt so much about telling you that you suck as much as it was about expecting better.
That video of rattler was when he was in high school. So, we have to consider that he’s likely matured a bit. But that was straight doosh, with no regards for team and no real objective of winning or getting the most out of others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT