ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Long tweet

Ahhh, you just might want to look up you're own history.

Besides Fry,Caption Kirk and Forrest Evashevski no Hawkeye football coach lasted longer then 5 years.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Fstice and Bugeater
Both of my degrees are from NWU and my masters is from doane. You sure you want to go with that moron narrative? What's that say about your edu?
Easy to blather about your credentials on a message board, but the facts still speak for themselves, and they say you are a moron.

However, the way you put some of your sentences and comments together, it points to a person who clearly spent more time at those institutions of higher learning in a janitorial capacity than in the classroom.

"If you take away 3 guys that were each with the program roughly 20 years each (yes evy became an ad) no one last more than 5" don't mind the fact we have had 2 coaches the last 40 years combined.

If my aunt had external genitalia she would have been my uncle.

Easy to blather about your credentials on a message board, but the facts still speak for themselves, and they say you are a moron.

However, the way you put some of your sentences and comments together, it points to a person who clearly spent more time at those institutions of higher learning in a janitorial capacity than in the classroom.

O man, you got me good... I should be writing in APA format on a message board.

Names Travis B. (I don't know how your mods are about full name) You will find me on Wesleyan's 08-09 graduating list and Doane's 13-14 M.A.C. graduation list. "Keep swinging charlie, maybe you will give them a cold."- G. Bombay

Ughhh. Yeah.... that dum dum had to come to our state to get a master's because schools where he is from are hard...... that really what you want to go with? I'm not going to go into the long story of how I ended up at NWU.

Ughhh. Yeah.... that dum dum had to come to our state to get a master's because schools where he is from are hard...... that really what you want to go with? I'm not going to go into the long story of how I ended up at NWU.
Thankfully you didn’t, it would have been on a par with all the other drivel you spew here, cognitive dissonance void of substance.

Well, another interesting thread of name calling and lack of substance.

Iowa is improving and represents the B1G well. Kirk has done a very good job and the program is becoming more consistent with better recruiting. The proof is in their consistent record.

Nebraska likes to live in the past of Heisman and NC winners. Too many like to throw that up like it makes some difference today. It's like the employee who tells everyone at work they we're the valedictorian of their class, who cares what happened 20 years ago?

I agree that Iowa is getting better. They recruit better and coach better. How many recruiting battles have we lost to Iowa? What does that say?

Iowa has literally owned Nebraska of late. Until that changes on the field, they have bragging rights. That's the way it works. You win, you earn that right, we have not won, get over it.

Last edited:
Let it be known I have a P. H.DWinking

Iowa is improving and represents the B1G well. Kirk has done a very good job and the program is becoming more consistent with better rexruiting. The proof is in their consistent record.

Nebraska likes to live in the past of Heisman and NC winners. Too many like throw that up like it makes some difference today. It's like the emolueee who tells everyone at work they we're the valedictorian of their class, who cares what happened 20 years ago?

I agree that Iowa is getting better. They recruit better and coach better. How many recruiting battles have we lost to Iowa? What does that say?

Iowa has literally owned Nebraska of late. Until that changes in the field, they have bragging rights. That the way it works. You win, you earn that right, we have not won, get over it.

It doesn't matter. They still suck.

Yawn. You continue to down play an education received from the 2nd and 3rd best institutions in your state. Think you make a bowl game this year?
I’m not downplaying the schools, they’re both fine institutions of higher learning, don’t know where you get that from. I’m downplaying you, as you clearly show getting an education doesn’t equate into making a person much smarter or wiser. And to answer your question, yes, Nebraska will make it to a bowl game after the regular season is done.

Reactions: SOHusker11

Iowa is improving and represents the B1G well. Kirk has done a very good job and the program is becoming more consistent with better rexruiting. The proof is in their consistent record.

Nebraska likes to live in the past of Heisman and NC winners. Too many like throw that up like it makes some difference today. It's like the emolueee who tells everyone at work they we're the valedictorian of their class, who cares what happened 20 years ago?

Iowa has literally owned Nebraska of late. Until that changes in the field, they have bragging rights. That the way it works. You win, you earn that right, we have not won, get over it.
Maybe you should be an Iowa fan until such changes happen. ;)

Reactions: SOHusker11
I would agree you kind of get what you get out of KF. That being said he is starting to move more and more towards figure head status. We completely revamped the offensive staff 2 years ago and the defense has been P. Parkers baby for awhile.
Fair point. I always felt Iowa would be a consistent contender for conference championships if they were able to increase the talent another level. Will be fun to watch the next few years.

Well there is a very high likelyhood scooter nor KF will be there in 10 years so we are betting on unknowns. This would also require me to offer my word as a man on something I would have to remember for a decade and I'm not super pumped about that..... what did you have in mind/ do you live in Omaha or Lincoln? (I'm not making a bet with someone that lives lex/doniphan/scottsbluff because there is 0% chance we will connect.)
Nice avoidance guy

Well I care what happen 20 years ago, I also care what happen 30 and 40 and 50 years ago too.

We have a proud history....It's called a winning tradition..

We'll I care what happen 20 years ago, I also care what happen 30 and 40 and 50 years ago too.

We have a proud history....It's called a winning tradition..
Scott Frost was part of that history, and he embraces it. You need to look back on what made you great to get back to being great again. You might take a different road to get there, but get there nonetheless.

Thankfully, Nebraska now has an athletic director that doesn’t have s**t for brains & made the correct hire in Scott Frost. There is a lot of optimism for the future. Only time will tell. But, things are looking a hell of a lot brighter now. To kind of stay on topic, thanks to Spencer for the tweet. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bugeater
This last 20 years has been a very low point for this program. I hope we learn from our mistakes and never let this crap happen again. Everything just seems right now. Hope that is the case.
I do want to say, other than Callahan and Riley’s poor seasons, it hasn’t been that bad, relatively speaking. But a program like Nebraska doesn’t really jive with not being in the national discussion.

Especially so considering the physical, mental, and monetary resources Nebraska allocates to the football program. I still say Frost hit the nail on the head when he said, “This program needs that again; this STATE needs that again.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT