ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Long tweet

"Turn back time if I were a current or future D1 football recruit I’d kill to be a part of this program right now."

1) I have to learn to post tweets.

2) No doubt there a couple of hundred former Huskers who feel the same way.

This is an exciting time to be a husker fan. Can't wait for the season to start!

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Feel bad for the life long wanna be husker kids who had to waste their years here the last 3 years. Hell could say even the last 15 years were wasted. It is a good time to be a Cornhusker.

Feel bad for the life long wanna be husker kids who had to waste their years here the last 3 years. Hell could say even the last 15 years were wasted. It is a good time to be a Cornhusker.
Or the ones that would have loved to be a Husker and either recognized the dumpster fire that it was and went elsewhere or were passed over.

This last 20 years has been a very low point for this program. I hope we learn from our mistakes and never let this crap happen again. Everything just seems right now. Hope that is the case.
I think we finally did learn. Now we just need to harvest the Frost tree once he retires.

I think we finally did learn. Now we just need to harvest the Frost tree once he retires.

Hopefully he does well enough to retire here. I don't want to put the cart before the horse but so far things seem to be trending in a positive direction, hopefully that translates to results on the field and even better recruiting results.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
This last 20 years has been a very low point for this program. I hope we learn from our mistakes and never let this crap happen again. Everything just seems right now. Hope that is the case.
I think he was a "perfect storm" with horrible coaches, personnel, and higher ups. Hopefully everything is in place now to fix this train wreck, and get our program back where in should be. I really believe we will be back.

It was certainly substandard coaching but it's hard to give the players a pass. It was particularly hard to see our gassed offensive lines in recent years being pancakees. Was it quitting, poor technique or not being in shape? I suspect some of each in large doses.

If the problems the last 20 years were mainly because of hiring somebody's buddy (Solich, Pelini) with no head coaching experience, or attempting to hire your buddy (Wannstedt), then scrambling; or hiring your buddy's recommendation (Riley) - that is hopefully now fixed by hiring an up-and-coming, proven coach after due diligence. The fact he is from here is nice, but the most important thing to me is he has shown he is a proven winner.

It really is too bad for the past kids but the ones getting on board now are going to have a great ride. Going to just get stronger and stronger. Iowa's free ride is over . Kirk better go to plan two because plan one was last seen circling the drain. GBR

It was certainly substandard coaching but it's hard to give the players a pass. It was particularly hard to see our gassed offensive lines in recent years being pancakees. Was it quitting, poor technique or not being in shape? I suspect some of each in large doses.

280 pound freshman starters was part of the problem.

It really is too bad for the past kids but the ones getting on board now are going to have a great ride. Going to just get stronger and stronger. Iowa's free ride is over . Kirk better go to plan two because plan one was last seen circling the drain. GBR

What evidence can you provide other than just pure hope and speculation? You guys have a long way to go to even make the games competitive, we too have upgraded the talent over the last couple years.

What evidence can you provide other than just pure hope and speculation? You guys have a long way to go to even make the games competitive, we too have upgraded the talent over the last couple years.
Trying to be honest - Kirk is what Kirk is. Every few years he puts together a respectable team, in between very average ones. Pelini seemed to match Kirk. Most independent thinkers believe Frost is more than a step above Pelini. Nebraska won’t win all head to head games against Iowa, but I believe it will be more than 50%.

Trying to be honest - Kirk is what Kirk is. Every few years he puts together a respectable team, in between very average ones. Pelini seemed to match Kirk. Most independent thinkers believe Frost is more than a step above Pelini. Nebraska won’t win all head to head games against Iowa, but I believe it will be more than 50%.

I would agree you kind of get what you get out of KF. That being said he is starting to move more and more towards figure head status. We completely revamped the offensive staff 2 years ago and the defense has been P. Parkers baby for awhile.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
This gonna be the YEAR you guys actually make Ohio state punt? I think we are up too 2.5 years if my math is correct?

(You won't be legally able to do what Bama did to rebuild in the b10)

The games haven't been competive the last two years because we were the Beavers dressed in scarlet and cream.

No question we have a long way to go but it's only March.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Well there is a very high likelyhood scooter nor KF will be there in 10 years so we are betting on unknowns. This would also require me to offer my word as a man on something I would have to remember for a decade and I'm not super pumped about that..... what did you have in mind/ do you live in Omaha or Lincoln? (I'm not making a bet with someone that lives lex/doniphan/scottsbluff because there is 0% chance we will connect.)

I'm trying to remember what Nebraska stopping anyone on defense looks like.....
The resident Iowa moron strikes again. Always drunk, always trolling. Found your picture on the iowa site, you look better than I thought:

14-sloth-GOONIES.jpg

Reactions: SOHusker11
Well there is a very high likelyhood scooter nor KF will be there in 10 years so we are betting on unknowns. This would also require me to offer my word as a man on something I would have to remember for a decade and I'm not super pumped about that..... what did you have in mind/ do you live in Omaha or Lincoln? (I'm not making a bet with someone that lives lex/doniphan/scottsbluff because there is 0% chance we will connect.)

We know Caption Kirk won't be.....

SF is another matter.

Moron isn't name calling when the facts prove you are one. Go back to your shit board and hang with your never will see a national title in your lifetime buddies.

Both of my degrees are from NWU and my masters is from doane. You sure you want to go with that moron narrative? What's that say about your edu?

Riley 2

15 years divided by 3 coaches= 5 years each... my apologies.

Edit: you love canning people after 5 years*.

Riley was at Nebraska for 3 years, not 2..

Would you be happy as a Nebraska fan (or Iowa fan) if Riley was the coach? He is not fit for Nebraska or Iowa so I'm guessing not.

Some football programs never settle..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT