ADVERTISEMENT

Some good break down of Huskers from Eleven Warriors (OSU)

Worth a read and watch the clips......

Good read. It gives me some hope that our DC was able to scheme up some things to give an outstanding team some fits at least for the first half. I thought we played fairly well on D until we started getting phantom penalties and our offense turned the ball over.

I want to be optimistic but Ohio St lost a lot from their defense last year. Best DE in the nation and two 1st round CBs, along with some other draft picks. They also lost Dobbins who ran for over 2,000 yards last year. I think we had some success early because of those factors as well

I want to be optimistic but Ohio St lost a lot from their defense last year. Best DE in the nation and two 1st round CBs, along with some other draft picks. They also lost Dobbins who ran for over 2,000 yards last year. I think we had some success early because of those factors as well
Their athletic talent at WR and DB was OBVIOUS. They've been pulling in 4 and 5 star kids year after year at skill positions. Their QB is a scary run threat and their WRs have tremendous speed. Their DBs were ALL top rated high school recruits. They're loaded again. Those kids all played last year some. I think it was Klatt who said that he expected all 4 DBs and the starting WRs to be drafted when they were done at OSU.

If you read the article it is all about their offense, not their defense. Their offense was absolutely the strength of their team, and our brand new defensive line, along with our linebackers, held their run game in check for most of the first half.

It doesn’t address any of their losses on defense. Just read the article and you will see.

Reactions: dinglefritz

They have the same issue we used to. I can remember in 1995 they said our OL was going to take a huge step back from the title team. Too many new faces... etc. That line didn't give up a sack.. When you have the level of talent they do, they just step up when it is their turn. All of those dudes are highly touted and Shaun Wade is a big time stud.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT