ADVERTISEMENT

Solid D

Chuck003

Junior
Nov 6, 2016
Dylan good to go. The receivers are not great and have some issues as does the OL. Foley should be on check if not terminated after this year. Other than that, looking decent so far. However, don't get homered into some bullshit. Illinois is going to be close....Happy to be 3-0 though. But put the brakes on. The young players are more impressive than the transfers. That is all.

Last edited:
Dylan good to go. The receivers are not great and have some issues as does the OL. Foley should be on check if not terminated after this year. Other than that, looking decent so far. However, don't get homered into some bullshit. Illinois is going to be close....Happy to be 3-0 though. But put the brakes on. The young players are more impressive than the tranfers. That is all.
my gut says Nebraska over Illinois by 13.

Friday night away games are hornets nests. We will beat the **** out of them. Message sent

• Haha
Reactions: TRHawkeye145
@Chuck003 Some of the same people who were ripping on you for being realistic are now more pessimistic than you are now. The last 20 years of Nebraska football have not been good on the mental health of Husker Nation.

Kudos on your prediction for this game. You were absolutely correct while so many fans were thinking we were on the way to the playoffs.

Curious, what are your thoughts on the remainder of the season?

Some of the same people who were ripping on you for being realistic are now more pessimistic than you are now. The last 20 years of Nebraska football have not been good on the mental health of Husker Nation.

Kudos on your prediction for this game. You were absolutely correct while so many fans were thinking we were on the way to the playoffs.

Curios, what are your thoughts on the remainder of the season?
A bowl game. 7-5 record. Not exactly the 10-2 people were talking about after beating a shitty Colorado team. When we somewhat struggled with Northern Iowa a bit and the local media said they were a damn good ballclub to justify it (They put up 17 points against Saint Thomas), I knew this team had some issues. I have never been convinced that Rhule is a good coach. Just when he starts to prove me wrong, the real Matt appears.

Our running game has sucked again this year. All you have to do is look at the team stats and you can see we failed miserably in that category against Illinois.

Dowdell is indeed an improvement over the rest of the RB room, but he is hardly the kind of difference maker that we have had in the past.

I don't see a difference maker on the horizon for next year at RB either.

Kicker is another problem area.. well it's been a problem for quite some time, and coach has failed to address it. It will cost us multiple games this year.

A lot of times on D, it looked like certain players were expecting Safety help over the top, that wasn't there. I wondered if we would see any kind of defensive adjustment to stop their run game, but we didn't do that. I felt we should have committed to taking away their run game, but coach let them gash us over and over. It was very similar to a later years Pelini style of defense, trying to do all things at the same time and failing.

Had we made them 1 dimensional, we would have stood a better chance of getting stops.

So tired of getting out coached. And we were again last night. Rhule’s decision to try a 39 yard field goal with a sketchy back up kicker was horrible. I mean, geez, you mean to tell me that we were more likely to make that field goal rather than get 3 yards on 4th down? Stupid, stupid decision.
No question that White was out coached last night never really had a angering in stoping them..Now it will say if Dylan hits the TE on 3rd down game over..

Some in the stands last night felt we were in 4 down territory and should have went for it..
I’m surprised they didn’t try to get in position to get a FG near the end of regulation..

The defense really took a step back and this was not the kind of performance I thought I would see out of them last night..

Reactions: cornwoman
Very frustrating that our D got exposed by Illinois. I mean, it's Illi-freckin-nois. Yeah, their offense is obviously improved and yeah, their QB played a really good game. But, damn, Illinois? They're not exactly known as some offensive juggernaut. Was thinking that would happen against Ohio St and USC. But not Illinois.

A bowl game. 7-5 record. Not exactly the 10-2 people were talking about after beating a shitty Colorado team. When we somewhat struggled with Northern Iowa a bit and the local media said they were a damn good ballclub to justify it (They put up 17 points against Saint Thomas), I knew this team had some issues. I have never been convinced that Rhule is a good coach. Just when he starts to prove me wrong, the real Matt appears.
When CU beat us like a drum last year, that result convinced many fans - and polls - that the earlier TCU win wasn’t a fluke. CU was really good! Of course, it soon turned out CU was really bad. In effect, an even worse team, NU, was largely responsible for a really bad CU team being briefly ranked.

It turns out this year’s CU game led to a similar overreaction, albeit the exact opposite overreaction. Wow, NU killed this year’s much improved CU team, so NU is obviously really good!! Not so fast.

UNI coach’s post-game comments that their game with us was winnable by them was laughed at by many fans, but I bet Ruhle came out of that UNI game knowing we were in trouble. The great defense that was going to carry us while Raiola grew up was a myth.

Given the remaining schedule, I think your 7-5 is the best we can expect.

Last edited:
Our running game has sucked again this year. All you have to do is look at the team stats and you can see we failed miserably in that category against Illinois.

Dowdell is indeed an improvement over the rest of the RB room, but he is hardly the kind of difference maker that we have had in the past.

I don't see a difference maker on the horizon for next year at RB either.

Kicker is another problem area.. well it's been a problem for quite some time, and coach has failed to address it. It will cost us multiple games this year.

A lot of times on D, it looked like certain players were expecting Safety help over the top, that wasn't there. I wondered if we would see any kind of defensive adjustment to stop their run game, but we didn't do that. I felt we should have committed to taking away their run game, but coach let them gash us over and over. It was very similar to a later years Pelini style of defense, trying to do all things at the same time and failing.

Had we made them 1 dimensional, we would have stood a better chance of getting stops.
There are many areas to point the finger at but Dowdell isn’t one of them. If there is an opening he is able to find it. He has power and just enough speed. Good vision

So tired of getting out coached. And we were again last night. Rhule’s decision to try a 39 yard field goal with a sketchy back up kicker was horrible. I mean, geez, you mean to tell me that we were more likely to make that field goal rather than get 3 yards on 4th down? Stupid, stupid decision.
I hated that 3rd down call. That 4th down kick should never have happened. Bring in Haarberg and run it. Make them stop the run on two consecutive clock eating plays.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT