ADVERTISEMENT

So...

Who still wants to b***h about how bad our defense is?
It’s been getting better but come on, MSU hasn’t scored a TD in two weeks. They dropped how many passes that should have been caught? You guys want to claim the weather hurt your offense but not claim that the weather really hurt an already horrible offense for MSU.

I’m glad both fan bases are on highs going into this week as it should make for some fun back and forth.

We played one of the two worst offenses we are going to see this year and you think that the questions about the defense have been answered? Please it was a good performance by the defense but nothing to get excited about yet. If the trend that appeared to possibly have started today continues then maybe we can say that this is when this defense began to mature and come into their own.

Based on what you are saying one performance means minds should be changed then I guess it is now okay to start questioning the offense? Cause they were not impressive today at all.

This was a team victory with both sides of the ball playing just well enough to get the W. Clap your hands for that but one cannot assume that suddenly the defense has found themselves.. SHEESH!

We played in the same weather, no ands, buts or what ifs are necessary.

Nebraska was the better team.
I can agree to that. MSU’s offense was the worst unit on the field. Nebraska also had the better FG kicker today as well.

Who said the defense has been solved? Who said the weather only affected one team?

Both teams took the field and dealt with the weather and the opponent. Nebraska came out theee Points better. Play again who knows, nobody looked good on offense and the defenses looked better most of the day.

Win and move on. Looking forward to Iowa game especially if the weather is not a factor in the game for both teams. If the weather isn’t good then so be it, see who is playing better they day.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Who still wants to b***h about how bad our defense is?

Or....you could look at the data and realize we were playing against the 117th ranked scoring offense in the nation playing in a driving snow. Happy about the win, but I feel exactly the same about our defense and DC as I did before it.

Keep in mind that our 13th ranked offense scored 9 points too, so the weather wasn't real conducive to scoring points in general today.

Or....you could look at the data and realize we were playing against the 117th ranked scoring offense in the nation playing in a driving snow. Happy about the win, but I feel exactly the same about our defense and DC as I did before it.

Keep in mind that our 13th ranked offense scored 9 points too, so the weather wasn't real conducive to scoring points in general today.

Well, I sure don't. That whole game could have easily been lost with just one defensive letdown. Just six points allowed.....and they didn't wimp out in the 4th qrt. Unless you're blind, you could see their attitude was never say die.

It was a classic Big10 smash-mouth game under bad weather and our defense held their own big-time. They certainly impressed me.

Reactions: arf_man
I never said every defensive problem was solved. I never said we played a high powered offense and shut them down. But I do think anyone who’s still complaining about our defense is just wanting something to complain about. The whole game was on the defenses shoulders today and they stepped up. Yes, mich st dropped some balls. They also gashed is a couple times. We could’ve folded after numerous mistakes by our offense but we didn’t. They kept fighting and stood up and made plays and made stops when they had to. We’ll see what happens against Iowa because their offense is obviously better than Michigan States..but confidence is a hell of a boost and we finally have some of it.

Well, I sure don't. That whole game could have easily been lost with just one defensive letdown. Just six points allowed.....and they didn't wimp out in the 4th qrt. Unless you're blind, you could see their attitude was never say die.

It was a classic Big10 smash-mouth game under bad weather and our defense held their own big-time. They certainly impressed me.
The key was making them kick field goals instead of score TDs, but I WILL note that an MSU receiver dropped an easy easy TD in the end zone......We got the win. The D stopped their run most of the game fairly well and FORCED them to pass 41 times. We had a bad bad coverage bust by #43 that put MSU in position to maybe be able to either tie or win the game late, but we held them. MSU had an obscene number of dropped passes but we had a few too. Beat the zebras in this win too. HORRIBLE officiating and yes IMO we got the worst end of it.

Reactions: hskr_bdgr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT