ADVERTISEMENT

So want Iowa to lose

Clark is impressive, but my heart has always belonged to the below since I was a 6 YO with the first time I ever saw a basketball game.

uconn_huskies_logo_secondary_20027498.png

I'm actually rooting for Iowa. Connecticut has had enough success in womens basketball. Time for the Iowegians to get something for the trophy case.
Connecticut playing I think 4 Freshman, they’ll be pushing for championship the next 3 years as well

and NEWSFLASH I'm going to be rooting for Purdue tomorrow.
I’m an NCState fan now. My middle son’s girlfriend is an NCState alum. Her dad played at NCState and was in David Thompson’s wedding. Was friends with Jim Valvano.

I’m an NCState fan now. My middle son’s girlfriend is an NCState alum. Her dad played at NCState and was in David Thompson’s wedding. Was friends with Jim Valvano.
I have no connection to North Carolina outside of a buddy near the outer banks. I'd rather a team from the north win, especially one from the B1G. Having Iowa and Purdue win makes us look good. We beat them both!

I have no connection to North Carolina outside of a buddy near the outer banks. I'd rather a team from the north win, especially one from the B1G. Having Iowa and Purdue win makes us look good. We beat them both!
Kind of my sentiment too but the girl I’m hoping my son marries lives and dies NCState. She even was wearing Husker gear at a bar in Texas for the Husker tourney game 😁. She’s a keeper.

Reactions: HUSKERBILL
Kind of my sentiment too but the girl I’m hoping my son marries lives and dies NCState. She even was wearing Husker gear at a bar in Texas for the Husker tourney game 😁. She’s a keeper.
Tell him there is no need for marriage. Just stay with her and live together. No need to put so much of his financial life on the line in the hopes that she is a "keeper"

Hell, even have them do a fake wedding if she needs that. If it is not about the actual sacrament for both of them, they are better off not making it legal.

Tell him there is no need for marriage. Just stay with her and live together. No need to put so much of his financial life on the line in the hopes that she is a "keeper"

Hell, even have them do a fake wedding if she needs that. If it is not about the actual sacrament for both of them, they are better off not making it legal.
She’s got a better job than him and her parents are loaded. She’s by far the best girl he’s dated and he’s soooo much in a better place with her in his life. FWIW I’m not sure marriage and kids is something either want. She rented out her townhouse and they’re living in his in Austin now. The reality is that for at least half of men your life choices are not a good choice for their happiness. But you do you.

She’s got a better job than him and her parents are loaded. She’s by far the best girl he’s dated and he’s soooo much in a better place with her in his life. FWIW I’m not sure marriage and kids is something either want. She rented out her townhouse and they’re living in his in Austin now. The reality is that for at least half of men your life choices are not a good choice for their happiness. But you do you.
At least half, for sure!

Sounds like he has it figured out, tell him to stay on that path.

answer is yes, the ref made the correct call, and it's not even close to debatable except for talking heads needing to create controversy.

Reactions: Hford
I was glad nobody brought up the game-ending call, because I thought it might spare us from having virtue-signaling, self-important blowhards rush here to defend it.

But apparently I was wrong. Some people love to hear themselves talk so much, they'll start an argument with no one.

Reactions: HawkeyesArePvssies
I was glad nobody brought up the game-ending call, because I thought it might spare us from having virtue-signaling, self-important blowhards rush here to defend it.

But apparently I was wrong. Some people love to hear themselves talk so much, they'll start an argument with no one.
your post seems filled with irony.

Reactions: StoneTempleHusker
answer is yes, the ref made the correct call, and it's not even close to debatable except for talking heads needing to create controversy.

You're right it was the correct call but in most cases refs won't make that call at the end of the game but I'm glad they did. I think the bigger question is would they have called that on Iowa had the tables been turned?

Reminds me of Nebraska v Texas Big 12 championship game. Even though replay showed there was one second left when the ball hit the ground I'm big enough to admit I don't think they would have made the same call had Nebraska been in that same position. This is the flaw with any sport where there's a human component and there's so much money involved. The Big 12 wanted Texas in the championship game because that brought in more money and I think that leads to a lot of decisions they make.
It sucks but that's the world we live in

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch

Terrible fvcking call. Embarrassing. It’s the right call for the first 38 minutes of that game, but not there. 20+ feet from the basket. If it had led to a layup, maybe. And I give almost zero shits about women’s college basketball. You probably think the Jordan push off on Russell should’ve been called. It was a push off…that rightly wasn’t called. It’s the moment. The refs ruined the moment.

Terrible fvcking call. Embarrassing. It’s the right call for the first 38 minutes of that game, but not there. 20+ feet from the basket. If it had led to a layup, maybe. And I give almost zero shits about women’s college basketball. You probably think the Jordan push off on Russell should’ve been called. It was a push off…that rightly wasn’t called. It’s the moment. The refs ruined the moment.
the rules don't change with the clock. come on, man, you can't be serious?

My wife's, mother, brother and his wife live in Cary a nice suburb of Raleigh. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. I skied today, here at the home hill. Snow is still pretty good. Got to love spring skiing when it is still cool up on the hill and 63 degrees down at our house in town.

My wife's, mother, brother and his wife live in Cary a nice suburb of Raleigh. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. I skied today, here at the home hill. Snow is still pretty good. Got to love spring skiing when it is still cool up on the hill and 63 degrees down at our house in town.
Early spring skiing is great! Warmer, a bit more sunlight, & fewer layers. I don’t mind skiing in shorts. Also better chance of seeing hotties skiing with bikini tops.

Actually kind of rooting for Iowa, but doubt that they can beat SC. I saw Clark play for the first time last week and was impressed with her passing and ball handling. That smaller ball the ladies use goes thru the hoop easier, so the shooting always has an asterisk in my mind.

Early spring skiing is great! Warmer, a bit more sunlight, & fewer layers. I don’t mind skiing in shorts. Also better chance of seeing hotties skiing with bikini tops.
Just don’t fall on the crust if you ski before 10:30. Instant sunburn. And yes, you can tell there is still a slight chill in the air if you look close at those bikini tops.

Reactions: Wasker77 and Lars72
Actually kind of rooting for Iowa, but doubt that they can beat SC. I saw Clark play for the first time last week and was impressed with her passing and ball handling. That smaller ball the ladies use goes thru the hoop easier, so the shooting always has an asterisk in my mind.
They aren’t unbeatable but CC is gonna have to go for 40+. Can’t be off like against UCONN. Iowa beat them as 11 point dogs last year. They are +6.5 this year. Tempted to take USC.

I was hoping South Carolina would win today until I saw that their coach thinks dudes should be able to play women's sports.

Never thought I'd say this, but

GO HAWKEYES!

• Love
Reactions: SWIowahawks
I’m most excited to listen to the current lesbians former women’s basketball players talk about tonight’s matchup in their deepest of voices.

• Haha
Reactions: Streamer15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT