ADVERTISEMENT

So much for a stellar defense.

We look scared of the double move after their first td. Its maddening but their wr’s seem to have the upper hand with us not having a pass rush.
I feel like prior to this, though less so with Northern Iowa, we were able to get pressure with 3 or 4. We aren't able to do that against Illinois at the moment.

Reactions: cornwoman
I laugh when people worry White may leave for a head coach job. He’s not that impressive. Wouldn’t be missed.

White is plenty good. I actually think people have over estimated the level of talent we have on this defense. You could see it last week. This isn't an overly athletic defense. When we can't get pressure up front that lack shows up in the back end.

Holla

Big pass okays and major penalties. UNI exposed them
I’m honestly shocked such a big chunk of our fan base let some cupcake teams deceive us into thinking we were more than what we are. To be fair, Bielema is a hell of a coach and absolutely owns Nebraska in the Big Ten, but I am still not sure Illinois will be a top 25 team by year end. Time will tell.

White is plenty good. I actually think people have over estimated the level of talent we have on this defense. You could see it last week. This isn't an overly athletic defense. When we can't get pressure up front that lack shows up in the back end.

Holla
So it’s lack of athletes that caused us to leave guys wide open in the end zone 3 times tonight?

We have a good defense.

It’s not elite. It’s not even “very good”.

Just good. Meaning that we can handle so so teams but better teams can move the ball on us.

Need better players IMO, and we are getting there. These slants are killing us, not sure what the issue is.
playing too much loose zone coverage from the plays I saw. I wasn't there so maybe someone at the game has more insight.

playing too much loose zone coverage from the plays I saw. I wasn't there so maybe someone at the game has more insight.
Yeah, I started paying more closer attention and the coverage was very fvckin loose and their eyes were fvcking garbage. I don’t know what they were looking at half the time
Also, we didn’t set the edge to save our life

Yeah, I started paying more closer attention and the coverage was very fvckin loose and their eyes were fvcking garbage. I don’t know what they were looking at half the time
Also, we didn’t set the edge to save our life
Good God thank you. I was screaming about the edge half the night. Glad I wasn't alone.

Reactions: solarpanels
Whatever the reason we sucked on defense tonight. Last week and this week proved that we are not the defense we thought we were after CU. I predicted we would be 6-6 before the season started. I said I still wasn’t sold on our defense. Not here to gloat … I am crushed by this loss. I started to drink the koolaid too. But 6-6 looks optimistic now. Purdue and UCLA look like probable wins. Ohio State and USC are certain losses. In order to get to 6-6 we need to beat one of: Rutgers, Indiana, Wisconsin and Iowa. My money is on Rutgers being that win. The others look like probable losses at this point.

We have a good defense.

It’s not elite. It’s not even “very good”.

Just good. Meaning that we can handle so so teams but better teams can move the ball on us.

Need better players IMO, and we are getting there. These slants are killing us, not sure what the issue is.
Did you watch the game we have zero mean nasty dudes up front.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
Whatever the reason we sucked on defense tonight. Last week and this week proved that we are not the defense we thought we were after CU. I predicted we would be 6-6 before the season started. I said I still wasn’t sold on our defense. Not here to gloat … I am crushed by this loss. I started to drink the koolaid too. But 6-6 looks optimistic now. Purdue and UCLA look like probable wins. Ohio State and USC are certain losses. In order to get to 6-6 we need to beat one of: Rutgers, Indiana, Wisconsin and Iowa. My money is on Rutgers being that win. The others look like probable losses at this point.
We are not mean and nasty...up front.

Reactions: solarpanels
6 looks awfully tough to get to now. Indiana will torch the defense. Rutgers is greatly improved. And we always fold against Wisconsin and Iowa (except 2022)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT