ADVERTISEMENT

Sipple on Urb

Lincoln100

Head Coach
Jun 16, 2010
It is "unfair" to hold Urb's past against him when considering him for the job. Full on desperation mode. Hard to listen to these guys, acting like teenage girls who would just die if the star qb asked them to go to homecoming.

Outside the fact that Urbs is currently not coaching, is there even the slightest hint -- anywhere -- that he is interested in the job here?

It is "unfair" to hold Urb's past against him when considering him for the job. Full on desperation mode. Hard to listen to these guys, acting like teenage girls who would just die if the star qb asked them to go to homecoming.
Any pundit can say anything about the Nebraska coaching job and immediately get a rise out of the fanbase. Going to be like this until Trev makes his selection public. Then whoever that person is will get analyzed to death. RollingLaugh

They were stating this morning that Auburn will now be going after Urb, and that he will win there and we will be left in the dust wondering what happened (if we dont hire him).

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Sipple has 0 credibility on any topic involving Nebraska Football. He couldn't see and or didn't report any of the problems that were happening to the program in the last 5 years. With all of the dirt coming out on Frost now I view Sipple in 1 of 2 ways. 1) He didn't know about the problems, that means he is an inept reporter on a topic he claims to be be an expert on. 2) He knew about the problems and didn't report them, that is a complete disregard for "JOURNALISTIC" integrity.

Anything he says is freaking garbage.

Sipple has 0 credibility on any topic involving Nebraska Football. He couldn't see and or didn't report any of the problems that were happening to the program in the last 5 years. With all of the dirt coming out on Frost now I view Sipple in 1 of 2 ways. 1) He didn't know about the problems, that means he is an inept reporter on a topic he claims to be be an expert on. 2) He knew about the problems and didn't report them, that is a complete disregard for "JOURNALISTIC" integrity.

For certain, I don't think that he is taken very seriously, by anyone. It is just pathetic to put that out there. Don't sound like a jackass and talk about fairness; it is embarrassing and makes you sound like a desperate fool. If you want Urb here, just be honest about it - he's got a ton a baggage, but he wins a lot, and that's what is most important.

Why is that opinion controversial? Nebraska has a long history of giving second chances after ‘unsavory’ behavior. A lot of fans have forgiven a lot when it comes to NU football.

I don’t think Urban Meyer is coming here; but at the moment, it’s more than reasonable to speculate on that scenario.

I find Sipple entertaining and I enjoy his quirky personality, but I find him to be quite clueless most of the time in regard to evaluating our football team and delivering insight... Which is, ya know, kind of his whole job.

You just described journalism in America, today.

I find Sipple entertaining and I enjoy his quirky personality, but I find him to be quite clueless most of the time in regard to evaluating our football team and delivering insight... Which is, ya know, kind of his whole job.

Evaluating yes, but at the LJS he was a mouthpiece for the program and was very much in the loop.

Reactions: WHCSC
My reason foe not wanting Urb or more accurately leary about him is I think he would leave after season 2. He has a long history of cutting and running.

The love affair and hand wringing is laughable on this and the other site. Dude ain't coaching this shit sandwich, come on man !

Sipple pushing hard for Urban on 1620 this afternoon, likewise Severe on Twitter. What do these guys know? Wishful thinking or a smokescreen to shield another candidate?
Like I said, he’s preparing the fans

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT