ADVERTISEMENT

Since vince ferragamo's illustrious NFL career

Lee was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the sixth round (203rd overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft.[24] On May 10, he signed his rookie contract.[25] He was waived on September 1, 2018 and was signed to the practice squad the next day.[26][27] He was promoted to the active roster on December 28, 2018.[28]

On August 17, 2019, Lee was waived by the Jaguars.[29]

so one working during a strike and one promoted to active roster....

where's the ones I keep hearing about we have coached up to the nfl stardom role deal?

Humm was right before Ferragamo. After Vince I think it was Garcia/Sorley and then they went to more of a power option attack with Jeff Quinn. BTW, does Clete Blakeman count?

Reactions: bama_husker
Turner Gill started for the Montreal Alouettes in the CFL for at least a few years.

Frost changed positions and actually played in the NFL.

Crouch was drafted in the 3rd round and practiced with the Rams for a bit.

Lord was drafted to do the QB to S route, and did play in an NFL game or two.

Steve Taylor played quite a few years in the CFL, but don't believe he ever started.

Zac Taylor is the Head Coach of the Cincinnati Bengals.

ok so,
1 strike player
1 got on a active roster
1 ref
2 cfl
2 safeties
1 practiced
1 head coach

that and linoma beach, should get them there hawaii/florida 5 star qb recruits away from
bama, clemson, usc & ohio state....

I'm thinking the next kenny stabler martinez is right round the corner :)

if zac taylor is a nfl coach why did'nt we offer him a hc job?

ok so,
1 strike player
1 got on a active roster
1 ref
2 cfl
2 safeties
1 practiced
1 head coach

that and linoma beach, should get them there hawaii/florida 5 star qb recruits away from

Don't really see QB as our most glaring issue the past 20 years.

The Blackshirts and our Pipeline have largely been missing.

If you can block people on offense, and have a solid front 7 on defense, you'll win a lot of games regardless of whether Tom Brady is lining up behind center.

If you can block people on offense, and have a solid front 7 on defense, you'll win a lot of games regardless of whether Tom Brady is lining up behind center.
well, to me our most glaring issue is leaving the run the last 20 years...
I see posts about frost is not recruiting the next bart star.
and how linoma & lincoln = qb u.
so I'm just trying to figure that out.
I thank everyone for the data presented thus far.
research continues

AND the two missing pieces are the most important.

ok so,
1 strike player
1 got on a active roster
1 ref
2 cfl
2 safeties
1 practiced
1 head coach

Humm, Ferragamo and Mathison all started games in the NFL. Quinn backed up Mark Malone for a year at Pittsburgh. Berringer was projected as a 2nd rounder. Steve Taylor was in the CFL for 8 years and backed up Flutie for a while. He had over 600 pass attempts. Since then? Not much.

I think Zac Taylor would be a great college coach but you're going to get the WCO if you hire him.

Given the style of offense we're running, our QB needs to make better decision and be more accurate in the passing game. I think our defense is getting there and our Oline has potential. What you say about the O line is true but you're not going to push teams around like we did in the 80s. I really like what I saw when Frost used a WR as a pitch back on those option plays. I told somebody last week what I wanted to see was Morrison in the slot coming behind the play as a pitch back off the zone read option. Nice touch. I think Adrian would be much better in the traditional Osborne option attack than he is dropping back 30+ times.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Nebraska's best chance to put a QB into the NFL over the last 25 years tragically died in a plane crash. Just do not want that to be forgotten in the discussion.

Reactions: redwine65
Mathison was more than just a 'strike player'. He was in the league for a few years before that. I don't think he ever started a game for us btw. Best known for leading us to victory over misery when they KO'd Turner Gill from the game.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Given the style of offense we're running, our QB needs to make better decision and be more accurate in the passing game. I think our defense is getting there and our Oline has potential. What you say about the O line is true but you're not going to push teams around like we did in the 80s. I really like what I saw when Frost used a WR as a pitch back on those option plays. I told somebody last week what I wanted to see was Morrison in the slot coming behind the play as a pitch back off the zone read option. Nice touch. I think Adrian would be much better in the traditional Osborne option attack than he is dropping back 30+ times.

In order to run any kind of run based offense, including any kind of option football, you need wins at the OL and speed and execution from your specialty players.

The circle option with our WR works nice against Fordham, but will be disastrous against teams like Iowa and Wisconsin that will challenge the LOS and sack it for a multiple yard loss when against a real opponent and defense with legit P5 players with attention to detail and defense.

Only thing we have in showing that, is a play that passes back across the field to a wide open WR or TE at the proper time.

Reactions: Red I 73
Mathison was more than just a 'strike player'. He was in the league for a few years before that. I don't think he ever started a game for us btw. Best known for leading us to victory over misery when they KO'd Turner Gill from the game.
He started games for both the Seahawks and Bills. I also don't believe he started any games for NU.

In order to run any kind of run based offense, including any kind of option football, you need wins at the OL and speed and execution from your specialty players.

The circle option with our WR works nice against Fordham, but will be disastrous against teams like Iowa and Wisconsin that will challenge the LOS and sack it for a multiple yard loss when against a real opponent and defense with legit P5 players with attention to detail and defense.

Only thing we have in showing that, is a play that passes back across the field to a wide open WR or TE at the proper time.
That play works well against anyone when it is blocked well and you have the talent to make it work. AND a pass play that you can run off of that same formation.

Iowa and Wisconsin aren't anything special. They are just teams that play not to lose against more talented teams. Sometimes they eek out a win. Most of the time, they lose. They play fundamentally sound football, that I agree with, but in today's college football, that doesn't win shit but a Big Ten West division title and maybe a meaningless bowl game. Look at Wisconsin's record against OSU, Michigan and Penn St since Nebraska joined the Big Ten, maybe 5 wins in 20 matchups. That isn't a fluke.

A power running attack with a guy that throws the ball at a 50% clip like the QBs of yore, is a losing proposition in 2021. Defenses are too big and too fast. If you cant throw the ball, you aren't going to win.

That play works well against anyone when it is blocked well and you have the talent to make it work. AND a pass play that you can run off of that same formation.

Iowa and Wisconsin aren't anything special. They are just teams that play not to lose against more talented teams. Sometimes they eek out a win. Most of the time, they lose. They play fundamentally sound football, that I agree with, but in today's college football, that doesn't win shit but a Big Ten West division title and maybe a meaningless bowl game. Look at Wisconsin's record against OSU, Michigan and Penn St since Nebraska joined the Big Ten, maybe 5 wins in 20 matchups. That isn't a fluke.

A power running attack with a guy that throws the ball at a 50% clip like the QBs of yore, is a losing proposition in 2021. Defenses are too big and too fast. If you cant throw the ball, you aren't going to win.

Yes, Iowa and Wisconsin continue to kick our ass with sound mistake-free unincredible football.

After years of out-recruiting them, one would think we'd eventually be faster and better. Yet here we are,

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Yes, Iowa and Wisconsin continue to kick our ass with sound mistake-free unincredible football.

After years of out-recruiting them, one would think we'd eventually be faster and better. Yet here we are,
Don't care about how well they play against a piss poor Nebraska team. That style of football doesn't win anything.

Don't care about how well they play against a piss poor Nebraska team. That style of football doesn't win anything.

100% agree.

However, hundreds of thousands of Nebraska fans think we need to go back to running the football 90% of the time. Get back to our TO roots of toss 47, trap, follow, counter, lead, and power.

100% agree.

However, hundreds of thousands of Nebraska fans think we need to go back to running the football 90% of the time. Get back to our TO roots of toss 47, trap, follow, counter, lead, and power.
And they are wrong too. Most any offense, when coached and executed can be successful at the P5 level. The exception now days is an offense that relies on the QB to run the ball 15 times per game. Too many QB injuries with bigger and faster DL and LB.

And they are wrong too. Most any offense, when coached and executed can be successful at the P5 level. The exception now days is an offense that relies on the QB to run the ball 15 times per game. Too many QB injuries with bigger and faster DL and LB.

Well, if you don't have some NFL dudes at RB/WR/TE what is a QB to do? Especially when behind an FCS level OL?

Not that we have anything close, but Lamar Jackson is killing in the NFL.

Exactly- it is not the qb- it’s the oline -which is why can’t run can’t pass can’t protect - until have Oline play others don’t mayter

Reactions: 81husker
Well, if you don't have some NFL dudes at RB/WR/TE what is a QB to do? Especially when behind an FCS level OL?

Not that we have anything close, but Lamar Jackson is killing in the NFL.

Not sure Lamar is killing the NFL. He has shown flashes, but is he somebody you want to rely on for post season success? Need a couple big passes late? Not the guy, at least hostorically speaking. Maybe that changes.

Not sure Lamar is killing the NFL. He has shown flashes, but is he somebody you want to rely on for post season success? Need a couple big passes late? Not the guy, at least hostorically speaking. Maybe that changes.
You’re exactly right.

Some posters are still bitter that Burrow, the National Champ LSU stud QB p, didn’t get more push from the NU coaches.

If he did come to NU he wouldn’t have been as successful as he was at LSU where he was surrounded by an outstanding OL. Not coming to NU was the best thing that never happened to him.

You’re exactly right.

Some posters are still bitter that Burrow, the National Champ LSU stud QB p, didn’t get more push from the NU coaches.

If he did come to NU he wouldn’t have been as successful as he was at LSU where he was surrounded by an outstanding OL. Not coming to NU was the best thing that never happened to him.
Probably, but not sure that is the point about Burrow. We didn't pursue him because "is he better than what we have"? Regardless of whether or not he would have had the same type of season, he would have made our team better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT