ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP. Phil Ervin article nails it. Mirrors my view.

A well written piece. I wanted to forward this to pat for with a snide comment, but it wasn't worth more energy than the thought and this comment.

we’ll mostly all agree with it.
not sure the rest of the conf will.

I think we just need to embrace the fact that we are hated. In all honesty I kinda like it. There’s nothing wrong with being the “heel” every great story needs a great bad guy and I’d love that to be us. Granted we need to win but the west is up for grabs this year and wouldn’t it be f’n fantastic if we could reach out and take it all the while giving a big ol middle finger to everyone else? It’s perfect for us. No one wants to see us succeed, we have a young brash coach who isn’t afraid to say something provocative, and we have a young hungry team by the looks of this 2019 class. I’m excited for the future. I say bring on the hate. It doesn’t bother me and it doesn’t bother the team. Bring it the **** on

I think we just need to embrace the fact that we are hated. In all honesty I kinda like it. There’s nothing wrong with being the “heel” every great story needs a great bad guy and I’d love that to be us. Granted we need to win but the west is up for grabs this year and wouldn’t it be f’n fantastic if we could reach out and take it all the while giving a big ol middle finger to everyone else? It’s perfect for us. No one wants to see us succeed, we have a young brash coach who isn’t afraid to say something provocative, and we have a young hungry team by the looks of this 2019 class. I’m excited for the future. I say bring on the hate. It doesn’t bother me and it doesn’t bother the team. Bring it the **** on
Exactly. Bring the hate. Embrace being the bad boys. Like the Detroit Pistons of the late 80s and early 90s.

Reactions: Danasoccer3520
I don't really think people are trashing the school and program; its the fan reaction they're trashing, and we keep giving them fodder when we whine about the conference being out to get us, the supposed officials' conspiracy, saying Wisconsin was scared to play, and so on. The players seem to be handling it better than the fans.

Reactions: Red I 73
I don't really think people are trashing the school and program; its the fan reaction they're trashing, and we keep giving them fodder when we whine about the conference being out to get us, the supposed officials' conspiracy, saying Wisconsin was scared to play, and so on. The players seem to be handling it better than the fans.
People are absolutely trashing the School and program. How can you read Forde’s article and come away with the notion that he was bashing the fans?

Another stellar post by you trashing husker fans. Just like every other post you make. You are the only ‘Husker fan’ who gets it I guess. Wow.

Go watch get up from October 30th if you don’t think ppl are trashing our program. Albeit it’s Paul finebaum whose opinion means less then a dead raccoons but still, he is going on a national tv show saying these things

Go watch get up from October 30th if you don’t think ppl are trashing our program. Albeit it’s Paul finebaum whose opinion means less then a dead raccoons but still, he is going on a national tv show saying these things
I did watch his show on the SEC Network on Friday afternoon. Here is that I did see.....

A few Husker fans call in that basically equate themselves to the program. We are not part of the program.

Finebaum explained that Nebraska is not currently a relevant program (true). He also said that the couple of times he had been to a game in Lincoln, he loved the atmosphere; one of the best he'd experienced. He said that he doesn't understand the anger that Nebraska fans always seem to have towards the conferences to which we belong (true). The B1G, for all of it's faults, of which Finebaum was just as critical of as everyone on here, made the decision to play a conference-only season with no byes (true). Nebraska agreed to it, as part of the conference (true). He even said that he'd understand if Nebraska was trying to schedule a Miami or USC, but thought it was silly that fans were making such a stink about not getting to play Chattanooga. Lastly, he said that if the B1G wasn't to our liking, that we should leave (which is what MANY, MANY people on here have said as well), and that the MAC would be happy to have Nebraska (true).

Now, let me ask you; is it the players, coaches, and administration that are doing the bitching, or is it the fans? And, as a reminder, we, as fans, are not the program. So, again, who is doing the complaining?

Reactions: The Bearded One
I did watch his show on the SEC Network on Friday afternoon. Here is that I did see.....

A few Husker fans call in that basically equate themselves to the program. We are not part of the program.

Finebaum explained that Nebraska is not currently a relevant program (true). He also said that the couple of times he had been to a game in Lincoln, he loved the atmosphere; one of the best he'd experienced. He said that he doesn't understand the anger that Nebraska fans always seem to have towards the conferences to which we belong (true). The B1G, for all of it's faults, of which Finebaum was just as critical of as everyone on here, made the decision to play a conference-only season with no byes (true). Nebraska agreed to it, as part of the conference (true). He even said that he'd understand if Nebraska was trying to schedule a Miami or USC, but thought it was silly that fans were making such a stink about not getting to play Chattanooga. Lastly, he said that if the B1G wasn't to our liking, that we should leave (which is what MANY, MANY people on here have said as well), and that the MAC would be happy to have Nebraska (true).

Now, let me ask you; is it the players, coaches, and administration that are doing the bitching, or is it the fans? And, as a reminder, we, as fans, are not the program. So, again, who is doing the complaining?
He said on get up that we left the big 12 cuz we thought we were too good (not true) he said that our ad said we needed to play for data points for the cfp (not true) our “complaining” is towards the leadership of the big 10 conference and their inability to act with any sort of foresight. We “complain” about national media pundits thinking that because we haven’t been a good program in a while means we shouldn’t get a voice. We “complain” about the fact that those same media pundits like to use this little story to piss off an extremely passionate and vocal fan base with sensationalized news stories. Some out of contexts quotes and Mischaracterization of our ad, coach, and fan base. Especially when there are quite of few high powered coaches in this league who have come out in support of or stances

Reactions: headcard
People are absolutely trashing the School and program. How can you read Forde’s article and come away with the notion that he was bashing the fans?

Another stellar post by you trashing husker fans. Just like every other post you make. You are the only ‘Husker fan’ who gets it I guess. Wow.
Actually, there are several comments I have made that people have liked over the past few days, so I must not be the only one. Tell you what, I'll run down what I have figured out, and you can tell me what it is I am missing.
  1. Many in our fan base are unhappy with the B1G for a multitude of reasons--some valid, and some cuckoo-- and have been for several years now.
  2. It isn't Moos, Frost, or the players doing the complaining about not getting to play Chattanooga. It's the fans. Yes, I have no doubt that the players are unhappy, but they seem to be handling it better than most of the people on this forum, Facebook, etc. Even if they were complaining, out of all of us, they are the only ones that should.
  3. The B1G, of which Nebraska is a member, made the decision to play a conference-only schedule, with no byes built in for makeup games. As a conference member, Nebraska is expected to abide by that policy.
  4. The B1G, of which Nebraska is a member, made the decision to establish a protocol for positive case rates, and decided that games called off due to teams reaching that level would not count in the standings. As a conference member, Nebraska is expected to abide by that policy.
  5. Nebraska, the school/program, made an attempt to schedule a non-conference game, despite the aforementioned policy that was adopted before the season began. The B1G, of which Nebraska is a member, turned down that request, in accordance to said policy.
  6. As stated in #2, the school, coaches, and players aren't publicly complaining.
  7. Our fan base, due to the decision, is now equating itself to the program, and now trying to sell a bill of goods about how the program is getting trashed because the warts of our fan base are being exposed.
What am I missing?

Before you answer, yes, I am aware that businesses would be hurt without a game in Lincoln this weekend, just like businesses in Madison will be hurt next weekend if there's no game against Purdue. My answer to that is that there was nothing stopping anyone from heading to Lincoln this weekend to spend money.

He said on get up that we left the big 12 cuz we thought we were too good (not true) he said that our ad said we needed to play for data points for the cfp (not true) our “complaining” is towards the leadership of the big 10 conference and their inability to act with any sort of foresight. We “complain” about national media pundits thinking that because we haven’t been a good program in a while means we shouldn’t get a voice. We “complain” about the fact that those same media pundits like to use this little story to piss off an extremely passionate and vocal fan base with sensationalized news stories. Some out of contexts quotes and Mischaracterization of our ad, coach, and fan base. Especially when there are quite of few high powered coaches in this league who have come out in support of or stances
And you ate it all up, didn't you.

Hey, I wanted there to be a game too. But, there wasn't. Life goes on. I feel for the players, but not for too many other people.

Yes, that's right. Just the players. If you are so damned concerned about businesses in Lincoln being hurt, there was nothing stopping you or anyone else from heading there and spending money this weekend.

Finebaum has been just as critical of the B1G during this whole thing as anyone on here has been.

Actually, there are several comments I have made that people have liked over the past few days, so I must not be the only one. Tell you what, I'll run down what I have figured out, and you can tell me what it is I am missing.
  1. Many in our fan base are unhappy with the B1G for a multitude of reasons--some valid, and some cuckoo-- and have been for several years now.
  2. It isn't Moos, Frost, or the players doing the complaining about not getting to play Chattanooga. It's the fans. Yes, I have no doubt that the players are unhappy, but they seem to be handling it better than most of the people on this forum, Facebook, etc. Even if they were complaining, out of all of us, they are the only ones that should.
  3. The B1G, of which Nebraska is a member, made the decision to play a conference-only schedule, with no byes built in for makeup games. As a conference member, Nebraska is expected to abide by that policy.
  4. The B1G, of which Nebraska is a member, made the decision to establish a protocol for positive case rates, and decided that games called off due to teams reaching that level would not count in the standings. As a conference member, Nebraska is expected to abide by that policy.
  5. Nebraska, the school/program, made an attempt to schedule a non-conference game, despite the aforementioned policy that was adopted before the season began. The B1G, of which Nebraska is a member, turned down that request, in accordance to said policy.
  6. As stated in #2, the school, coaches, and players aren't publicly complaining.
  7. Our fan base, due to the decision, is now equating itself to the program, and now trying to sell a bill of goods about how the program is getting trashed because the warts of our fan base are being exposed.
What am I missing?

Before you answer, yes, I am aware that businesses would be hurt without a game in Lincoln this weekend, just like businesses in Madison will be hurt next weekend if there's no game against Purdue. My answer to that is that there was nothing stopping anyone from heading to Lincoln this weekend to spend money.
What you are missing was at the time Wisconsin wasn’t in the red. They chose to cancel it wasn’t forced on them by the rules everyone agreed to. Personally I love the hate. I think we should relish in being the bad guys and
And you ate it all up, didn't you.

Hey, I wanted there to be a game too. But, there wasn't. Life goes on. I feel for the players, but not for too many other people.

Yes, that's right. Just the players. If you are so damned concerned about businesses in Lincoln being hurt, there was nothing stopping you or anyone else from heading there and spending money this weekend.
No I personally love the hate as previous comments on this thread has have indicated. I think we should embrace the identity everyone want to force us into and use it as branding. I’m just explaining what you call complaining where most ppl just want the truth. It’s funny how hard that is to come by anymore in all walks of life

What am I missing?

Here’s what you’re missing. You say there is no animosity to the university... it’s all the fans that have caused the problem.

The fans didn’t immediately reach out to UTC and try to schedule a game. The fans didn’t reach out to Kevin Warren and ask if they could do this, to which Warren said he would lay it before the other universities. The fans didn’t do any logistical things to make any of this happen.

100% university of nebraska brass did all of this.

But yeah, keep blaming the fans. It’s all you do. Ever.

What you are missing was at the time Wisconsin wasn’t in the red. They chose to cancel it wasn’t forced on them by the rules everyone agreed to. Personally I love the hate. I think we should relish in being the bad guys and

No I personally love the hate as previous comments on this thread has have indicated. I think we should embrace the identity everyone want to force us into and use it as branding. I’m just explaining what you call complaining where most ppl just want the truth. It’s funny how hard that is to come by anymore in all walks of life
There are 2 color coded categories-- team positivity rate (number of positive tests divided by number of tests administered), and population positivity rate (number of positive players divided by total number of players). As you'll see the linked graphic, orange and red are the most serious levels.

Wisconsin had hit orange/red when the game was canceled. Per the protocol, orange/red allows the universities the discretion to proceed or cancel activities, which Wisconsin chose to do. Plus, Wisconsin had hit red/red by game day, which mandates the cancellation. Even Moos acknowledged this, and praised Alvarez's transparency. If you still want to trash Wisconsin over it, then you're also essentially saying Moos is a liar.

I don't think things are as nefarious as you want to believe.

Reactions: Cloud@Heart
Here’s what you’re missing. You say there is no animosity to the university... it’s all the fans that have caused the problem.

The fans didn’t immediately reach out to UTC and try to schedule a game. The fans didn’t reach out to Kevin Warren and ask if they could do this, to which Warren said he would lay it before the other universities. The fans didn’t do any logistical things to make any of this happen.

100% university of nebraska brass did all of this.

But yeah, keep blaming the fans. It’s all you do. Ever.
Who is the most vocal on this board and social media about there not being a game?
a. Players
b. Frost
c. Moos
d. A large chunk of our fan base

Who bitches publicly about the B1G on a regular basis?
a. Players
b. Frost
c. Moos

Who hasn't been able to move on to get ready for Northwestern?
a. Players
b. Frost
c. Moos

When Finebaum says that he has never seen a fan base so antagonistic towards whatever conference they happen to be members of, that kind of tells me he's talking about the fan base. What tips me off to what he's talking about is his use of the term "fan base".

Sorry if the truth hurts.

But, just so you feel better, because I can tell you under a terrible amount of distress over my take on things:

F* Finebaum, f* Alvalrez, f* Wisconsin, and f* the B1G.

There--all better.

Last edited:
Who is the most vocal on this board and social media about there not being a game?
a. Players
b. Frost
c. Moos

Who bitches publicly about the B1G on a regular basis?
a. Players
b. Frost
c. Moos

Who hasn't been able to move on to get ready or Northwestern?
a. Players
b. Frost
c. Moos

When Finebaum says that he has never seen a fan base so antagonistic towards whatever conference they happen to be members of, that kind of tells me he's talking about the fan base. What tips me off to what he's talking about is his use of the term "fan base".

Sorry if the truth hurts.

But, just so you feel better, because I can tell you under a terrible amount of distress over my take on things:

F* Finebaum, f* Alvalrez, f* Wisconsin, and f* the B1G.

There--all better.
To be honest, I didn’t see what finebaum had to say. But I did read what Pat Forde had to say. He was very antagonistic toward the program, not the fans… He was calling the University of Nebraska petty and petulant. Your thing has been all along that there is no animosity toward the program, just the fans. You are wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigred_b1624
There are 2 color coded categories-- team positivity rate (number of positive tests divided by number of tests administered), and population positivity rate (number of positive players divided by total number of players). As you'll see the linked graphic, orange and red are the most serious levels.

Wisconsin had hit orange/red when the game was canceled. Per the protocol, orange/red allows the universities the discretion to proceed or cancel activities, which Wisconsin chose to do. Plus, Wisconsin had hit red/red by game day, which mandates the cancellation. Even Moos acknowledged this, and praised Alvarez's transparency. If you still want to trash Wisconsin over it, then you're also essentially saying Moos is a liar.

I don't think things are as nefarious as you want to believe.

If you call what I said trashing Wisconsin. But don’t see what national media has to say about the program as trashing then you’ve lost credibility in my book. Finebaum and forde made no mention of the fans at all in their takes. They clearly put the focus on the program itself. But I’m done indulging you because at this point you seem like you’re trolling based on the evidence I noted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT