ADVERTISEMENT

Should our AD be spouting ridiculous bulletin board material?

Honestly we've been a joke to the winning programs in our conference. If they even hear of Moos' comments they will probably have a good laugh. Meanwhile, they'll go about their business of recruiting top 10 classes, winning 10+ games a year, and competing for national championships. If we finally put a decent product on the field they'll be ready for us and we'll see some good football.

Keith Williams had a lot of bravado too, I guess OSU got the last laugh there. I like saying less and doing more, but either way I don't see it having much effect on whether we win or lose.

Honestly we've been a joke to the winning programs in our conference. If they even hear of Moos' comments they will probably have a good laugh. Meanwhile, they'll go about their business of recruiting top 10 classes, winning 10+ games a year, and competing for national championships. If we finally put a decent product on the field they'll be ready for us and we'll see some good football.

Keith Williams had a lot of bravado too, I guess OSU got the last laugh there. I like saying less and doing more, but either way I don't see it having much effect on whether we win or lose.
That’s a pretty small group you’ve identified there... top 10, 10+ wins per season, competing for NCs... OSU and...

who else is doing that?

Last edited:
Oh I imagine the Michigan and Buckeye staffs both got a chuckle out of that remark. No big deal.

I hope they do think it’s funny and take the Huskers and Frost lightly. I bet that’s what Moos wants and is shooting for. Sorry but I don’t mind this at all. And NO, we should never be scared shirtless of OSUcks and Michigan. Anyone with a brain that has seen what Frost did at UFC in two years should be setting up straight and thinking “ok, we can’t underestimate Frost and those Huskers now”. Sure, they might not be trembling, but I bet my house there not “laughing” at it or poking fun of this. Meyer nor Jim are stupid, they’re probably thinking “yep, Moos is right, Huskers have a real Coach now, we will need our A game” and that’s how it SHOULD BE. Forgive me, but I do NOT see OSUcks blowing our doors off, they will most likely win...but if Frost is the real deal... he will have the Huskers firing and ready when that big stage comes....and Frost has done great in the big stage thus far.

I say let Moos and Frost worry about that. If Frost is scared like some of you guys are, he will go up to Moos and have a meeting about it. Again, I love it and Moos is right...Huskers have real coaching staff finally, and any team that takes us light anymore, will catch a biotch slap upside there faces ;)

Reactions: bshirt73
I say let Moos and Frost worry about that. If Frost is scared like some of you guys are, he will go up to Moos and have a meeting about it. Again, I love it and Moos is right...Huskers have real coaching staff finally, and any team that takes us light anymore, will catch a biotch slap upside there faces ;)

Yep, it ain't Smiling Mike anymore.

I hope they do think it’s funny and take the Huskers and Frost lightly. I bet that’s what Moos wants and is shooting for. Sorry but I don’t mind this at all. And NO, we should never be scared shirtless of OSUcks and Michigan. Anyone with a brain that has seen what Frost did at UFC in two years should be setting up straight and thinking “ok, we can’t underestimate Frost and those Huskers now”. Sure, they might not be trembling, but I bet my house there not “laughing” at it or poking fun of this. Meyer nor Jim are stupid, they’re probably thinking “yep, Moos is right, Huskers have a real Coach now, we will need our A game” and that’s how it SHOULD BE. Forgive me, but I do NOT see OSUcks blowing our doors off, they will most likely win...but if Frost is the real deal... he will have the Huskers firing and ready when that big stage comes....and Frost has done great in the big stage thus far.

I can almost feel their fear lol.

Reactions: 21Husker1984
It’s a nature for coaches to fear if not the opponent, at least how their team will play against an opponent- regardless of their record. I would think that Meyer respects Frost, and appreciates the Nebraska tradition. If the Huskers are a top 10 team under Frost, Meyer will take notice. I can’t say the same about Harbaugh because it’s tough to figure out what actually goes on in that head.

Reactions: timnsun
I seem to recall the quote from Brian Ferentz a few years ago triggering a 5-6 page thread ... must be a bigger deal if your opponent talks a little trash

I suspect if Michigans AD was quoted as saying something along the lines of Scott Frost is going to find out what it is like to have to play a power 5 confernce schedule people on here would be losing there shit

You can fire up the fan base without specifically mentioning other head coaches by name .

"We recruit against a couple schools that talk about their pipeline," Ferentz said. "I'm thinking of one a little bit west of Omaha that talks about their pipeline. I think they've had like two guys drafted in two years, so I'm not sure how much of the pipeline the coaches have contributed to. But perception is reality in recruiting, so you work against that a little bit."

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
Really can't believe people are getting their panties in a wad over this. It's a little bit of bravado-so what? Like I read somewhere else-this is the exact kind of stuff you say at luncheon-type events to generate some excitement. It's no big deal.
I agree.
As a side note... Might someone call it... "faux outrage"?? Smokin

Nick Saban made up fake quotes attributed to Washington players in an effort to keep his players attention. Watch the post game press conference. Alabama players were talking about the comments the Washington players made. Come to find out the Washington players didn't make those comments.

Reactions: jlb321
Nick Saban made up fake quotes attributed to Washington players in an effort to keep his players attention. Watch the post game press conference. Alabama players were talking about the comments the Washington players made. Come to find out the Washington players didn't make those comments.

Our program needs to assign someone to do that. First up, Akron -- their players have taken note of last season's non-conference "performance" and are feeling great about their chances.

I think some people need to grow a pair.

We tend to grow a big pair in the offseason and commence to get castrated once we kickoff against OSU or Iowa. Maybe Moos will prove prophetic ... I guess we’ll see after the OSU and Michigan games if he’s eating his words

I’m all in favor of bravado as long as you back it up

Last edited:
We tend to grow a big pair in the offseason and commence to get castrated once we kickoff against OSU or Iowa. Maybe Moos will prove prophetic ... I guess we’ll see after the OSU and Michigan games if he’s eating his words

I’m all in favor of bravado as long as you back it up
Scott Frost isn't Mike Riley, Bo or Frank. Quit being a negative Nancy and enjoy a national coach of the year.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Agree...just a AD firing up the fan base and feeling pretty good about getting the coach everyone wanted.

ADs speak to the fan base quite frequently and try to fire them up ... not very often that an ADs rhetoric at a local watering hole gets splattered all over major national sport sites .. columns in USAtoday, sportingnews, CBSsportts, bleacher report, ESPN, yahoo sports, etc

No problem if Frost as the head of this program makes those comments, but comments like those shouldn't come out of anyone else's pie hole affiliated with the university other than the head coach. I have heard Frost wasn't exactly pleased when he heard about it and communicated such to Moos. Moos has done his best to walk back some of those comments.

Bill Moos speaks his mind. nothing wrong with that and to shout out and say they better be aware that we are going to be back is nothing but confidence. people blew this out of proportion and that is what sells papers and puts your name on the bottom of the espn ticker. i find nothing wrong with what he said and in reality it's not that big of deal. move on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT