ADVERTISEMENT

Beef

Sometimes. There’s only so much you can do to a chewy steak. The issue some people have told me they’ve had with WalMart meat at times was an off flavor.

My grandkids have eaten almost exclusively my own home raised hamburger and won’t eat Costco hamburger. 🤷‍♂️
You are not doing smashburgers are you? You could use gerbil meat and if you smash them, it would be the best thing they ever had.

Sometimes. There’s only so much you can do to a chewy steak. The issue some people have told me they’ve had with WalMart meat at times was an off flavor.

My grandkids have eaten almost exclusively my own home raised hamburger and won’t eat Costco hamburger. 🤷‍♂️
I buy hamburger from a local butcher shop because it’s only about $1 more per pound than the supermarket and way, way, way better. But supermarkets have to move large volumes of beef at certain price points, so I wouldn’t expect their meat case to replicate the quality of the butcher shop.

I know Costco carries high-end briskets and some other higher-quality cuts, but I don’t anything about their ground beef.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I enjoy making vegans (to a lesser degree vegetarians, depends on the person) watch me eat a steak. When we go out to dinner, whether it’s for work, family or friends, if I find out there’s a vegan/vegetarian in the group I order huge steak every time. I could’ve been in the mood for a nice spring salad or pasta dish, but the second I hear some twat say “I’m a vegan” it’s ribeye time baby! It’s the little things in life really… 🙂
If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat ...

I bought a Walmart steak once when I was 19 and haven’t purchased meat from there since. Growing up, we had a full size freezer in the basement with our own cows in it.

I think this is probably the most fair stament.

95% would not know.

Like...mixing Barton's with Sprite and Mixing Tito's with Sprite...you are not gonna notice...most of us.
Oh gawd. I remember buying handles of Barton’s in my youth for $8.99 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
I would like to get an idea of what most of you all are paying for the average per pound. I got a half and hanging weight was 440 (not sure what % is lost after processing). Waiting to hear what my cost will be, but am curious what others are averaging.

I would like to get an idea of what most of you all are paying for the average per pound. I got a half and hanging weight was 440 (not sure what % is lost after processing). Waiting to hear what my cost will be, but am curious what others are averaging.
On a good animal hanging should be 62% of live weight and 62% of hanging weight after processing. Says my Amish butcher.

Reactions: Huskerpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT