ADVERTISEMENT

Should our AD be spouting ridiculous bulletin board material?

Eek. Love confidence and swagger, but I agree we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

Hopefully this won’t become a slippery situation or a “moosestep” for AD Moos if Ohio State destroys Nebraska again this year. Winking

tumblr_oky8t4OviL1toamj8o1_400.gif

Last edited:
Coaches don't "worry" about other coaches. They focus on their teams and they don't get "scared" - dumb remark in my opinion. Doesn't show "fire" - oh yea, that is what everyone said about a former coach as well. How did that turn out?

I would say that comment is putting the cart before the horse and is unnecessary at this juncture.

That said, Sun Tzu said to, “know thy enemy...”. My guess is everyone in the Big Ten, players, coaches, fans, media, are casting intriguing eyes toward Lincoln. IMO, the Scott Frost hire carries the same potential/weight as the Harbaugh or Franklin hires. I would compare it to Myer to OSU, but Myer already won a couple national titles with Florida so that was a bigger splash than the afore mentioned. But the Frost hire has and will continue to turn heads. IMO the two coaches with the highest long term potential and ceiling in the Big Ten are James Franklin and Scott Frost. In that order. Harbaugh, Myer, Dantonio, Ferentz. All have more coaching days behind them than ahead of them. Franklin and Frost haven’t peaked yet and have serious potential ahead of them. My guess is, every coach worth his salt will be pulling film of both NU and UCF and studying both closely prior to their match up with NU. None will underestimate Frost and the potential he brings to the sideline every Saturday.

Reactions: TheNewNU
I would say that comment is putting the cart before the horse and is unnecessary at this juncture.

That said, Sun Tzu said to, “know thy enemy...”. My guess is everyone in the Big Ten, players, coaches, fans, media, are casting intriguing eyes toward Lincoln. IMO, the Scott Frost hire carries the same potential/weight as the Harbaugh or Franklin hires. I would compare it to Myer to OSU, but Myer already won a couple national titles with Florida so that was a bigger splash than the afore mentioned. But the Frost hire has and will continue to turn heads. IMO the two coaches with the highest long term potential and ceiling in the Big Ten are James Franklin and Scott Frost. In that order. Harbaugh, Myer, Dantonio, Ferentz. All have more coaching days behind them than ahead of them. Franklin and Frost haven’t peaked yet and have serious potential ahead of them. My guess is, every coach worth his salt will be pulling film of both NU and UCF and studying both closely prior to their match up with NU. None will underestimate Frost and the potential he brings to the sideline every Saturday.

Hmmmm...a very, very interesting post sir. Thank you!

It's going to be a blast watching what happens. The west is going to soon have rough sledding with HCSF in charge. Year two just could be shocking to Whisky & Iowa.

Moos doesn't give a shit, he would withhold bowl game tickets from Wazzu fans who bashed him in emails for not firing Leach after a 3-9 year. He ended up leaving Oregon because he got in a spat over Phil Knight because he wouldn't fire the track coach, Knight held a new basketball arena over his head to tempt him to fire the coach and Moos walked. Moos is gonna do what Moos wants to do.

Reactions: jeans15
Well, he was a big part in bringing in a home run cfb HC. That's good enough for me for awhile. :)

IMO, talk is cheap. Let the product on the field do the real talking. As my dad used to say, a lot better game is played in the clubhouse than was ever played out on the golf course. Why give the opposition more ammunition to ambush you?

We’re out over our skies a bit much for my taste

We got smoked how many times last year and the last 16 years? These words aren't going to make a bit of difference except for showing extreme commitment, faith and support for the coach he hired. I don't mind this one bit and I doubt Frost or the team minds it either. I love the alignment between the administration, the AD, the coach and the team. F--- Ohio and Michigan.

Reactions: Gary from Wisconsin
I think he was trying to be humorous but it didn't quite work. I doubt if Meyer or Harbaugh think much, if at all, about Nebraska. When game week against those teams comes, that's about the only time they will be thinking about the Huskers.

It is very Iowaesque.

He made a mistake, He is human. I believe he probably called Scott and apologized already. Dude isn't perfect, none of us are.

I don't really see it as a mistake, I see it as old school. Years ago AD's and coaches had fun with each other and other staffs...they made bets...they met for drinks...they laughed off some good natured ribbing (for her pleasure) from the fan base.

Now, it is so lame and business like.

Reactions: jeans15
Everyone take a deep breath and read the article. RELAX. I love Moos, he is a rare character in the landscape of today. I think if you're expecting Frost or Moos to regret or apologize for the things they say, you'll be waiting awhile.

Reactions: timnsun
Another thing-I've long thought the concept of "bulletin board material" is overrated. If a team really needs bulletin board material to motivate them, then they're probably already in trouble. Bulletin board material is really more for the fans-to give them something to spice up discussion or an extra reason to taunt an opponent.

Another thing-I've long thought the concept of "bulletin board material" is overrated. If a team really needs bulletin board material to motivate them, then they're probably already in trouble. Bulletin board material is really more for the fans-to give them something to spice up discussion or an extra reason to taunt an opponent.

In this case, I look at it like, Nebraska wasn't necessarily on their radar, now they are. Not the same as needing bulletin board material to get ready.

Tell that to missery that one year they upset NU under pelini, I think. One of the omaha weird herald, I think, sportswriter's pregame comment was that missery "doesn't play defense". They played with a lot of fire that day and made a point about the weird herald comment in post game interviews, and that comment wasn't even from a coach.

I don't know if you ever played, but I will guarantee you football players NEED a mindset of "fire in the belly" as my and other coaches used to say. Proving something is a GREAT motivator when you are in a three point stance facing someone who wants to beat you. That is from a lot of my own experience.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT