ADVERTISEMENT

Sept 20 vs Illinois - setting up to be a sneaky good game...

Illinois had a good defense with some great plays from their DBs. Their QB was decent too. They do look like a tough unit.

Reactions: headcard
I didn't watch it although I meant to. That will be another very loud game. The B1G opener and probably a W we need to get in order to have a winning season. Buliema is a good coach. He concerns me.

Reactions: baseball31ne
KU moved the ball. Slowed the run. Illinois looked very Iowa. NU should be 11+ favorites.
Nation is listening when MR and DR talk. The Def is literally top 10 or better. Teams will find it hard to surpass 20 on The Blackshirts.

Friday night game if we were 2-1 with a loss to CU? Fans probably be like meh. Friday night game when we are 3-0 with a bad ass defense and a superstar qb? It will be rocking. Watching Texas decimate Michigan was a good reminder of how normal big 10 defenses struggle against real offenses with real qb's.

Illinois looked decent. Will not be a gimme.

Not scary though, but certainly better than I thought they would be.
Illini actually have a defense which the buffs lacked.Have a quality QB in JR Luke Altmeyer who started against us last year in Champagne..
Return 6 offensive and 7 defensive staters..

Anyone watch KU-Illinois? I didn't, curious if Illinois is good and/or KU is regressing to the mean? Game a week from Friday now has some special juice, both teams might be ranked by then.
It was one of my pic's . Kansas on the road to a Big ten team ? I bet they could'nt get it done. Illinios is a solid team right now.

Hot take:

Kansas isn’t very good
… aaaaand they’re definitely not.

there’s a definite possibility that Penn State stole the best coach on the Kansas staff.

Leipold has now never beaten a non-FCS team without Andy Kotelnicki as his offensive coordinator.

Barring catastrophic injury, I expect Nebraska to beat the brakes off Illinois

Anyone watch KU-Illinois? I didn't, curious if Illinois is good and/or KU is regressing to the mean? Game a week from Friday now has some special juice, both teams might be ranked by then.
Weather wise right now looking like a wet one

Night game atmosphere in Lincoln and unless northern Iowa pulls off a miracle we will be 3-0 with a ton of momentum. I think it might be a close game early but we will gradually pull away and win comfortably. Probably around 35-7

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT