ADVERTISEMENT

Send Purdy back to Florida St.

Purdy has all of Martinez’s bad habits - running back in pocket, locking in on one receiver, inability to read a defense, etc. But he has none of Martinez’s good traits.

He might be the worst QB I’ve seen start in the last decade. I would roll with Andrew Bunch over him.

I’m shocked by how terrible he looks. Remember the whispers out of training camp that it might not be a legit open QB competition, that he might be better than CT? Better than 2022 Charles Thompson, maybe.

Purdy has all of Martinez’s bad habits - running back in pocket, locking in on one receiver, inability to read a defense, etc. But he has none of Martinez’s good traits.

He might be the worst QB I’ve seen start in the last decade. I would roll with Andrew Bunch over him.
I have to agree. I thought we were getting a very different QB that could throw really well. That is a weak and inaccurate arm. Unless he is injured he is not the answer. Play Smothers.

I’m shocked by how terrible he looks. Remember the whispers out of training camp that it might not be a legit open QB competition, that he might be better than CT? Better than 2022 Charles Thompson, maybe.
It was not legit for the QBs that didn't have the initials CT or CP

That dude is walking proof that recruiting based on ranking is not always a great strategy. Shocking how really bad he is.

Reactions: yort2000
He’s a freshman, you don’t ship him out yet you fools. He still has time to develop. Smothers should definitely have every meaningful snap til CT is back however.

• Haha
Reactions: BrighteRed24
That dude is walking proof that recruiting based on ranking is not always a great strategy. Shocking how really bad he is.
Also, a lot of coaches would rather lose with high rated players than take a chance and possibly lose with lower rated guys allowing people to call them out for playing a lower rated player over a higher rated player.

Also, a lot of coaches would rather lose with high rated players than take a chance and possibly lose with lower rated guys allowing people to call them out for playing a lower rated player over a higher rated player.
Don’t misunderstand me. I’ll take my chances if I can land 4 and 5 star kids over the diamonds in the rough.

He’s a freshman, you don’t ship him out yet you fools. He still has time to develop. Smothers should definitely have every meaningful snap til CT is back however.
Great QBs start as freshman/redshirt freshman (IE CJ Stroud). Minnesota's 2nd string redshirt freshman looked like a pro player compared to Purdy looking like high school junior varsity.

I think you're wrong.. it's not fair to the rest of the team to have an unconfident QB. This is not something easily changed.

Great QBs start as freshman/redshirt freshman (IE CJ Stroud). Minnesota's 2nd string redshirt freshman looked like a pro player compared to Purdy looking like high school junior varsity.
Nobody is saying he’s going to be a great quarterback but to not even give him the chance to try to develop over the next year or so is completely foolish not everybody comes in ready to rock ‘n’ roll on day one.

I think you're wrong.. it's not fair to the rest of the team to have an unconfident QB. This is not something easily changed.
Like I said he should definitely back up Smothers the rest of the season however to completely send him packing at the end of the year is foolish like I said in another post not all players come in ready to rock ‘n’ roll on day one.

Like I said he should definitely back up Smothers the rest of the season however to completely send him packing at the end of the year is foolish like I said in another post not all players come in ready to rock ‘n’ roll on day one.
He has no arm strength. I'm not sure how that's going to change with time.

He has no arm strength. I'm not sure how that's going to change with time.
Maybe nothing changes with time but giving up on the freshman is ridiculous. If he still has all of the same problems at the end of next year and is second or third string then yeah move on.

Maybe nothing changes with time but giving up on the freshman is ridiculous. If he still has all of the same problems at the end of next year and is second or third string then yeah move on.
Is this Chubba's mom? He's actually a 3rd year freshman, so calling him a freshman is disingenuous at best. FSU let him go for a reason.

Holy shit. Smothers cant be worse.
give him a break. he's a young guy who's doing his best in a tough situation. Young guys gotta struggle many times before they improve.

Reminds me a lot of Will Howard last yr. at KSU...and then look at him this season....very good player.

I think the problem with Purdy is in his head. He's probably a good QB during practice but the can't deliver the same level of performance in a real game. The ESPN announcers even alluded to the coaches saying before the game that Purdy is too nervous when he's on the field. I think years ago we had a QB named Green with the same issue. Coaches kept wanting to play him because of his performance at practice but he could never deliver it during a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT