ADVERTISEMENT

Screw Job

cubsker

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
May 29, 2003
I've seen some shady shit following our team, but that last drive in the Tulsa ECU game is probably the worst I've ever seen.

PI 5 seconds late on 4th down
Obvious fumble ruled correctly on field and then reversed by replay.
4th down pass that hit the ground reviewed and upheld as complete.

Should be an investigation into that crew, especially the replay guy.

Covid rules dictate officiating crews are regional and not necessarily familiar with each other. It's likely, these officials, and the dude in the booth. had very little D1 experience.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Pretty apparent officiating gets worse each season not better. The more tools in the bag the officials have, the more mistakes they make.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Every year the replay gets worse and worse. Too many games stopped and many replays are not right. I have never liked it, replay ruins the game.
I agree it does seem that every year the officiating seems to get worse not better... I don’t know how much I agree with not liking the replay option though, that’s like the BIG way of thinking there, once the rule (call on the field) is made, there is no going back, no matter how wrong we are with it... does that sound familiar? Review is a great feature to have as long as it’s used properly, last night by the sounds of it, it wasn’t and it was a big waste to have it...

Pretty apparent officiating gets worse each season not better. The more tools in the bag the officials have, the more mistakes they make.
all of the replays and video refinement make the mistakes more evident, I seem to remember a NU vs OU game where a returner from OU was unconscious while still 5 feet off the ground.....where the ball was bouncing. The ECU Tulsa debacle was bad enough the the conference admitted a mistake today. Too late of ECU.

Reactions: rrthusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT