ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost sighting

Did he look like this:

scott-frost.jpg

;)

I am 65 percent sure I just saw Scott Frost at a Rally’s in Phoenix. It was hard to tell but whoever it was looked exactly like him. I didn’t want to ask for an autograph as I don’t have my glasses on.
65 percent of the time, it works all the time.

Reactions: headcard
I am 65 percent sure I just saw Scott Frost at a Rally’s in Phoenix. It was hard to tell but whoever it was looked exactly like him. I didn’t want to ask for an autograph as I don’t have my gl
I find it interesting one of your first thoughts was whether to get an autograph. I've been around a lot of professional athletes and a few celebrities, and I have zero autographs. Just don't see the point in asking anyone for an autograph.

I find it interesting one of your first thoughts was whether to get an autograph. I've been around a lot of professional athletes and a few celebrities, and I have zero autographs. Just don't see the point in asking anyone for an autograph.
Autographs can be worth millions of dollars.

Not when you adjust for hype

Bill Jennings wasnt NCOTY prior to his arrival
I think collective ignorance explains why Scott was viewed so highly. UCF was winless in 2015 but won 9 games in 2014 and won a BCS game in 2013. They were a very successful program for years before Scott got there with one year where their coach just aged out and gave up. Certain programs in non-power 5 conferences have talent advantages...Cincinnati and UCF being two that will always be situated in position to scoop up more talent their other teams on their schedules. Scott had more NFL talent on his roster in two years at UCF than he was able to muster in 4 at Nebraska, he had a soft schedule where he played very few decent power 5 teams, and he is a good offensive game-planner, something that is effective in lower conferences. These facts were obvious but what was also obvious was NU needed a new coach and there wasn't necessarily a better option. This is why timing and talent has to line up and getting the right guy is generally a crapshoot for non-elite programs.

Reactions: moralvictories
I think collective ignorance explains why Scott was viewed so highly. UCF was winless in 2015 but won 9 games in 2014 and won a BCS game in 2013. They were a very successful program for years before Scott got there with one year where their coach just aged out and gave up. Certain programs in non-power 5 conferences have talent advantages...Cincinnati and UCF being two that will always be situated in position to scoop up more talent their other teams on their schedules. Scott had more NFL talent on his roster in two years at UCF than he was able to muster in 4 at Nebraska, he had a soft schedule where he played very few decent power 5 teams, and he is a good offensive game-planner, something that is effective in lower conferences. These facts were obvious but what was also obvious was NU needed a new coach and there wasn't necessarily a better option. This is why timing and talent has to line up and getting the right guy is generally a crapshoot for non-elite programs.
this post brought to us by hindsight

hindsight: never be wrong again

At least Jennings had a landmark victory when he ended OU’s 74 game conference win streak. That alone makes him less of a failure than Frost.
True. However, his win loss percentage was actually lower than Scott Frost's.

this post brought to us by hindsight

hindsight: never be wrong again
I remember being really excited that everything came together with Scott, like being able to predict his hiring 3 years out when MR was hired. It seemed perfect that MR was old and bad and there was no way he would get a 2nd contract while Scott was able to practice his craft at a lower level program. Then Scott hit a perfect season just as MR flamed out with the worst season, but these things covered risks and flaws and the fact Scott didn't have to build the program, didn't complete a recruiting cycle, and didn't have to develop competent coaches in all three phases. Everybody overlooked warning signs like Scott saying that his coaches would get time off to be with their families and they wouldn't live at the stadium. He basically said he would make 5+ million but focus on work life balance. And this became the biggest issue, him and his staff coached like they were at UCF. He fully understood the consequences. He was going to hunt, party, and live his life like he wanted, make 20-30 million and the worst case scenario...he couldn't come back to Nebraska. I call that a good trade.

I remember being really excited that everything came together with Scott, like being able to predict his hiring 3 years out when MR was hired. It seemed perfect that MR was old and bad and there was no way he would get a 2nd contract while Scott was able to practice his craft at a lower level program. Then Scott hit a perfect season just as MR flamed out with the worst season, but these things covered risks and flaws and the fact Scott didn't have to build the program, didn't complete a recruiting cycle, and didn't have to develop competent coaches in all three phases. Everybody overlooked warning signs like Scott saying that his coaches would get time off to be with their families and they wouldn't live at the stadium. He basically said he would make 5+ million but focus on work life balance. And this became the biggest issue, him and his staff coached like they were at UCF. He fully understood the consequences. He was going to hunt, party, and live his life like he wanted, make 20-30 million and the worst case scenario...he couldn't come back to Nebraska. I call that a good trade.
Fvck you Scott and your sock puppet.

Didn’t he coach one of those high school all star games?

I am 65 percent sure I just saw Scott Frost at a Rally’s in Phoenix. It was hard to tell but whoever it was looked exactly like him. I didn’t want to ask for an autograph as I don’t have my glasses on.
Autograph? Why?

Only 2nd biggest failure to walk the Nebraska sidelines. Bill Jennings was a bigger failure.
Debatable. Frost took over a historic blue blood program with nearly unlimited resources and support, yet still f*cked it up. Jennings took over a program that was not above .500 for 20 years prior.

Only 2nd biggest failure to walk the Nebraska sidelines. Bill Jennings was a bigger failure.
Bill Jennings may have had bigger failure record wise but Frost really deserves biggest failure award!

Why? Frost was born, raised, and played here. He understood the culture and should have designed an Offense with a bread and butter play that could at least get a yard on 3rd and 4th down instead of stall out. He could have found a way to get at least one winning season…at least one! At least Bill Jennings had a significant win…twice actually! In 1959 He ended Oklahoma’s 74 game conference streak and followed it up with another win against OU in 1960.

What was Frost’s most significant win here? Yeah…Frost is really the biggest failure to ever grace the sidelines as NU Head Coach!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT