ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost is the 2nd worst coach in our history

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
Too bad too. I liked the guy as a former player and Nebraskan. I had high hopes for him.

Everyone—fans, administrators, recruits, opponents, commentators—know how this is going to end.

The guy who said Callahan turned the program from the Taj Mahal to 3 bedroom ranch will end his career here as our 2nd worst coach ever.

I doubt even 20 million dollars can wash that stench off.

Note: Will base on coaches with minimum 3 seasons.

Last edited:
Too bad too. I liked the guy as a former player and Nebraskan. I had high hopes for him.

Everyone—fans, administrators, recruits, opponents, commentators—know how this is going to end.

The guy who said Callahan turned the program from the Taj Mahal to 3 bedroom ranch will end his career here as our worst coach ever.

Bill Jennings

The guy who said Callahan turned the program from the Taj Mahal to 3 bedroom ranch will end his career here as our worst coach ever.

I agree. $20 mil doesn’t take away the embarrassment you feel coming back to your home state to see family or hunt. The guy won’t be able to stop at a Casey’s without people looking at him as the guy who took a program at its bottom and somehow found a way to dig it much, much deeper.

SF will end up with .340 winning percentage if Nebraska losses it’s last 3 games..

Bernie Masterson and Bill Jennings would still have worse winning percentage’s than Frost.

Masterson was .278 from 1946-1948 and Jennings was .310 from 1957-61.

SF will end up with .340 winning percentage if Nebraska losses it’s last 3 games..

Bernie Masterson and Bill Jennings would still have worse winning percentage’s than Frost.

Point taken, but Masterson only coached 18 games. Jennings and Frost will both have had at least 4 seasons.

I think in a worse failure if you are given that much time and keep failing.

At least Jennings beat a great OU team. Frost hasn't beaten any team with a pulse.

At least Jennings beat a great OU team. Frost hasn't beaten any team with a pulse.

So an argument can still be made for Frost being our worst coach ever. Not a conversation he wants to be in.

Frost has done a lot less with a lot more. When you factor in all the advantages he has over what Jennings had (tradition, facilities, fan support, resources, etc) it makes his record all the more damning.
I think this statement is fair, I was merely going by winning percentage..
Riley teams had a .500 record with the help of winning 9 games but I still think SF teams have been better and would have had he hired a special teams coach and found another adequate QB…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT