ADVERTISEMENT

So long, Scott.

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
"We'll see how this first year goes, but people better get us now because we're going to keep getting better and better."
RollingLaughSick

Part of me will miss Scott Frost. I am torn between the quote above and the one about Joe Burrow (“You think he’s better than what we got?”) for my favorite. There will never be another coach with bluster like his.

As we close this era, I would reflect on another famous Scott Frost quote. He once said that Callahan had taken our program from the Taj Mahal to a 3 bedroom ranch. After last night, I can only conclude that we are now living with Chris Farley’s character in a van down by the river.Laughing

Adios, Scott.

"We'll see how this first year goes, but people better get us now because we're going to keep getting better and better."
RollingLaughSick

Part of me will miss Scott Frost. I am torn between the quote above and the one about Joe Burrow (“You think he’s better than what we got?”) for my favorite. There will never be another coach with bluster like his.

As we close this era, I would reflect on another famous Scott Frost quote. He once said that Callahan had taken our program from the Taj Mahal to a 3 bedroom ranch. After last night, I can only conclude that we are now living with Chris Farley’s character in a van down by the river.Laughing

Adios, Scott.
People with a lot of pride and arrogance will take the biggest fall.

Frost is very much that way and not unlike a lot of people in this world.

I don’t hate the guy and wanted him to succeed but the bottom line is he was never a good head coach here, never worked hard enough on the details, and never had the team prepared to play on game day. That is his own undoing. When you make ridiculous, boisterous remarks, it usually come back to bite you when you can’t back it up on game day.

I don’t hate the guy and wanted him to succeed but the bottom line is he was never a good head coach here, never worked hard enough on the details, and never had the team prepared to play on game day. That is his own undoing. When you make ridiculous, boisterous remarks, it usually come back to bite you when you can’t back it up on game day.
A lot of his downfall was that he underestimated how tough the B1G really is. He thought that he could do the same things that worked against the lesser opponents in the AAC and he was proven wrong.

It was like he soaked up all the hype and fanfare and then forgot he actually had a job to do. It wasn’t going to magically happen through some mystical Nebraska way power.

He just didn’t get it done. On the field, in the press, in recruiting, coaching staff, on field execution, 2nd half adjustment, etc… Frankly, he hasn’t done anything well for over 4 years. So absurd that it has went on this long. Embarrassing.

Last edited:
Bill Jennings coached an unknown team with no history and little talent. SF had multiple top 20 recruiting classes, a massive fan base and all the support he needed. It isn’t even close, Frost is by far the worst coach we’ve had.
I agree.

That’s his legacy: our worst coach ever.

He clearly pissed some powerful people off for them not to wait at least a few weeks to can him and save millions.

I remember that people were so enamored with the guy that I got temporarily banned on here for criticizing his meritless extension. Crazy.

Last edited:
I agree.

He clearly pissed some powerful people for them not to wait at least a few weeks to can him.

I remember that people were so enamored with the guy that I got temporarily banned on here for criticizing his meritless extension. Crazy.
Yup. Ran off a bunch of truth tellers, with good info. All because of the Frosturbators

I agree.

He clearly pissed some powerful people off for them not to wait at least a few weeks to can him and save millions.

I was all in on his hire. Soured after the first few games. He should have been gone at the end of 3rd season at least. The extension was just insane, participation trophy thinking.

Frost's fallback saying in his first couple of years was "this staff hasn't forgotten how to coach.". That might have been the most accurate thing he said over his 4+ years - they never knew how to coach to begin with.

Reactions: huntered
Yup. Ran off a bunch of truth tellers, with good info. All because of the Frosturbators
There should be a memorial or moment of silence for all the good posters we lost for pointing out the obvious after year 2

the Frosties and self appointed board police were quick to pounce and question your Husker fandom if you dared to question the messiah

I agree.

Maybe those powerful people made Trev throw their boy Frost a bone with the extra 7 million knowing the end was inevitable. Just a thought.

RollingLaughSick

Adios, Scott.
Anyone feeling sorry for Scottie-boy today needs to read these quotes.

Good riddance to the man-child and his douchebag chaw buddies.

Do you think he is our worst ever? Is that his legacy? Who was worse?

Didn’t Bill Jennings at least upset Oklahoma?
Jennings also upset Texas on the road and beat both Penn State and No. 14 Pitt In 1958.

Frost is more like Bernie Masterson, the former NU QB who went 5-13 in two seasons before getting canned.

Reactions: scarletred
Do you think he is our worst ever? Is that his legacy? Who was worse?

Didn’t Bill Jennings at least upset Oklahoma?
In the modern football era Frost may have been the worst head coach ever at a blue blood program

the floor is open for other nominations

Reactions: solarpanels
RollingLaughSick

Adios, Scott.
I guess the next stop would a dodge neon in a Wal-Mart parking lot. . .

I feel bad for Scott, I don't think he really wanted to be at NU. He was initially hesitant but the enormous pressure from fans, alumni, and former players to restore the program after Mike Riley. I went to the Oregon game in Oregon and many fans there said Frost wouldn't go back to NU because he still had bad feelings with how the fans treated him in 96. He should have stuck to his gut

Pressure and his ego probably thought he could turn nu into a contender.

I feel bad for Scott, I don't think he really wanted to be at NU. He was initially hesitant but the enormous pressure from fans, alumni, and former players to restore the program after Mike Riley. I went to the Oregon game in Oregon and many fans there said Frost wouldn't go back to NU because he still had bad feelings with how the fans treated him in 96. He should have stuck to his gut

If he's still upset about how he was treated in '96, he has some problems.

Reactions: dand84

It’s unfortunate it didn’t work out but don’t feel too sorry. He was well compensated here.

Reactions: solarpanels
I don't really blame him for the Callahan quote. Frost won a national title as a player. It probably hurt him deeply to see what him and others had built being destroyed. 10 years after Frost left Nebraska, Callahan had clearly failed as the Husker coach.

As for him as a coach, he might be the worst 4th quarter coach in college football history. Usually close games are a toss up where you hope your team can make the plays to win. With Frost, it was pretty much guaranteed a close game was a loss.

And yes, the extension was super idiotic. Don't give a guy an extension unless he has proven something. What was even the point of it? Was Frost threatening to leave? It made zero sense at that point.

I don't really blame him for the Callahan quote. Frost won a national title as a player. It probably hurt him deeply to see what him and others had built being destroyed. 10 years after Frost left Nebraska, Callahan had clearly failed as the Husker coach.

As for him as a coach, he might be the worst 4th quarter coach in college football history. Usually close games are a toss up where you hope your team can make the plays to win. With Frost, it was pretty much guaranteed a close game was a loss.

And yes, the extension was super idiotic. Don't give a guy an extension unless he has proven something. What was even the point of it? Was Frost threatening to leave? It made zero sense at that point.
Callahan's "failures" included going 8-4 with a win over Michigan in the Alamo Bowl and going 9-5 and playing in the Big 12 championship game. We would be happy to have that level of success now.

Callahan's "failures" included going 8-4 with a win over Michigan in the Alamo Bowl and going 9-5 and playing in the Big 12 championship game. We would be happy to have that level of success now.
His last year was the reason why and Cosgrove was the other reason..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT