ADVERTISEMENT

Scoring on MSU

westcliffe

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 17, 2006
The most points MSU has given up was 29 against NW. Michigan put up 21 and OSU scored 26. I think we have to put at least 35 on the board to win. I’m not sure we can do that against MSU. Of course, MSU hasn’t faced an offense like ours with a mobile QB.

The most points MSU has given up was 29 against NW. Michigan put up 21 and OSU scored 26. I think we have to put at least 35 on the board to win. I’m not sure we can do that against MSU. Of course, MSU hasn’t faced an offense like ours with a mobile QB.
I'm not sure you'll need 35 to win. Their defense is rock solid - their offense is putrid. Thinking 24 might be enough.

Reactions: SkerInCo and 9and4
I'm not sure you'll need 35 to win. Their defense is rock solid - their offense is putrid. Thinking 24 might be enough.

about how I think about it. The offenses could cough the ball up and make some mistakes to boost it, but I don't think their D is going to give up much.. fortunately, their O isn't going to score much.

Comes down to us not making mistakes on O and Special teams

And MSU spotted Bucknuts 9 points on a fumble in the end zone for a TD and a snap over the punters head in the end zone...

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
Sparty lost their chance for NY 6 bowl yesterday and the team may be frustrated by Dantonio's decision to play musical chairs at QB.

You get them at the right time in your house (they are now playing for pride, maybe playing for pride) , if Nebraska jumps on Sparty with some offensive success (2 TD's) they may just give up.

Their QB's (Lewerke is hurt, Rocky Lombardi is not good) are a weak spot at this time.

I said a couple weeks ago that we had the best offense in the conference. Nothing I've seen since has changed my mind. It's prove it time these next two weeks.

Sparty lost their chance for NY 6 bowl yesterday and the team may be frustrated by Dantonio's decision to play musical chairs at QB.

You get them at the right time in your house (they are now playing for pride, maybe playing for pride) , if Nebraska jumps on Sparty with some offensive success (2 TD's) they may just give up.

Their QB's (Lewerke is hurt, Rocky Lombardi is not good) are a weak spot at this time.
Don't overestimate our defense, lol.

about how I think about it. The offenses could cough the ball up and make some mistakes to boost it, but I don't think their D is going to give up much.. fortunately, their O isn't going to score much.

Comes down to us not making mistakes on O and Special teams
Ummm this is our D we are talking about. It wouldn't surprise me to see them get 25- 30 range.

Yeah - I'm worried about MSU grinding out drive after drive against the NU defense. Whatever ails an opposing offensive is irrelevant against the NU defense.
Yep, I have no doubt there are a few high school teams in our own state that could get a couple Tds on our D. MSU will get at least 3 or 4

Reactions: Husker4real
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT