ADVERTISEMENT

Positives From Yesterday

mavsker

Sophomore
Jun 12, 2020
gbr tbh imo nfm
since theres some negativity here I wanted to post my take aways as to what the many positives were after our game yesterday against ND

1. There is clearly still a TON of fan support. What I can say being at the game yesterday is I haven't felt as much buzz in Lincoln since the michigan game last year. The parking lot I park at when I arrive there is usually space, this year I arrived even earlier than usual and NO SPACE AT ALL, even though I was even earlier to the game than usual when I can find a space. That left me thinking....it's gonna be packed at Memorial! Which it was. People in real life (not on message boards like this one) havent given up on the season AT ALL.

2. It was gorgeous football weather yesterday in Lincoln Nebraska. What an atmosphere!

3. We won a dogfight. Think about the last time that happened? Usually what we see when this team gets into a dog fight is they sometimes dont come out on top. Yesterday they did and in a big way. We made some great second half adjustments and scored 21 unanswered points to make people who doubted this team in the first half wonder why they ever doubted.

4. Anthony Grant is a STUD! OL was opening up holes for him but even when they didnt from time to time grant would find a hole, or MAKE A HOLE.

5. Special teams. Our punter is amazing and our kickoffs were not returnable.

6. Scoring Defense - ND was only held to 17 or fewer points three times last year and only once in the season prior

7. Scoring Offense - NEB only scored 38 or more points twice last year and zero times in the season prior. ND only allowed 38 points once last year and it was to....UTAH STATE who went 11-3 including wins over Oregon State Beaver and a win over ranked San Diego State, 46-13!

8. Momentum - cant be under stated how important momentum is in the college game. were not on a losing streak any more but rather we are now on a winning streak which should continue after next week as well

9. Need I go on? Far more positives to take away from this one than negatives. Go Big Red!

6. Special Teams- in 2 games we have yet to attempt to return a punt. Sure most of our returns have had too much traffic for the return. But not all. I’ve seen a couple where returners had plenty of pace to try to do something but yet he’s calling for a fair catch like he’s catching a pop fly. And we’ve seen this under Frost since he’s been here. He obviously doesn’t value a punt returns. And we wonder why he doesn’t win games

Also we missed an easy FG. It’s much easier to kick FGs in front of 30k then it is in front of 85k and also on TV. Spare me the FCS kicker of the year talk. It means nothing

Lastly can you please stop pumping Frost. You did it last week and you’re doing it this week. We didn’t beat Bama yesterday. We struggled against an FCS team that’s pretty average. This isn’t the same team they were last year. Noticed they didn’t get one vote in the FCS ranking. Not one. You are only fooling yourself at this point and look like a moron. There is no evidence that Frost is doing a good job. Stop acting like he is

6. Special Teams- in 2 games we have yet to attempt to return a punt. Sure most of our returns have had too much traffic for the return. But not all. I’ve seen a couple where returners had plenty of pace to try to do something but yet he’s calling for a fair catch like he’s catching a pop fly. And we’ve seen this under Frost since he’s been here. He obviously doesn’t value a punt returns. And we wonder why he doesn’t win games

Also we missed an easy FG. It’s much easier to kick FGs in front of 30k then it is in front of 85k and also on TV. Spare me the FCS kicker of the year talk. It means nothing

Lastly can you please stop pumping Frost. You did it last week and you’re doing it this week. We didn’t beat Bama yesterday. We struggled against an FCS team that’s pretty average. This isn’t the same team they were last year. Noticed they didn’t get one vote in the FCS ranking. Not one. You are only fooling yourself at this point and look like a moron. There is no evidence that Frost is doing a good job. Stop acting like he is
I didnt even mention frost once!

since theres some negativity here I wanted to post my take aways as to what the many positives were after our game yesterday against ND

1. There is clearly still a TON of fan support. What I can say being at the game yesterday is I haven't felt as much buzz in Lincoln since the michigan game last year. The parking lot I park at when I arrive there is usually space, this year I arrived even earlier than usual and NO SPACE AT ALL, even though I was even earlier to the game than usual when I can find a space. That left me thinking....it's gonna be packed at Memorial! Which it was. People in real life (not on message boards like this one) havent given up on the season AT ALL.

2. It was gorgeous football weather yesterday in Lincoln Nebraska. What an atmosphere!

3. We won a dogfight. Think about the last time that happened? Usually what we see when this team gets into a dog fight is they sometimes dont come out on top. Yesterday they did and in a big way. We made some great second half adjustments and scored 21 unanswered points to make people who doubted this team in the first half wonder why they ever doubted.

4. Anthony Grant is a STUD! OL was opening up holes for him but even when they didnt from time to time grant would find a hole, or MAKE A HOLE.

6. Scoring Defense - ND was only held to 17 or fewer points three times last year and only once in the season prior

7. Scoring Offense - NEB only scored 38 or more points twice last year and zero times in the season prior. ND only allowed 38 points once last year and it was to....UTAH STATE who went 11-3 including wins over Oregon State Beaver and a win over ranked San Diego State, 46-13!

8. Momentum - cant be under stated how important momentum is in the college game. were not on a losing streak any more but rather we are now on a winning streak which should continue after next week as well

9. Need I go on? Far more positives to take away from this one than negatives. Go Big Red!
3. We won a dog fight against an FCS team. There are just as many doubts as ever.

7. That same Utah State team that Alabama led 41-0 at halftime yesterday?

8. ONE in a row is not a winning streak.

Even though what you write is nonsense, you're at least making it readable with some punctuation and paragraphs. So, there's that.

You haven’t been trying to claim Frost needs more time or is the right man for the job all week? Do we need to fact check you
why are you bringing that up in this post about positives where I didnt mention frost once? fact check that!

is it so hard for you to hear that there might be some positives to take away from yesterday that you have to butt in and turn it negatives? if your gonna be negative go to another thread!

3. We won a dog fight against an FCS team. There are just as many doubts as ever.

Even though what you write is nonsense, you're at least making it readable with some punctuation and paragraphs. So, there's that.
7 thats this years Utah state team, its not the "same team" idk how good they are this year but they were very good last year.

thanks for the positive comments about my punctuation and paragraphs ive been working on that!

7 thats this years Utah state team, its not the "same team" idk how good they are this year but they were very good last year.

thanks for the positive comments about my punctuation and paragraphs ive been working on that!
Bama would have rolled Utah State by 50 last year too. You're talking men against boys.

why are you bringing that up in this post about positives where I didnt mention frost once? fact check that!

is it so hard for you to hear that there might be some positives to take away from yesterday that you have to butt in and turn it negatives? if your gonna be negative go to another thread!
So you aren’t in implying that those positives are attributed to Frost? So I’ve got you on the record for that then, right? You won’t be stating NDU “win” as proof Frost needs more time then?

This account has been hacked.
Complete sentences, punctuation, spelling correct.

You are a poor troll. Go away; along with your drooping cock-wattle avatar.

Troll Alert.

I noticed some of your positives had nothing to do with the play on the field.

You’re giving the defense too much credit. They could not get off the field in the first half. ND had possession for more than 20 minutes of the first half. Nebraska needed to dominate that game from start to finish in order to feel good about the game. They didn’t even come close to that

Now, there are definitely some bright spots. Grant is a beast. Trey Palmer is a game-changer. There are other skill position players that have to be accounted for that should allow those two to flourish. The question is whether this staff can figure out how to take advantage of the gifts those two possess.

You and I must have watched or attended 2 different games. Parking lot I park in wasn't crowded and we got stadium later than I like.

BEAUTIFUL day yes.

Stadium atmosphere was the poorest for any season home opener I've ever attended.

Grant is good and it wasn't because of holes by o line. He got good when he lost all faith in blocking and took matters into his own hands and after Thompson ran a couple times to make d respect zone read.

Special teams were disappointing. Missed fg. Very few return attempts and buschini would have gotten an A if he would have gotten a better punt into the wind. UND punter got a 60 yarder I believe.

People I overheard as we left the stadium were very concerned to pissed. There was "a win is a win" sentiment but most cut their w/l projections from 8 to 10 to 2 to 4.

If you think kicking a 30-40 yd field goal in a 20 miles hour cross wind is easy you have no knowledge of the game.

Reactions: mavsker
You and I must have watched or attended 2 different games. Parking lot I park in wasn't crowded and we got stadium later than I like.

BEAUTIFUL day yes.

Stadium atmosphere was the poorest for any season home opener I've ever attended.

Grant is good and it wasn't because of holes by o line. He got good when he lost all faith in blocking and took matters into his own hands and after Thompson ran a couple times to make d respect zone read.

Special teams were disappointing. Missed fg. Very few return attempts and buschini would have gotten an A if he would have gotten a better punt into the wind. UND punter got a 60 yarder I believe.

People I overheard as we left the stadium were very concerned to pissed. There was "a win is a win" sentiment but most cut their w/l projections from 8 to 10 to 2 to 4.

It came across as poor on TV.

If you think kicking a 30-40 yd field goal in a 20 miles hour cross wind is easy you have no knowledge of the game.
I wouldn't call it a cross wind as it was straight from the north. Swirling in the stadium? Perhaps.

But heck, the guy that tried to kick the FNBO 30 yard field goal had the length. Just too low. 😉

I think the rb, qb, washington and palmer are solid players..
we got a good feild goal kicker.
the rest of them I reserve judgement on, to see how they pan out..like some maybe good but others make them look bad cause they ain't doing their job.
but them 5 I mentioned seem to stand out

Add: We were willing to run it a dozen times or so in a row!!

I came away with 2 positives yesterday. #1 we won which the players needed #2 we’re 1 week closer to Frost being gone. That’s it otherwise I’m still feeling ashamed of what we’ve become.

Lastly can you please stop pumping Frost. You did it last week and you’re doing it this week. We didn’t beat Bama yesterday. We struggled against an FCS team that’s pretty average. This isn’t the same team they were last year. Noticed they didn’t get one vote in the FCS ranking. Not one. You are only fooling yourself at this point and look like a moron. There is no evidence that Frost is doing a good job. Stop acting like he
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Don't be so F-ing rude!

Reactions: mavsker

Doesn't he have the right to pump whoever he wants on this board?

Looks like you picked the wrong week to stop drinking. **insert Airplane movie pic, here**

Please do go on booster!

A so-so win is always better than a super impressive loss.

But as far as #6 special teams, the field goal kicker missed a chip shot (around 40 yards?), right?
I would feel much better about this team losing by 3 to OSU when compared to yesterdays win.

ADVERTISEMENT