ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield: A Look Inside the Numbers - Turnovers

Here's something even you can get.

Nebraska has been a turnover machine the past 20 years. What position on the field was responsible for the majority of these turnovers?

This just may help you find the common denominator.
yea, I know.

the players' performance on the field is not the responsibility of the coaches.

you've made that clear.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
yea, I know.

the players' performance on the field is not the responsibility of the coaches.

you've made that clear.
not as much when it is a coach's first year with a roster.

I also don't blame Tim Beck for Taylor Martinez leading the nation in fumbles and fumbles lost in 2011 and 2012.

Last edited:
Plenty. But we both know I was posting a generality and not that I was paying a coach. You don’t pay someone to make excuses, ever. You pay for results
so you don't pay their salaries. You just wish you did so you could punish them for not making you happy.

Reactions: meo1960
Ah yes. Wishful thinking on my part to think Satt’s play calling can change
Would better execution make Satss "play calling" better? Or would just better "play calling" solve all the problems? What plays would be better? I really do want to know. If it is just a positive play is a good play call and a negative play is a bad call, that doesn't tell me much.

Forget solving it, I don't think anybody has even understood it or explained it yet. Why have we turned the ball over so much across decades, coaches, players, schemes, etc?
It coincides with the move away from a power running team, having yearly stud OLines and a defense that created turnovers. I think Rhule knows we need the OLine. Hoping next year we start to see that improve. Open some holes, get our backs rolling, opens up the throwing lanes, defense take another step forward.

not as much when it is a coach's first year with a roster.

I also don't blame Tim Beck for Taylor Martinez leading the nation in fumbles and fumbles lost in 2011 and 2012.
Fumbles lost stat:

2011 - 45th
2012 - 120th

Good to see you’re not above making up stats 🤣🤣

Only Satt was able to pull off worst team in America in turnovers in year one. Quite an epic accomplishment when you think about

While it was not with Satterfield, we had Amart for 4 years, and it was like a brand new qb every year.

Some just do not have what is necessary regardless the experience in system. In this instance I believe Satterfield is the weak link in the chain of improvement.
You need continuity on the offensive side, we don’t have that. I think 100% the o-line showed lots of improvement over the last half of the season, that should lead to some better consistency next year. Personally I don’t care for Satterfield but Frost had consistency for five years where did that take us. Give Satterfield another year, if there is a strategy there we’ll be okay. But for Satterfield, no bowl game next year he’s gone. Under Osborne or Solich, Adrian Martinez would have been a Hiesman candidate, because they actually had an offensive strategy.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
You need continuity on the offensive side, we don’t have that. I think 100% the o-line showed lots of improvement over the last half of the season, that should lead to some better consistency next year. Personally I don’t care for Satterfield but Frost had consistency for five years where did that take us. Give Satterfield another year, if there is a strategy there we’ll be okay. But for Satterfield, no bowl game next year he’s gone. Under Osborne or Solich, Adrian Martinez would have been a Hiesman candidate, because they actually had an offensive strategy.
Frost went through 3 OCs.

Would better execution make Satss "play calling" better? Or would just better "play calling" solve all the problems? What plays would be better? I really do want to know. If it is just a positive play is a good play call and a negative play is a bad call, that doesn't tell me much.
I know you love to blame 21 year olds over multi millionaire coaches, but it’s on the coaches to properly prepare their players and put them in position to succeed. But carry on thinking Satt is awesome and all the teams he’s been an OC for have turned the ball over at an alarming rate is the player’s fault .. not Satt.

You sir .. are no tru(sic) Husker

Reactions: c3o
Should they have started the 4th string QB this year after they all turned the ball over?
No, he literally needed to call plays his QBs were capable of performing. Or committing to the run game as Rhule claimed he wanted. Discipline is limited to benching players.

Reactions: Bruce1981
I guess that's what I am for trying to reason with the mob.
Continue to have a hissy fit.
Please.. you’re the mob. You have gotten really weird over the past week.. maybe related to a Satt or something. Odd behavior .

Facts and statistics don’t care about your feelings.

Reactions: Dylman
No, he literally needed to call plays his QBs were capable of performing. Or committing to the run game as Rhule claimed he wanted. Discipline is limited to benching players.
They did commit to the running game as much as they could with a lack of a passing threat and beat up line.

You are operating from a lack of information

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Please.. you’re the mob. You have gotten really weird over the past week.. maybe related to a Satt or something. Odd behavior .

Facts and statistics don’t care about your feelings.
Nah. I saw grown children have meltdowns for months like little bitches and they went full retard after Iowa. You hate any dissenting views and that is why asking simple questions gets you pissed off. You don't know what you are talking about. You are a douche bag. Poor kid.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Nah. I saw grown children have meltdowns for months like little bitches and they went full retard after Iowa. You hate any dissenting views and that is why asking simple questions gets you pissed off. You don't know what you are talking about. You are a douche bag. Poor kid.
Numbers and stats are so scary. I know. I’ll call Tampa a douche bag. That will get him 🤣. Oh brother.. this is why you were slinging tacos on Black Friday

• Haha
Reactions: Landomatic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT