ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield: A Look Inside the Numbers - Turnovers

TampaBaySkers

Athletic Director
Oct 30, 2010
A Satterfield coached team averages (mean) 98th ranking in turnovers per game.

Here are 2024 probabilities for a Satterfield coached offense (turnover team rank)

Turnovers per game - Team Rank
98th or worse - 50% probability
63rd - 97th - 34%
28th - 62nd - 13.5%
27th or better - 2.5%

87dyvy.jpg

A Satterfield coached team averages (mean) 98th ranking in turnovers per game.

Here are 2024 probabilities for a Satterfield coached offense (turnover team rank)

Turnovers per game - Team Rank
98th or worse - 50% probability
63rd - 97th - 34%
28th - 62nd - 13.5%
27th or better - 2.5%

87dyvy.jpg
Now run Spencer Rattler and Jeff Sims. Rattler was benched at OU because of how many times he turned the ball over.

I’ll be very surprised if we make a bowl next year. This program is just flat out bad with many, including myself, living in denial thinking we will be a decent team any time soon

I’ll be very surprised if we make a bowl next year. This program is just flat out bad with many, including myself, living in denial thinking we will be a decent team any time soon
Some of Satterfield’s issue is that he keeps having to start over at QB. Playing in the same system for the same OC is a big deal for a college QB. Sims was a disaster. Haarberg lacks passing game tools. Rattler wasn’t great at OU with outstanding talent around him. He gets another year with Purdy to see if he can change the narrative.

Some of Satterfield’s issue is that he keeps having to start over at QB. Playing in the same system for the same OC is a big deal for a college QB. Sims was a disaster. Haarberg lacks passing game tools. Rattler wasn’t great at OU with outstanding talent around him. He gets another year with Purdy to see if he can change the narrative.
While it was not with Satterfield, we had Amart for 4 years, and it was like a brand new qb every year.

Some just do not have what is necessary regardless the experience in system. In this instance I believe Satterfield is the weak link in the chain of improvement.

While it was not with Satterfield, we had Amart for 4 years, and it was like a brand new qb every year.

Some just do not have what is necessary regardless the experience in system. In this instance I believe Satterfield is the weak link in the chain of improvement.
Might be.

He gets another year with Purdy to see if he can change the narrative.
which narrative?

that satt leads inept, turnover prone offenses?

or that purdy has played college football for 4 years with nary a win to show for it?

I know I know - tons of OCs all of a sudden produce at levels they've never produced at in 10 years and there is a tremendously long list of good QBs who didn't win a single game until their 5th year in school

You either have it or you don’t. And I don’t pay a guy to make excuses

what was the reason nebraska turned the ball over 34 times in 2013?
why do you think with regards to 2013?

any working theories you'd like to share about last year?

any ideas why all these turnovers follow satterfield around?

curious to hear your thoughts.

And where did you find those probabilities?
I used excel to figure out standard deviation based on Satt’s historical data as an OC. Don’t they teach economics/statistics in school anymore, or is school just a place you decide which gender you feel like today.

I was actually pleasantly surprised that Satt has a 13% ish chance he can improve us by 100 spots. This would lead to at least two more wins even with our more difficult schedule

I used excel to figure out standard deviation based on Satt’s historical data as an OC. Don’t they teach economics/statistics in school anymore, or is school just a place you decide which gender you feel like today.

I was actually pleasantly surprised that Satt has a 13% ish chance he can improve us by 100 spots. This would lead to at least two more wins even with our more difficult schedule
The problem of course is that your model assumes all other surrounding variables are equal which of course is not true.

why do you think with regards to 2013?

any working theories you'd like to share about last year?

any ideas why all these turnovers follow satterfield around?

curious to hear your thoughts.
Those are good questions worth inspecting. The problem is people like you can't or won't because that would take effort.

Who needs to pay analysts when we have message board people saying to just call the plays that succeed?

Those are good questions worth inspecting. The problem is people like you can't or won't because that would take effort.

Who needs to pay analysts when we have message board people saying to just call the plays that succeed?
then why doesn't an intelligent person like you do it?

then why doesn't an intelligent person like you do it?
I'm not the one making claims like you every day when you don't have the information or ability to analyze it.

I'm a wait and see approach, the logical approach.

I'm not the one making claims like you every day when you don't have the information or ability to analyze it.

I'm a wait and see approach, the logical approach.
every time it rains, I get wet

every time satt calls plays, the team is at the top of the conference turnover standings

you're right. very illogical to draw straight lines. we'll see how they look in 2025.

Yes, unfortunately the model does assume variables such as dumbass play calling will remain
that's a constant.

the variables are the players the dumbass plays are called for and the opponents the dumbass playcaller is calling them against.

I do find it quite telling that @dinglefritz stood up for satt until his guy got the nod, then he wasn't too fond of the play calling, either.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
that's a constant.

the variables are the players the dumbass plays are called for and the opponents the dumbass playcaller is calling them against.

I do find it quite telling that @dinglefritz stood up for satt until his guy got the nod, then he wasn't too fond of the play calling, either.
Ah yes. Wishful thinking on my part to think Satt’s play calling can change

Reactions: king_kong_
every time it rains, I get wet

every time satt calls plays, the team is at the top of the conference turnover standings

you're right. very illogical to draw straight lines. we'll see how they look in 2025.
Here's something even you can get.

Nebraska has been a turnover machine the past 20 years. What position on the field was responsible for the majority of these turnovers?

This just may help you find the common denominator.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

Is that you Scope?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT