ADVERTISEMENT

Same old story, same old song and dance with Tim Miles

HuskersMan34

Junior
Nov 17, 2014
Huskers had a chance to prove this wasn't going to be a lost season this weekend. Instead they bottomed out in the second half against both UCLA and Virginia Tech.

Gonna be a loooooooooong year once we get to Big Ten play. And why the hell are we not redshirting Jordy Tshimanga if the plan is to have him play 5 minutes or less a game? What in the world does that accomplish?

You're right, wins over me
mediocre, mid level teams don't impress me. Weird that.

We tried our best to blow that game too. But you know, ignore the poor performances to bitch at another poster because they don't celebrate wins over the blind sisters of the poor.

You're right, wins over mediocre, mid level teams don't impress me. Weird that.

You're describing Dayton? Too funny.

Three straight seasons of 24 wins, 26 wins, 27 wins. NCAA each time; Elite 8, sweet 16 and bounced in the 1st.

A lot of a teams would take that "mediocre" tag, with those results. Except you, yikes.

We tried our best to blow that game too. But you know, ignore the poor performances to bitch at another poster because they don't celebrate wins over the blind sisters of the poor.

Talking to yourself, double yikes.

Last edited:
We kicked the hell out of Chadron State!!! World beaters after that one, lol

Same old, same old, and I am old.

A lot of games left. Second half vs Va Tech we did not play well at all but they may very well be a NCAA tourney team. We need to win one of three vs Clemson, KU, Creighton and finish 8-4 in non con play. Hopefully, by Jan/Feb Jordy will be getting and providing more quality minutes. Miles really can't afford to redshirt players at this point.

You're describing Dayton? Too funny.

Three straight seasons of 24 wins, 26 wins, 27 wins. NCAA each time; Elite 8, sweet 16 and bounced in the 1st.

A lot of a teams would take that "mediocre" tag, with those results. Except you, yikes.

Talking to yourself, double yikes.

I give your trolling 2 out of 10 stars.

A lot of games left. Second half vs Va Tech we did not play well at all but they may very well be a NCAA tourney team. We need to win one of three vs Clemson, KU, Creighton and finish 8-4 in non con play. Hopefully, by Jan/Feb Jordy will be getting and providing more quality minutes. Miles really can't afford to redshirt players at this point.

There's very little chance this team wins 18 games let alone goes to the tourney. I'd love to be wrong, but I've seen this team every year of the Tim Miles' era. No consistency, no offensive identity, and long, long, LONG periods where they simply cannot score.

Reactions: WuTang_Husker
Nor should he redshirt any of his freshmen. What's encouraging is that they're in the top 8 talent wise of guys on the team.

this is the most raw talent I've seen on a Nebraska team since a Danny Nee team. They are young too. Give them time to develop. You might enjoy cheering instead of whining.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
The kid is getting time at the beginning of the year to develop. Should be getting more time by the time conference games start.

Dayton win was a good win, whether you are a Miles fan or not, and I'm not. This team just isn't going to be able to string together a bunch of big-efforts, at least I doubt, but there is raw talent it seems. There is going to be some growing pains.

Whether there should still be these growing pains at this stage in Miles' tenure is another question.

The three man weave seems to be taking to the younger players. Also, the play where they pass the ball around for nearly the entire shot clock, then throw a prayer up as the horn goes off, is really working.

This team is going to give people heart attacks. Not allowing players to get into any sort of rhythm by subbing them out every two minutes is a great strategy. You can hear it in pavelka's voice on the radio....it's going to be a long and painful season.

I think the Dayton win was huge. That is a good program.
Actually, I think Dayton was without 2 of their top players. I'm not gonna bag too much on Miles and this team just yet though. Let's see how things look midway through conference play. Very impressed with Webster, Watson and Morrow. We really need Jacobson and McVeigh especially to start hitting shots! Jordy is really raw and gonna take a few years to develop, that's for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT