ADVERTISEMENT

Sam M on DBs

I really like a lot of things in this thread. I like that our secondary has some swag. I like corners to be the most arrogant guys on the team. If they play humble, they tend to get beat. But as people pointed out, everyone has swag in fall camp. It's not until one gets beat in a game that one starts to lose that.

I like that you guys are all taking this talk with doubt. We should. Nothing has been proven. Last time we saw this team, the secondary looked lost. Hell I remember how bad the secondary tackled in 2016, especially against Tennessee, and how last year in fall camp the secondary was saying that was fixed and it wasn't.

However, the one corner that did show some promise last year was Dicaprio Bootle. He was no Patrick Peterson but he did deliver some nice hits last year. I remember one specifically against tOSU. Last year was his rFR year and I fully expect his improvement to be tremendous. We always knew he had speed, last year he looked like he could play some football too. He's one of the fines I will give MR credit for. I fully expect him to lock down a starting spot and let the other guys figure out the other spots. And if you remember, he wasn't really suppose to play last year. He was thrown into it due to injuries. So last year, he was still a little yellow.
Bootle might be able to hit but he was even worse in coverage than Lamar Jackson and Eric Lee.

Wake me up when there is an update about a pass rush with a pulse. We can knock the DBs all we want, but no other Power 5 set of DBs received less help from its defensive front 7.
Stop blaming the front 7 when our DBs suck.

SF and his staff don’t come off as sunshine pumpers. They seem all business and seems like they are all the kind of men who are going to tell it how it is and you’ll always know where you stand. They don’t seem like the type of coaches that would put something out there if they didn’t truly believe it. So when coach C says he thinks the DBs are the most improved unit since the spring, I’ll take it at face value. He didn’t say they are where they need to be, and he didn’t say they are championship caliber, but he did say most improved and that he was more or less pleasently surprised.

Scott isn't afraid to make excuses for poor outcomes in games, for example he blamed scheduling for the defensive woes at the end of last year. Also, first year coaches rarely talk up a team, as this team is not "his" but MRs for the most part. By year 4 you will expect him to talk up depth and talent as those are his responsibilities at that point. The rare example was Bo who pointed out depth issues in 2012, which caused us to get drilled as we experienced injuries.

giphy.gif

Scott isn't afraid to make excuses for poor outcomes in games, for example he blamed scheduling for the defensive woes at the end of last year. Also, first year coaches rarely talk up a team, as this team is not "his" but MRs for the most part. By year 4 you will expect him to talk up depth and talent as those are his responsibilities at that point. The rare example was Bo who pointed out depth issues in 2012, which caused us to get drilled as we experienced injuries.
This year is 100% Frost's team. All depth and talent issues are his responsibilities now.

Stop replying to me when your posts suck.
Ok maybe that was a little harsh, but there's a lot of people who want to shift the poor play of our DB's onto other units. Our DB's, corners especially, were just bad last year. There's no other way to put it.

This year is 100% Frost's team. All depth and talent issues are his responsibilities now.
Not completely but man he's flipped a bunch of the roster quickly. I don't think buy is a problem from the guys who are left. This is a completely different situation than what Callahan and Riley walked in to that's for sure. This is closer to what Bo walked in terms of player buy in and I expect similar results to Bo's first year. I think the turn around will be dramatic.

Reactions: TheBeav815
There is always fluff, but it seems as if those critical of the fluff are ignoring all of the tangible evidence that guys are making progress. IE the body transformations, and the muscle and strength gains. Guys who are not buying in and not putting forth an effort are not going to be making those types of gains in the S&C.

It will be rocky at times w all the new players and new system, but I bet we start seeing the "effort" this year that we have been missing in the past. I say thats a good start.
Our record may not reflect the true positives and improvements, but I would bet we start looking more like the teams we have wanted for a while now.

I'm tired of the negativity. This place is toxic. I just want to see if The Kid can come home and fix something that is broken. Frost was going places. He risked a lot coming back, because he believed in this place and if he was wrong, instead of being a legendary coach, he will be an offensive coordinator the rest of his life at best. So give it a rest. If Frost fails, perhaps Osborne is just that legendary of a ****ing coach? Does Devaney win 2 without Osborne's assistance? If Osborne went to Colorado, does he ever lose in Boulder with how his teams were conditioned and with that style of play at that altitude?

Jump on the train or stfu

Reactions: HominidHusker
Sorry guys, only positive talk is allowed now. Bruce is pissed, so either jump on the train or stfu.

You're probably the one person on this entire forum that could use a different source of release. What I posted is true. If Frost fails this program is screwed for decades. No need to dissect every little detail

You're probably the one person on this entire forum that could use a different source of release. What I posted is true. If Frost fails this program is screwed for decades. No need to dissect every little detail

Its a football message board. I will talk about whatever the eff I want to talk about. If any of the mods have an issue with what I post, they, not you, will address it with me.

So, if you have an issue with what I have to say, you have a few options, discuss what I have to say, ignore what I have to say are two of those options. Telling me to jump on the train or stfu, probably isn't going to get me to stfu.

PS - If/when I need advice on how I should spend my time, I'll ask. Until then, maybe you should just MYOFB

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Not completely but man he's flipped a bunch of the roster quickly. I don't think buy is a problem from the guys who are left. This is a completely different situation than what Callahan and Riley walked in to that's for sure. This is closer to what Bo walked in terms of player buy in and I expect similar results to Bo's first year. I think the turn around will be dramatic.
Can't say it enough about how pleased I am that he let a bunch of dudes hit the bricks and brought in a bunch of guys who can make an impact year one. I'd like to see them now shift their thinking from recruiting "better than what we had" to "best we can get."

People haven't really been talking about Honas, but I think they will be once the season is rolling. ILB isn't as sexy as some other positions where there are newcomers but I'd pick him for "newcomer of the year" at this point. I think he starts Game 1 and makes a lot of tackles all year. There's gonna be a lot of guys who were not in Lincoln last August getting snaps out there on Saturdays.

Oh and is JoJo's knee good enough now for me to resume saying "Don't sleep on JoJo Domann"?

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Can't say it enough about how pleased I am that he let a bunch of dudes hit the bricks and brought in a bunch of guys who can make an impact year one. I'd like to see them now shift their thinking from recruiting "better than what we had" to "best we can get."

People haven't really been talking about Honas, but I think they will be once the season is rolling. ILB isn't as sexy as some other positions where there are newcomers but I'd pick him for "newcomer of the year" at this point. I think he starts Game 1 and makes a lot of tackles all year. There's gonna be a lot of guys who were not in Lincoln last August getting snaps out there on Saturdays.

Oh and is JoJo's knee good enough now for me to resume saying "Don't sleep on JoJo Domann"?

I think you're probably right about Honas. Although I've only seen him for the spring game he looks damn solid to me.

Its a football message board. I will talk about whatever the eff I want to talk about. If any of the mods have an issue with what I post, they, not you, will address it with me.

So, if you have an issue with what I have to say, you have a few options, discuss what I have to say, ignore what I have to say are two of those options. Telling me to jump on the train or stfu, probably isn't going to get me to stfu.

PS - If/when I need advice on how I should spend my time, I'll ask. Until then, maybe you should just MYOFB

What color purse do you favor?

I'm tired of the negativity. This place is toxic. I just want to see if The Kid can come home and fix something that is broken. Frost was going places. He risked a lot coming back, because he believed in this place and if he was wrong, instead of being a legendary coach, he will be an offensive coordinator the rest of his life at best. So give it a rest. If Frost fails, perhaps Osborne is just that legendary of a ****ing coach? Does Devaney win 2 without Osborne's assistance? If Osborne went to Colorado, does he ever lose in Boulder with how his teams were conditioned and with that style of play at that altitude?

Jump on the train or stfu

It's a anonymous message board. Lighten up Francis.

So people aren't allowed to have opinions that you don't like? Thanks dad.

I am not in favor of anyone getting in the way of Tuco doing his assigned job here ;)

Not sure how to take that, but I have opinions and usually back them up with something tangible to defend my position. I don't care if anyone likes the opinion, just don't tell me I can't have the opinion.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Not sure how to take that, but I have opinions and usually back them up with something tangible to defend my position. I don't care if anyone likes the opinion, just don't tell me I can't have the opinion.
And your opinion can be of a contrarian nature, which is cool by me, but apparently not for others.

Wrong. If he goes 3-9 this year he keeps his job. If he goes 3-9 in year 4 he gets fired. You know why? The perception is he is 3-9 with another guys players, in 2021 he'll be 3-9 with his players and no longer be the coach. You can chest pump and act like we are holding him 100% accountable, he will be unfairly babied in years 1-2 and then unfairly judged in year 3-4, which is why so many coaches are fired in year 4.

Last group of thought police doesn't seem to be posting any more.....weird.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT