ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Day ready to

Sure, he has to beat Michigan next year no matter what. I imagine Urban's son in law(the QB coach) is gone.

God, I wish we were back to where 11-2 could be considered a disappointment. We haven't been 11-2 in 23 years.

Well not a shock, he's trying to appease the Ohio State fanbase and stay ahead of the grim reaper as head coach. Would love to see Nebraska beat OSU next year with their former QB recruit.

No sympathy for that guy whatsoever, inheriting OSU from Urban Meyer is the equivalent of your dad handing you the keys to a Ferrari.
A reason I'd never take the Alabama job after Saban. Go somewhere and create your own legacy. Don't go somewhere that if you go 56-8, the fans want your head on a spike because you aren't as good as the guy before.

Well not a shock, he's trying to appease the Ohio State fanbase and stay ahead of the grim reaper as head coach. Would love to see Nebraska beat OSU next year with their former QB recruit.
Smart move by him. I would do the same exact thing.

A reason I'd never take the Alabama job after Saban. Go somewhere and create your own legacy. Don't go somewhere that if you go 56-8, the fans want your head on a spike because you aren't as good as the guy before.
I WOULD take the Alabama job, go 8-23 before getting fired midseason, make $20 mil, and leave it a dumpster fire so my Huskers have one fewer program to worry about.

229 of 348 for 66%, 3170 Yds., 24 TD’s with 6 INT’s.

It says they will likely move on from the QB coach because of poor QB play in 2023. Jesus Christ, I want to know what the fúck average to good QB play would look like, if the above numbers represent poor QB play. Someone should tell them to check out Nebraska’s QB play in 2023.

229 of 348 for 66%, 3170 Yds., 24 TD’s with 6 INT’s.

It says they will likely move on from the QB coach because of poor QB play in 2023. Jesus Christ, I want to know what the fúck average to good QB play would look like, if the above numbers represent poor QB play. Someone should tell them to check out Nebraska’s QB play in 2023.
yea

we didn't even employ a QB coach last season, much less fire one

still don't

from May of '22 (responding to a buckeye fan posting here):

obviously nothing has changed in the 2 full seasons since
He went 11-2 in year 5 and has never done worse than that. If he wasn't a good coach, things would have fallen apart by now. You don't go 56-8 anywhere if you aren't a good coach.

Obviously he does have to beat Michigan next year, but if he doesn't, he'll be unemployed for about 3 seconds.

He went 11-2 in year 5 and has never done worse than that. If he wasn't a good coach, things would have fallen apart by now. You don't go 56-8 anywhere if you aren't a good coach.

Obviously he does have to beat Michigan next year, but if he doesn't, he'll be unemployed for about 3 seconds.
I agree with this, by Ding Dongs own standards, (ie HH) Ryan Day is a "winner" that won them 56 games.

He’s made the playoff 60% of his stint as coach of osu. This accomplishment won’t be as notable with expansion, but quite an achievement when only four teams make it in.

He’s made the playoff 60% of his stint as coach of osu. This accomplishment won’t be as notable with expansion, but quite an achievement when only four teams make it in.
Sure, now you will be judged by how far you go in the playoffs just like college basketball coaches are judged. Regular season is even more meaningless.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT