ADVERTISEMENT

rumors about realignment ...

Urban Meyer must be a no-nothing then.. He has stated this repeatedly, and I've heard from sources that it's the main reason he had no interest in the job.

As for Bo, he should have never been fired. Many on this board will tell you he won with Callahan's recruits, but he was here for 7 years I think, and never won less than 9 games, so he won with his own recruits too, but somehow fans on this site hate the guy. (go figure)

Texas recruits in the 11 recruiting classes prior to announcing the move to the Big 10:
2000: Willie Amos, Nick Povendo, Lanny Hopkins

2001: none

2002: Jermaine Leslie, Demorrio Williams

2003: Greg Austin, Titus Brothers, Steve Craver, David Dyches, J.B. Phillips, Adrian Turner

2004: Terrance Nunn

2005: Wallace Franklin, Cody Glenn, Broderick Hunter

2006: Will Henry

2007: Currenskie Gillylen, Marcus Mendoza, Adi Kuniac, Quentin Castille, Patrick Witt, Anthony Blue, Shawn Sullivan

2008: Lester Ward, Courtney Osborne, Steven Osborne, Alozo Whaley, Josh Williams, David Grant, Brandon Thompson, David Whitmore

2009: Rex Burkhead, Andrew Green, Chris Williams, Nick Ash, Jesse Coffee, Cody Green, Dontraveous Robinson, Thaddeus Randle

2010: Chase Harper, Jay Guy, Donovan Vestal, Harvey Jackson

After reading this list, you are still going to maintain that the move to the Big 10 affected our Texas recruiting? C'mon man. Texas was just another state. Nothing special. IDGAF what Urban Meyer says. The facts are laid out right there. All 3 coaches should have spent more time in California and NJ.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Just stop. Get help. Just stop. Get help.
Here you go…

8eeb0cd1ed319254eb2b6940ff28215d.gif

We recruited California heavily under smilin Mike because he had influence there and no conference recruiting pool to tap into.

We recruited Florida under Frost, because he had influence there and no conference recruiting pool to tap into.

Rhule recruited Texas heavily last year because of Bob Wager's influence there, and no conference recruiting pool to tap into.

Only Bo had the balls to try to tap into Ohio, (Big Ten recruiting pool), and was lucky to just get a few guys.

Prior to the Big Ten, we had the Texas recruiting pool as part of the conference that we were IN.

That is why it's important. You want to be able to recruit in your conference's built in recruiting grounds. If you can't recruit within your own conference talent pools, you are quite limited in the talent available to you and is why every staff at Nebraska has to work their ass off, to get an average top 20 class.

Are you really this dense?
Balls to recruit Ohio? Lol. Ohio is fools gold. Recruited by schools with deep ties in OSU, PSU, UM, MSU. Better off spending the time in Missouri, Minneapolis, and Colorado.

We announced our intention to join the Big 10 the summer of 2010. Go ahead and list all the impact players from Texas the previous 10 years. That covers 3 different coaches. Moving to the Big 10 had zero impact on Texas recruiting.

I don't hate Bo. It's just that he was tired of being here and most were tired of him. He was never going to take the next step. Didn't have it in him. Didn't embrace recruiting. Couldn't handle the pressure. Stubborn. Shouldn't have fired him without a better replacement. That is the lesson to be learned from our firings.
Absolutely correct on the Bo take. I liked Bo . But it was like a bad relationship and it was time for both to move on. The biggest problem was we had an idiot ( Eichorst) in the AD position and a bigger idiot ( Perlman) above him. They had zero idea on who to hire.

When comparing to Texas, look at the California recruits signed during the same period, from a state we didnt play in:

Maurice Purify
Marlon Lucky
Roy Helu
Quincy Enunwa
Dejuan Gomes
Eric Martin
Taylor Martinez
Carl Nicks

Several other guys too, like Thunder Collins, Cameron Meredith, and Ricky Thenarse. Guys who started but were ok at best.

But it was the lost Texas pipeline that hurt us. Lol. People will convince themselves of anything.

When comparing to Texas, look at the California recruits signed during the same period, from a state we didnt play in:

Maurice Purify
Marlon Lucky
Roy Helu
Quincy Enunwa
Dejuan Gomes
Eric Martin
Taylor Martinez
Carl Nicks

Several other guys too, like Thunder Collins, Cameron Meredith, and Ricky Thenarse. Guys who started but were ok at best.

But it was the lost Texas pipeline that hurt us. Lol. People will convince themselves of anything.
None of the CA guys you listed played on even a conference title team

Which is the entire point. Obviously.

There's good players everywhere. Some states have more than others obviously. Need a staff that stays together. Is successful and is willing to put in the work

Reactions: Huskers123456
I thought you might post some BS like this so here are your own words. You claim that the ACC grant of rights price is too high for the B1G. (which you don’t know to be true, you just made that up) Then you claim the infusion of cash from your private equity firm does give the Big XII enough cash to buy out Clemson and/or FSU. (also a fanciful wishful thinking/opinion)

Your own words portrayed the Big XII’s Hail Mary pass as a financial advantage. (which once again isn’t true and just your uniformed opinion)
of course, that's not what i wrote at all. i said there was not enough additional (incremental) revenue generated from any acc school to justify taking them. revenue is not cost. and yes, the b12 cash infusion might be used to free fsu and clemson from their acc grant of rights. be that a "hail mary" or not, it's a reasonable option and rationale for bringing private equity. what i wrote:

there's not enough additional revenue for either conference to spend money freeing any acc school.

Haha. One of those Cali boys literally had a Nebraska small-towner hiding in a closet.
Yea. Everyone knows Scott frost is a pussy and an embarrassment to his family name and home state.

He’s never allowed back in NE.

Larry was just doing what he saw the leaders of the program doing.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskers123456
of course, that's not what i wrote at all. i said there was not enough additional (incremental) revenue generated from any acc school to justify taking them. revenue is not cost. and yes, the b12 cash infusion might be used to free fsu and clemson from their acc grant of rights. be that a "hail mary" or not, it's a reasonable option and rationale for bringing private equity. what i wrote:

there's not enough additional revenue for either conference to spend money freeing any acc school.

My man… you said what you said and I called you on it. Nobody needs you to explain, qualify or frame your statements. This whole thread is you convincing yourself that selling off part of your conference rights to a private equity firm is really actually a good thing. That’s been the theme and tone of everything you’ve posted ITT. (sometimes actually stating it in plain English, which I called you on)

But by all means, believe whatever you want. Doesn’t really matter to me, I just need to push back on your BS every once in awhile. Watching you double and triple down on stupid is mildly entertaining… (like a dog chasing his tail entertaining)

My man… you said what you said and I called you on it. Nobody needs you to explain, qualify or frame your statements. This whole thread is you convincing yourself that selling off part of your conference rights to a private equity firm is really actually a good thing. That’s been the theme and tone of everything you’ve posted ITT. (sometimes actually stating it in plain English, which I called you on)

But by all means, believe whatever you want. Doesn’t really matter to me, I just need to push back on your BS every once in awhile. Watching you double and triple down on stupid is mildly entertaining… (like a dog chasing his tail entertaining)
well, it is hard to debate someone who does not understand the difference between grant of rights cost and incremental revenue from the acquired assets. i will give you that.

Nothing can overcome the inherent softness woven into the very fiber of CA players’ DNA.
What a dumb generalization about California and the West Coast in general. You obviously have not spent any time in West Coast cities. Nor have you lived in an area that has a significant Samoan population. I want to watch you run for your life as you hold onto your skirt running away from an angry Samoan kid after you tell him he is soft. Good Luck with that.

What a dumb generalization about California and the West Coast in general. You obviously have not spent any time in West Coast cities. Nor have you lived in an area that has a significant Samoan population. I want to watch you run for your life as you hold onto your skirt running away from an angry Samoan kid after you tell him he is soft. Good Luck with that.
soft response from what I can only assume is a CA native

Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT