ADVERTISEMENT

Ru’Quan Buckley

Some of you guys are serious lowlifes. This is a thread about Buckley and all you do is s*** on our current players. Well done.
18jwl2.jpg.cf.jpg

Your obsession with politics concerns me. Get help my friend.
The mother of my kid's roommate was afraid to have her daughter move to Omaha from Oakland CA to do their online college classes there since Harvard was shut down...... She called it Omahahate. Imagine her shock to find out how much her daughter liked Omaha and the people there.

Don't be such a loser.
That's funny coming from you, the guy who backs nothing but losers. How are your buddies Tim Miles and Mike Riley doing? Golly, if they only would have had one more year here, they would have taken off... I just know it.

Only losers post continuous negative crap about their own teams. In jlb321's case though he isn't a Husker fan.
When you have 4 losing seasons in a row, there's not much to be positive about. I don't delude myself into thinking there's progress when there is none.

I look at that statement as a positive thing. You look at it as a negative. And you say I'm the one with the negative outlook?
You are a piece of work. Of course Nebraska will do well again. But you’ve already written off this coaching staff. Again, you have nothing good to say about 90% of Nebraska football at the moment.

And you call yourself positive.

You are a piece of work. Of course Nebraska will do well again. But you’ve already written off this coaching staff. Again, you have nothing good to say about 90% of Nebraska football at the moment.

And you call yourself positive.
I've written off the coaching staff as it is, yes. They've proven 3 years in a row that it doesn't work. I don't know if Frost necessarily deserves another year, but I think he will get one and I want to see him succeed if he does. It's the same situation with Lubbick. We have a few other coaches I wouldn't mind keeping around. However many of the coaches I'd rather not see come back next year. If you're an assistant coach and your unit is subpar for 2+ years in a row, you should be fired. I still believe Frost can be successful here if he can put together the right coaching staff and he starts growing himself, but we will see in the offseason if that actually happens. He's running out of time to make it happen.

When you have 4 losing seasons in a row, there's not much to be positive about. I don't delude myself into thinking there's progress when there is none.
You're so preoccupied with being angry that you wouldn't know progress if it smacked you in the face. Tr to find something in your life to give you joy other than posting on a message board how much you believe somebody else is terrible at their job.

Last edited:
You're so preoccupied with being angry that you wouldn't know progress if it smacked you in the face. Tr to find something in your life to give you joy other than posting on a message board how much you believe somebody else is terrible at their job.
Like the progress that happened in year one? What happened to that progress? The progress in year 2? What happened to that? If we're progressing so much, why are we starting from square one every time the next season comes?

Like the progress that happened in year one? What happened to that progress? The progress in year 2? What happened to that? If we're progressing so much, why are we starting from square one every time the next season comes?

When this staff pulls it off, and it will be next season, you either: (1) won't be around to admit you were wrong, (2) will nitpick the smallest things in every win, (3) formalize your life partnership to RickChick, or (4) do the pro forma "well, I'm glad I was wrong" (and who needs you or your mea culpa at that point).

Reactions: leodisflowers
When this staff pulls it off, and it will be next season, you either: (1) won't be around to admit you were wrong, (2) will nitpick the smallest things in every win, (3) formalize your life partnership to RickChick, or (4) do the pro forma "well, I'm glad I was wrong" (and who needs you or your mea culpa at that point).
I hope so.

will you kindly clarify the “it” this staff will “pull off” next year

thanks

will you kindly clarify the “it” this staff will “pull off” next year

thanks

Continued improvement on the field and better record, even with a horrendous schedule.

so “pulling it off”in year 4 would be possibly finally having a winning record in the conference all the while continuing to whine about the schedule

what an impossibly high bar to set going into a coach’s 4th year at a blue blood program

so “pulling it off”in year 4 would be possibly finally having a winning record in the conference all the while continuing to whine about the schedule

what an impossibly high bar to set going into a coach’s 4th year at a blue blood program
And what team are you a fan of? What are their expectations?

Reactions: dinglefritz

I'm sorry you live a morass of disdain for this staff and program. I cannot imagine going through life permanently disaffected.

EDIT: I wanted to put my comment in some context so it doesn't come across as completely snarky.

You are absolutely correct that the staff has not reached our expectations. I can't argue that.

But I guess the frustration in my comment comes from posters who just won't acknowledge any positives from the staff or program.
(1) Recruiting has never been better other than one class from Callahan.
(2) If you can't acknowledge that our players are not getting pushed around like they were from 17 and before, I have nothing for you.
(3) The culture on the team, while not perfect, is not NEARLY as toxic as when the staff first arrived, witness the former players who mailed in games or actively messed up in games.
(4) You can look at our record this year and last and say no Nebraska team should have that record. You have a point. But then you can't mitigate that by noting that we lost the majority of the games last year and this year by a touchdown or less? Count on one hand the times we were blown out.
(5) How many games did we have where EVERY SINGLE OPPONENT HAD A MIRACLE OCCUR----THEY NEVER HELD ONE OF OUR PLAYERS.>>>>>>>Apparently. And how many of those losses occurred because NU couldn't buy a holding call?

See, I might have some sympathy for your attitude if you showed any semblance of balance in your reasoning.....but you don't, so I find it easy to dismiss you as a crank. Ultimately, that's on you.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz

Mom says to get off your computer, and clean your room.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT