ADVERTISEMENT

Row the boat

Progress isnt linear. A year ago, it looked like a walk through when our offense was on the field vs their defense.

Reactions: dinglefritz
When fleck started" row the boat" , thought what a load. Then heard frost "no fear of failure", thought thats our guy. See clearing which statement meant something and which was a load of bs

You think Frost is saying a bunch of BS about no fear of failure? You sure is stupid.

Reactions: Thomud and headcard
Progress isnt linear. A year ago, it looked like a walk through when our offense was on the field vs their defense.
Exactly. Fleck went 5-7, 7-8 his first two years, after the program had won 8 games, three of the previous four seasons. He was blown out by us and people in Minnesota were not happy. Then they snuck by some cupcakes early in the year this year and started to believe. Belief and confidence are huge in college football.

Progress isn't guaranteed either. Their turnaround started when they got rid of their old defensive coordinator. If we're not able to make hard decisions and make some changes, I doubt we're going to see the same type of turnaround.

He has them focused and competitive. Also their QB is playing good and not overthinking everything like AM.

Reactions: jeans15
Unfinished business comes to mind.. its a me tal thing. A unity thing.. its a buy in thing.. while i dont like the row the boat crap..his team does and they are playing like it..congrats to them

Reactions: jeans15
You don’t believe that?

I think it is a convenient montra to deflect from the question as to whether this is really a better coached team under Frost than it was under Riley

but if we really want to subscribe to the every situation is unique montra then it is equally plausible that the situation that Frost inherited at UCF was unique in that almost anyone they hired would have had an elite season in the first couple of years, after all, history would suggest it is much more difficult to captain a team to back to back losing seasons at Nebraska than it is to have a single elite season at UCF

Exactly. Fleck went 5-7, 7-8 his first two years, after the program had won 8 games, three of the previous four seasons. He was blown out by us and people in Minnesota were not happy. Then they snuck by some cupcakes early in the year this year and started to believe. Belief and confidence are huge in college football.
this.
if you get by in, then it doesnt matter what your motto is.

Reactions: headcard
I think it is a convenient montra to deflect from the question as to whether this is really a better coached team under Frost than it was under Riley

but if we really want to subscribe to the every situation is unique montra then it is equally plausible that the situation that Frost inherited at UCF was unique in that almost anyone they hired would have had an elite season in the first couple of years, after all, history would suggest it is much more difficult to captain a team to back to back losing seasons at Nebraska than it is to have a single elite season at UCF
Holy crap. You are completely full of it. You seriously believe that every situation being different is a “Montra”? It’s common sense that every situation is different. If not, why hasn’t Les Miles won as much at KU as he has did at LSU? Why didn’t Saban win as much at MSU as he did at Alabama? Maybe because every situation IS different. You are letting your blind hatred of all things Scott Frost get in the way of common sense. Of course every situation is unique.

Reactions: Dean Pope
Holy crap. You are completely full of it. You seriously believe that every situation being different is a “Montra”? It’s common sense that every situation is different. If not, why hasn’t Les Miles won as much at KU as he has did at LSU? Why didn’t Saban win as much at MSU as he did at Alabama? Maybe because every situation IS different. You are letting your blind hatred of all things Scott Frost get in the way of common sense. Of course every situation is unique.

Ok.. everything is different .. again maybe the UCF situation was unique in that almost anyone they hired would have had an elite season in the first couple of years, after all, history would suggest it is much more difficult to captain a team to back to back losing seasons at Nebraska than it is to have a single elite season at UCF

no one was commenting about the possible unique situation that allowed the UCF turn around .... it had to be miraculous coaching

our situation seems to get more and more unique with every embarrassing performance

Ok.. everything is different .. again maybe the UCF situation was unique in that almost anyone they hired would have had an elite season in the first couple of years, after all, history would suggest it is much more difficult to captain a team to back to back losing seasons at Nebraska than it is to have a single elite season at UCF

no one was commenting about the possible unique situation that allowed the UCF turn around .... it had to be miraculous coaching

our situation seems to get more and more unique with every embarrassing performance
Sure it’s possible any guy off the street could have taken UCF from winless to undefeated. However, since Frost brought in: Milton, Killins, Anderson, Williams and Hughes and moved Hill to NT and Griffin to OLB, maybe that had something to do with it.

I know Minnesota’s O-line is way better than Nebraska’s but a goal line package like that should be in every team’s arsenal. Up against the #4 team and weren’t even tempted to get cute.

Last edited:
Row the boat is on pace to be coach of the year. Maybe everyone should have made fun of Frost when he made his empty promises instead of buying into them. We might be 9-0 right now.
Frost in his next year, should get to Minnesota's current level. I wouldn't count on it. He talks the trendy phrase of "buying in". First, second- year , and third- year coaches across the country have found a way to do it. Frost better figure the shit out fast. Because PJ acted on it. Frost has yet to prove shit except for showing a major regression in year two.

Last edited:
Sure it’s possible any guy off the street could have taken UCF from winless to undefeated. However, since Frost brought in: Milton, Killins, Anderson, Williams and Hughes and moved Hill to NT and Griffin to OLB, maybe that had something to do with it.
UCF was also 31-9 in the 3 seasons prior to the 0-12. Not sure the lack of talent in the program was as bad as the average Husker fan wants to believe.

This statement has been ignored by the Frost apologists continuously while discussing Minnesota’s change in success.
No, I don’t think you are right about this. It was evident as soon as he switched that the defense was a much better unit under the new guy. I don’t think anyone on here would suggest otherwise or ignored that fact.

Of course ... the on field product at UCF was a result of brilliant coaching but the on field product at Nebraska is a result of unique circumstances all conspiring against this staff resulting in back to back seasons that haven’t been seen in Lincoln for nearly 6 decades.

Reactions: Huskred01
That’s why Bill Snyder changed his non conference schedule to cupcakes so his team got confidence, it sure seemed to work well for him

That’s why Bill Snyder changed his non conference schedule to cupcakes so his team got confidence, it sure seemed to work well for him

We have had one of the worst teams in the PAC-12 on the schedule the past 2 years - and we don’t even have a non conf power 5 team on the schedule next year. Add to this the fact we play in the big ten west. I’m not sure how much easier we want things to be unless we want to move down to division 2 or start scheduling Morningside.

we have OU starting in 2021 because by year 4 everyone was sure Frost would have things rolling.

Nearly got beat by South Dakota State early. QB play is crucial to winning in college and the pros. Minnesota has some GREAT WRs and their QB has been playing at a high level. Top that off with a difference maker future NFL player in their secondary and you see what you get. Difference makers on both sides of the ball. We don't have THAT guy on either side...yet. Maybe Wandale.

Yep. I do.

It may not be BS but he has not walked the walk. I believe that has been pretty evident in multiple losses during his tenure.
He'll figure it out. He's gotten humbled and he's dialed back the rhetoric. I'm sure he and Tom have had some conversations about what's gone on. I would love it if they somehow incorporated Tom as a mentor/consultant to this staff. An outside set of eyes could look at what they're doing and maybe help them evaluate themselves. It's darned tough to look at what you're doing objectively when you're in the middle of the battle. We don't need an outside outside consultant screwing with things.

Minnesota is who Frost wants to be. We need some difference makers at WR, a Big Nasty OL, and under-sized guys everywhere that absolutely play their guts out. I think Frost can get the right QB and RB, but he needs big time help everywhere else, and that is on Scott to find it. Chances are slim, but look, PJ did it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT