ADVERTISEMENT

Roundabout news

You have to take the roundabout when you get past downtown Ashland to get to Ashland CC.

We went to Turks and Caicos where they drive on the left side. I am driving a car with the steering wheel on the left like we have here. I have been driving there for less than 10 minutes and I get to a two lane roundabout with a lot of traffic. Somehow I was able to get in it and go 3/4ths around and make a left. I am pretty sure I was in the inner lane though when I made my left hand turn. Thank God I didn't get in an accident.

Many years ago I took a roundabout in Ireland the wrong way. First, stupid drive on the left garbage. Get out of here with that. Luckily there was only an older guy walking his dog around so while I did dork it up at least there was no injury or damage.

As I am making a ridiculous turn to get into the circle and thinking this can’t be right, he just watches the foolishness with a “stupid tourist” shake of his head.

Made we wonder if we had indeed found our roots because I had seen that same look on my father’s face many, many times.

We went to Turks and Caicos where they drive on the left side. I am driving a car with the steering wheel on the left like we have here. I have been driving there for less than 10 minutes and I get to a two lane roundabout with a lot of traffic. Somehow I was able to get in it and go 3/4ths around and make a left. I am pretty sure I was in the inner lane though when I made my left hand turn. Thank God I didn't get in an accident.
You did better than Clark Griswold

I drove in Ireland in Dec and the key is to have a good navigator with you and just follow whatever the car in front of you is doing, like a lead blocker
Absolutely! I’ve driven in Ireland twice, the second time earlier this summer. A good navigator is the key.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Anyone who drives through multiple roundabouts on a regular basis and understands how to drive, will tell you that they save time over traffic lights.
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

My town is known as 'Circle City' and makes a roundabout look fun. There are people trying to go the wrong way nearly every day which is honestly baffling to me. Always a question on if it is 1 or 2 lanes also. I do have an 18 and a 16 year old and both can drive it comfortably by now.

4edbaa6f726144343f17f187fb43bd7c.jpg

Reactions: Laner2
Roundabout Rules (right hand road, left side drive - reverse for the opposite)

Right turn signal to enter. Obligatory requirement to holler, “I’m in!”

Only enter from far right lane if exiting at first exit.

Move to interior lane / lanes if not exiting until later.

Right turn signal to show intent to exit.

Get to the outside and take your exit. Obligatory requirement to holler, “I’m out!”

If you miss your exit, just keep driving in circles until you figure it out.

Easy, peasy.

Roundabout Rules (right hand road, left side drive - reverse for the opposite)

Right turn signal to enter. Obligatory requirement to holler, “I’m in!”

Only enter from far right lane if exiting at first exit.

Move to interior lane / lanes if not exiting until later.

Right turn signal to show intent to exit.

Get to the outside and take your exit. Obligatory requirement to holler, “I’m out!”

If you miss your exit, just keep driving in circles until you figure it out.

Easy, peasy.
I prefer red means stop and let the other people go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT