ADVERTISEMENT

NU Baseball Big Non-Con Weekend Announced

Last year's schedule was soft as well. Didn't seam to hold that team back.
No, but it contributed greatly to NU being a #8 seed instead of #6 or #7.

And if the same thing happens this March, the exact same people who like the soft non-conference schedule will cry a river of tears about how the selection committee screwed over the Huskers.

Reactions: king_kong_

And if the same thing happens this March, the exact same people who like the soft non-conference schedule will cry a river of tears about how the selection committee screwed over the Huskers.
You're assuming Nebraska wins tougher games if they played them last non-con. Just as likely they lose tougher games and end up at home last March. Maybe we should schedule an average SEC team like, oh maybe TAMU, and get our asses kicked again. This schedule is pretty embarrassing but I don't think it's worth getting worked up about let alone crying a river of tears about it. I'll be happy if Nebraska makes B2B dances no matter what their seed is.

You're assuming Nebraska wins tougher games if they played them last non-con. Just as likely they lose tougher games and end up at home last March. Maybe we should schedule an average SEC team like, oh maybe TAMU, and get our asses kicked again. This schedule is pretty embarrassing but I don't think it's worth getting worked up about let alone crying a river of tears about it. I'll be happy if Nebraska makes B2B dances no matter what their seed is.
I’m not even suggesting they have to schedule difficult opponents - just stop bringing in glorified intramural teams with NET rankings in the mid-300s. Those games accomplish absolutely nothing.

I’m not even suggesting they have to schedule difficult opponents - just stop bringing in glorified intramural teams with NET rankings in the mid-300s. Those games accomplish absolutely nothing.
And then somehow find a way to lose a game

I won't be crying one single tear. I've been a Nebraska basketball fan since the days of Brian Banks dunking a basketball was a very big deal to Kent Pavelka. For Husker basketball, it's never easy! There are good arguments to be made for an easy schedule or a harder schedule.

Let's give Fred's excellent staff of assistant coaches more time to mesh all of these new guys into a cohesive unit. You can better do that while winning games in November and December. I would agree with the argument for a tougher schedule if we had more players coming back. This is going to be almost an entirely new team.

Reactions: saluno22
And this staff has proven that they can get kids to play the right way. NU has looked well coached for two years running now. It's easier to build on that if you can extend out the developmental work, fundamental drills & team building as long as possible. Play some tough early competition and unless your team is also talented as hell (we are not), you're going to be forced to spend a lot more time preparing for your opponent rather than just making yourself better. And then you still might get beat anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT