ADVERTISEMENT

Rose Bowl

Look how skinny Smith is. What does he weigh, like 165 pounds?

Strength and conditioning at Nebraska needs an overhaul. We're putting too much weight on kids in football and basketball.
We seem to get all the short, stocky receivers. Alabama's best receivers aren't real tall, but they're lanky and have a lot of functional strength and play taller than they are. They're also blazing fast. I really don't understand Frost's philosophy his first few years here recruiting nothing but short, stocky receivers.

We seem to get all the short, stocky receivers. Alabama's best receivers aren't real tall, but they're lanky and have a lot of functional strength and play taller than they are. They're also blazing fast. I really don't understand Frost's philosophy his first few years here recruiting nothing but short, stocky receivers.

After reading and thinking far too much on Nebraska's woes these past three years I don't know what to think anymore. It's all so extremely baffling.

Reactions: dinglefritz

That sounds more like our RBs. Our receivers are just whatever Frost could get his hands on it seems. Or walk-ons from O'Neill, Pierce, and Rosalie.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
The first problem was his WR coach. The second was the late start in recruiting that first year which forced them to reach. Troy didn't exactly knock it out of the park in recruiting but the first priority was to try to find some speed guys who could run the ball too on reverses and jet sweeps.

Alabama gets the best of the best with good hands and great speed.

I'm watching Roger Waters in HD from 2010 in Tampa.

3pPchP2h.jpg

The semifinal games are usually blowouts anyways. I wouldn't mind going to 8 teams with the #1 and #2 teams essentially getting a bye playing #7 and #8. At least the #3-6 games should be competitive.

So why play all those games when you know the likely outcome?

The play off system stinks. There should be a minimum of six teams (five conference champions plus one) ND got their teeth handed to them by Clemson the second time. Cincinnati could have done the same thing as ND, but at least it would have been interesting to see what they could do.

ND reminds me of Nebraska from 1985-1991. A good 5-15 range team but not quite there to hang with the elites.

that’s exactly right. They’re physical and compete on both LOS, but don’t have the same athletes on the perimeter, and definitely don’t have a first round pick at QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT