ADVERTISEMENT

What is your OLDEST authentic Husker Clothing?

spartanhusker

College Football Hall of Fame
May 29, 2001
...I have a 1995-6 Fiesta Bowl tee that I wear A LOT .....no real wear and tear.... I LOST a 2001 Rose Bowl tee...the one where we got spanked by The U....

Yours?

Reactions: TFrazier
Husker sweatsgirt my dear mom gave me. 30 years ago. It's seen better days but its my fave :)

She passed quite a while ago, but it feels like yesterday :(

But she was amazing. Looking forward to seeing her again :)
nZlGzEJ.jpg

Last edited:
I have a sweatshirt and ball cap from 1994 that my late father gave me for Christmas. I think I have another ball cap from 1995 that has the old Huskers logo that has been revived by Trev.

In the early 90s, I got my Dad a winter Husker coat that looked like the one TO wore on the sidelines in bad weather. He passed away a couple of years later, so I keep the coat with his favorite boots and Stetson.

A long sleeve T that's about 5 years old. This won't be a popular take, but I'm not big into Husker gear. Every time I put something on for gameday I end up feeling like a moron when we play like chit and lose another game. I had a couple polos to wear to work on Fridays during season but I donated them last year. I know, I'm not a real fan.

Oldest Nebraska-related item is a Switzer era t shirt that has on front Nebraska Football in the classic arch style, and on the back says Perennial Big 8 Runner Ups. Oklahoma red colored lettering. OU held an open gate practice on the Friday night before the game and I snagged it from a bench.

Reactions: bigboxes
Don't have any Husker gear from when I was a student - but I do have my Sandoz 3 dorm shirt and more importantly, a Zoo Bar t shirt from that time long ago. (And most importantly, my UNL diploma.)

I have an Omaha World Herald giant post card of Johnny Rodgers pass against Colorado circa 1971.

Last edited:
I bought a 1994 National Championship sweatshirt in January 95. Nice embroidered and everything. A year later I had 1995 embroidered on it as well. Still fits and I’ll break it out for big games.

I got a sweet Adidas Tom Osborne style windbreaker just the other day. That thing is drippin’.

In the early 90s, I got my Dad a winter Husker coat that looked like the one TO wore on the sidelines in bad weather. He passed away a couple of years later, so I keep the coat with his favorite boots and Stetson.
Reminds me, my mother passed in 2017. I then obtained these red & white striped overalls that my father wore to Husker games with my mother in the 70's. Think American Gothic. I still haven't tried them in to see how they fit.

Reactions: cornwoman
Reminds me, my mother passed in 2017. I then obtained these red & white striped overalls that my father wore to Husker games with my mother in the 70's. Think American Gothic. I still haven't tried them in to see how they fit.
Classic!!!!!

I have a black coat from 1997, some older shirts, but my real treasure is slides/photos, for you younger folks, from Nebraska games in the 40's

Reactions: mgbreis
I have a rain poncho I bought in '76 to attend the Missouri game. The only game I couldn't scalp my student pass.

...I have a 1995-6 Fiesta Bowl tee that I wear A LOT .....no real wear and tear.... I LOST a 2001 Rose Bowl tee...the one where we got spanked by The U....

Yours?
Oh man, lots of good stuff:
A still-full whiskey decanter from the 1971 national champs:
My cherished Ram It To Bama T-shirt from 1978, featuring Herbie, a corn cob and one very surprised elephant;
My warm-up from the 1977 season, the only remnant from making the mistake of thinking I could play football at NU. Cost me a knee ligament courtesy of being steamrolled by some unknown walk-on named IM Hipp. I wear it to games occasionally and always get offers to buy it off my back;
Commemorative football signed by many members of the 1971 team, including Rodgers and Kinney. They played one of those faculty basketball games at Burke HS and I got them to sign it;
Program from Game of the Century, mint condition. My dad's law partner went to the game (sorry, Mel Mains. I guess Dad liked me better).
Program from the 1938 NU-Baylor game;
Ticket for the 1966 B'nai Brith fund raiser in Omaha signed by both Devaney and Bear Bryant, who were the featured speakers (sorry again Mel);
My late brother-in-law's jersey from the 84 Orange Bowl. He was on the team;
Unworn T-shirt from 1996 Fiesta Bowl. Found it at the bottom of a drawer. If we ever play Florida again, it will be worn for the first time;
Various photos, hats, ticket stubs signed by TO and Bo. My daughter worked in the athletic department for a time (note: she loved Bo. The only coach who brought in cookies for all the minions);
Other assorted stuff. And someday I'm gonna have to figure out where it all ends up

Oh man, lots of good stuff:
A still-full whiskey decanter from the 1971 national champs:
My cherished Ram It To Bama T-shirt from 1978, featuring Herbie, a corn cob and one very surprised elephant;
My warm-up from the 1977 season, the only remnant from making the mistake of thinking I could play football at NU. Cost me a knee ligament courtesy of being steamrolled by some unknown walk-on named IM Hipp. I wear it to games occasionally and always get offers to buy it off my back;
Commemorative football signed by many members of the 1971 team, including Rodgers and Kinney. They played one of those faculty basketball games at Burke HS and I got them to sign it;
Program from Game of the Century, mint condition. My dad's law partner went to the game (sorry, Mel Mains. I guess Dad liked me better).
Program from the 1938 NU-Baylor game;
Ticket for the 1966 B'nai Brith fund raiser in Omaha signed by both Devaney and Bear Bryant, who were the featured speakers (sorry again Mel);
My late brother-in-law's jersey from the 84 Orange Bowl. He was on the team;
Unworn T-shirt from 1996 Fiesta Bowl. Found it at the bottom of a drawer. If we ever play Florida again, it will be worn for the first time;
Various photos, hats, ticket stubs signed by TO and Bo. My daughter worked in the athletic department for a time (note: she loved Bo. The only coach who brought in cookies for all the minions);
Other assorted stuff. And someday I'm gonna have to figure out where it all ends up
Oh
My
Goodness!!!
You win!!!

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
I have an unopened wheaties cereal box from the 95 national championship. Scared to see what the cereal looks like inside after almost thirty years.

Also still wear a hoodie from early ninties that has a few holes but still wear it. My wife has bought me others but just love wearing this old one.

Reactions: TFrazier

Yours?

Have an old Leathermans sweater from the 1920s. Black wool, with a large white N sewn on the front. I’ve never worn it, as it’s about four sizes too small. They built them more diminutive back then. Laughing

I have an unopened wheaties cereal box from the 95 national championship. Scared to see what the cereal looks like inside after almost thirty years.

Also still wear a hoodie from early ninties that has a few holes but still wear it. My wife has bought me others but just love wearing this old one.
I have 95 AND 96… last one signed by Tom… kids in my class always want me to open them… NOOOOOO!

Reactions: Joedaly
I have a pretty awesome red Adidas windbreaker that they wore in the early 2000s.

I recently got rid of my jorts and goatee. 1994 called me and said it wanted them back.

MYDJz9dd_400x400.jpeg
This jacket that Bob Devaney is wearing in the photo is the oldest Nebraska item I own, or should I say, co-own. My brother bought it at an auction back in the 80's or early 90's. I gave him some money and figured we'd get a few Husker jersey's, hats, or other things. I was surprised as hell that he got that jacket, he's got it at his place down in Florida now, I make a trip down there a few times a year to visit the jacket and see my brother!

My oldest clothing item is a "University of Nebraska Yin Yang" shirt from like 1995-96. It's got so many holes cause I love that shirt. I ought to frame it, the more I think of it!

A black sweatshirt after the 97 season that had 3 Sears trophies on it. It's really the only Nebraska gear I think I've ever had. I'm just not really into sports gear except maybe baseball caps. Got a KU degree with Gene Budig's signature on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT