ADVERTISEMENT

Ronald Thompkins

To me its the way that he cuts in traffic thats so reminiscent of LP.

Watch that and compare it to LPs 2nd quarter touchdown in the Fiesta bowl.

43:30 in
Love his power, efficient (LP) shiftiness that keeps him moving forward, and breakaway speed. Time for intercessory prayers for healing. Is there a patron saint of running backs?:Cool:

Yeah, but I think he played a couple of games as a senior so there may be some of that included.
I'm rarely impressed by HS footage because you just don't know how good the competition is, but his video really stands out to me. He just has that glide that few backs have. He has so much power in his cuts like LP did which makes it so hard to tackle him. I really hope he gets back to 100% healthy.

Best "glide" I've ever seen was Gayle Sayers. JMHO. GBA/GBR,

Reactions: TOMHP
After an injury like that I honestly don't think he will ever get back to 100%. If I were to bet I don't think he sees the field while a game is in question but I will be cheering for him to prove me wrong.
I tore my acl the first game of my junior year after being all conference my sophomore year in soccer. I was never the same afterwards and see that happen a lot especially at running back.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I had to go back and look because I remembered last year in fall practice he was getting some good reps in, albeit in a green jersey... I found the video and I know it's only one sample but the guy looks pretty close... I thought the surgery he had late last season was just a "clean up" surgery so that he'd be ready to go...

Bottom line, I haven't been as intrigued or excited about a player than RT in a long time... I sincerely hope he does well an turns into the player many thought he could be!

Ok sorry... one last one... Here he is talking about his speed and being ready to "RACE" guys! That's really encouraging! I'll take the videos I just found along with the information Y'all have been providing as good news for him!

Ok sorry... one last one... Here he is talking about his speed and being ready to "RACE" guys! That's really encouraging! I'll take the videos I just found along with the information Y'all have been providing as good news for him!
Thanks for posting the video clips.

The race video is Rhamir Johnson and unrelated to Ronald Thompkins. But the other two are good reminders that he was starting to come back before having a setback (cleanup surgery).

It’d be amazing to get him into the mix. Just don’t wanna hold my breathe on it.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Can you imagine if we had all that talent in a HS in Nebraska and we didn’t get any of them?

Well how bout this.....that shows how much talent is in Georgia as UGA still had a Top 3 recruiting class nationally. In that state you can't get them all cuz it's too much talent.

In other words that's ONE school has more talent coming out yearly than the ENTIRE state of Nebraska will have over a 3 year period! Insane.....

Here’s the timeline for Ronald Thompkins:

- October 2017 - (Junior year) 6th game - Thompkins tears his ACL in his right knee.

- August 25, 2018 - (Senior year) First game - He tears his left ACL (Complete ACL tear).

- October 12, 2018 - surgery to repair ACL.

- Early January 2019 - He is back to light jogging and building strength back in that leg.

- August 2019 - Two weeks into fall camp he is added to the 110. He was cleared for non contact drills at that point. (about a year after the injury had occurred).

- September 21, 2019 - Thompkins posts “God gives his toughest battles to his strongest warriors” and we hear he has “tweaked” something in practice.

- October 11, 2019 - he is seen in a pic with a full hip to ankle leg brace on his left leg.

- We hear after the season he had surgery to clean something up. I’m not sure why you wear a full brace like that for a scope or clean up.

- February 2020 - Dedrick Mills goes on the radio for an interview and let’s fans know Thompkins has gotten bigger, looks great, and has been rehabbing/doing some weight training. Judging by the timeline/type of brace he was wearing - I would make an educated guess he tore the left Knee again to some extent. If he’s doing a little weight training and rehab 5mo after injury that would be an ACL timeline. It would also make him likely not 100% or probable for this fall. By 2021 he could have speed/agility/faith in his leg back but not this fall.

- October 2017 - (Junior year) 6th game - Thompkins tears his ACL in his right knee.

- August 25, 2018 - (Senior year) First game - He tears his left ACL (Complete ACL tear).

- Early January 2019 - He is back to light jogging and building strength back in that leg.

- August 2019 - Two weeks into fall camp he is added to the 110. He was cleared for non contact drills at that point. (about a year after the injury had occurred).

- September 21, 2019 - Thompkins posts “God gives his toughest battles to his strongest warriors” and we hear he has “tweaked” something in practice.

- October 11, 2019 - he is seen in a pic with a full hip to ankle leg brace on his left leg.

- We hear after the season he had surgery to clean something up. I’m not sure why you wear a full brace like that for a scope or clean up.

- February 2020 - Dedrick Mills goes on the radio for an interview and let’s fans know Thompkins has gotten bigger, looks great, and has been rehabbing/doing some weight training. Judging by the timeline/type of brace he was wearing - I would make an educated guess he tore the left Knee again to some extent. If he’s doing a little weight training and rehab 5mo after injury that would be an ACL timeline. It would also make him likely not 100% or probable for this fall. By 2021 he could have speed/agility/faith in his leg back but not this fall.

OK great, another year than! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for pulling that together. Hope I'm wrong but sadly for him he seems very injury prone.

Thanks for pulling that together. Hope I'm wrong but sadly for him he seems very injury prone.

The good thing about ACL’s is that the repaired ACL is usually stronger than before the tear. The key is to let the muscle fully graft to the bone and to not rush a return with a contact sport that requires cutting like football. The coaches gave him that time with about 10mo of rehab before putting him in the green Jersey last fall.

I had a friend (basketball) tear her ACL in college. She ended up losing about 20% of her speed/quick twitch due to scar tissue and not being able to fully trust it for a while. She got 10% back by the end of the 2nd year.

Usually once someone is “cleared” It takes another year of cutting on it, hitting heavy squats with it, etc before the confidence is there to not baby it at all.

Well how bout this.....that shows how much talent is in Georgia as UGA still had a Top 3 recruiting class nationally. In that state you can't get them all cuz it's too much talent.

In other words that's ONE school has more talent coming out yearly than the ENTIRE state of Nebraska will have over a 3 year period! Insane.....

Yup and we actually have people who think we shouldnt recruit the state of Georgia. Personally i thought it was funny myself.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT