ADVERTISEMENT

Rodney Groce jr.

Bugeater1679

Walk On
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2019
3 crystal balls dropped on tos for the Husker’s for Rodney Groce jr. this morning. I also saw they dropped another CB for Omar Manning to the Huskers yesterday. Hopefully there’s some good news out soon for the Huskers. EDIT: Another CB dropped for Groce to the Huskers today, making 4 since yesterday. He’s supposed to announce on Friday. Hopefully he’s N.

iframe>

Last edited:
Frost and staff will get a lot more elite level talent in Lincoln, but it’s gonna take some time. This staff is all on the same page and they connect with kids (and just as important with moms and dads) really well. They are rebuilding this program from the ground up.

I think our problem is we recruited too many two star players who were mistakenly given four stars.
That was definitely the case with some of the 4 star guys Riley landed. One of the Rivals guys said that after seeing Barnett practice for his all star game they knew they had him WAY over rated. It's why he didn't have an offer from OU etal. The TE Snyder had a nasty leg injury so I'll cut him a little slack. It seems while some of the guys had very good high school talent, they lacked the attitude to be good power 5 players.

I think our problem is we recruited too many two star players who were mistakenly given four stars.

Nah, with how complete and thorough a drubbing we took on Saturday, the recruits couldn’t have been any better than 1 stars. A well coached group of 2 stars would have competed better.

Not trying to make an argument. Just stating a fact. Yes, it will change and likely improve but we've got a lot of ground to make up.
Of course we do. And we will. Just comes down to how we will fill the rest of the class.

I think we are top 20 in star average, and should still be close to that when signing day comes. So yes, I think we will make up a lot of ground.

To compare us to Maryland and Tulane is kind of silly, even if technically that’s where we are at right at this moment.

Reactions: HuskerO
Of course we do. And we will. Just comes down to how we will fill the rest of the class.

I think we are top 20 in star average, and should still be close to that when signing day comes. So yes, I think we will make up a lot of ground.

To compare us to Maryland and Tulane is kind of silly, even if technically that’s where we are at right at this moment.
I thought I heard that OSU's average star ranking of their recruiting classes was 3.9. Nebraska's was 3.2 and of that we've lost a good many of the higher ranked players. Considering that we played several walk ons in that game, I'm guessing our average star ranking of players who played was under 3. It's about recruiting AND retention and development.

I’d take LB that’s ranked a 5.7 3 star like Groce. He’d already be a big dude from day one (6’1 and 230-235 LBs?) And a 5.7 3 star is a borderline 4 star player.

Reactions: CBurns05
The other ILB from Alabama, the teammate of Smothers is the ILB I would love to have. He is currently a Bama commit but that dude is straight up MAN CHILD!

We're taking two ILB so Bratton and Groce would work (have a hard time believing Bratton leaves Bama though)

Not trying to make an argument. Just stating a fact. Yes, it will change and likely improve but we've got a lot of ground to make up.
Its reality right now. I hope it trends up but to make a splash we will need to land damn near every top end prospect on our board. Our biggest hope is that 3 or 4 of our current targets get a bump and that wont make us better
Ill gladly eat crow on this classes final ranking and I have not ever been harsh on the staff. I am just not sure where the top end talent is at on our board to get us to 25. Now, win EVERY game on the schedule and kids will notice. Im also sure kids will pop up who we have yet to hear from.

I thought I heard that OSU's average star ranking of their recruiting classes was 3.9. Nebraska's was 3.2 and of that we've lost a good many of the higher ranked players. Considering that we played several walk ons in that game, I'm guessing our average star ranking of players who played was under 3. It's about recruiting AND retention and development.
Let's see what happens when Wisconsin plays them. I'm guessing it will look a little different from our game.

Let's see what happens when Wisconsin plays them. I'm guessing it will look a little different from our game.

Oh that game will be ugly too but it won’t be as bad as ours. Wisconsin is still to one dimensional and OSUs defense is legit. It won’t be no 48-7 type score but OSU will still win big. Maybe like 36-10 or 40-17 type score. The Buckeyes are going to make a lot of teams look silly this year. At least till they play in the playoffs. They are hitting their stride right now and there isn’t a team in the BIG 10 that’s going to beat them.

Reactions: mel mains
A very nice pick up. Alabama and Auburn can’t sign all of their best in-state prospects. I heard a SE area staffer say that Bama might have considered taking Groce if they didn’t fill up that position so quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT